Search results

1. Ibiza Cupra PD160 jumps out of 2nd gear on overrun

The pendulum subframe mounting bolt was loose with the nut that should be welded to the subframe was no longer captive. Subframe is now off, pending welding on Monday. Fingers crossed.
  2. Dog Bone subframe bolt.

Now looking for a competent welder in West Suffolk or thereabouts.
  3. Dog Bone subframe bolt.

Thank you It looks like the captive nut isn't captive anymore. Subframe removal time again...
  4. Dog Bone subframe bolt.

Am I correct in believing that the bog bone connects to the subframe with a shouldered bolt that threads into the upper section of the subframe rather than a nut? I think some nice garage has replaced the correct Seat part with an ordinary not and bolt. The nut is inaccessible without removing...
  5. Ibiza Cupra PD160 jumps out of 2nd gear on overrun

This started a while ago when using heavy engine breaking. Is his a common problem? Only ever happens on de-acceleration from high revs, never on acceleration with WOT.
  6. SOLVED -- Auxiliary belt routing on a Ibiza Cupra PD160 sorted that, now it will not start.

Found the answer to start it. I ran the procedure in http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Fuel_Pump_Basic_Settings_for_PD,_PPD,_and_CR_TDI_Engines about 8 or 10 time. The old girl then started after bouts of persistent cranking. I think there must be an airlink in a fuel pipe that I...
  7. SOLVED -- Auxiliary belt routing on a Ibiza Cupra PD160 sorted that, now it will not start.

Fuel pump seems to run by the noise it makes when the ignition is turned on. (A sloshing sound, as it fills the accumulator, I presume). With VCDS it used to be possible to run the tank pump for 10s or so, that feature seems to have been removed or at least I can't find it. The immobiliser lamp...
  8. SOLVED -- Auxiliary belt routing on a Ibiza Cupra PD160 sorted that, now it will not start.

Replaced the auxiliary belt. The engine fired for about 1/2 a second then died. I realised that the air intake to the EGR was not connected correctly and rectified this. Scanned with VCDS, however it does not appear to show anything useful. Any ideas?
  9. SOLVED -- Auxiliary belt routing on a Ibiza Cupra PD160 sorted that, now it will not start.

My alternator pully decided to fry itself and fall apart. I've replaced that after a bit of faffing to get the old pully off. Now I'm unsure of the belt's routing. Does anyone have a diagram for this vehicle?
  10. Pendulum mount (AKA Dog-bone) bolt torque?

Finally found it. 30Nm plus 1/4 turn to gearbox 40Nm plus 1/4 turn to subframe
  11. Radio Safe Mode - Which unlocking method?

A SEAT dealer can get the code for £20.00. I did this with my Spanish 2007 Cupra in 2015.
  12. Pendulum mount (AKA Dog-bone) bolt torque?

Can someone please advise the required torque settings of the bolts to the and the bolts to the transmission for the pendulum mount? Thank you. James Cupra PD160
  13. A few more laughs ....

I don't get it. Are there no Iranians in the North?
  14. Cupra PD160 clutch change -- Weight of gearbox?

Found it in SSP_205.pdf Weight: 48.5 kg (front-wheel drive) 68 kg with angle drive (four-wheel drive). I'm glad I found that out now. It looks possible to split off the straight through drive, under the engine, where the driveshaft is attached. That will lose a few kg. Some thought required...
  15. Anybody recognizes this part?

I got to know my local Seat dealership parts department by purchasing a few parts before laying down the challenge of finding undocumented plastic clips of various sorts. They spent hours locating all but one, the clip that holds the vacuum pipe to the turbo intake pipe. The whole lot was about...
  16. Cupra PD160 clutch change -- Weight of gearbox?

I'm about to embark on a change of clutch. Should be fun. One part I'm unsure about is dropping the gearbox (literally). It's a very strong 6 speed box, (O2M I believe), therefore it must be heavy. Does anyone have a figure for the weight?
  17. Any experts with PD engines still on here?

I had P1556 Charge pressure control - negative deviation too. After a lot of head scratching and wasted time, it was the camshaft wear. Whip off the cam cover and have a look. PDs eat camshafts due to, I believe, the narrow lobes needed to fit in the injector cams. PD160 is standard apart from...
  18. Tandem pump leakage from inlet port to return port.

This PD160 is suffering from lack of fuel on startup, I believe. As I don't have access to a fuel pressure gauge yet, I tried disconnecting the return flow at the filter, plugged the filter port and diverted the pipe into a measuring jug. After running the tank pump only i.e. engine not...
  19. SOLVED: How to remove a broken dipstick tube?

Insert a 3/8" extension bar into the remaining part of the tube to reinforce the plastic and reduce the chance of fragments ending up in the sump. Use Mole-grip type clamp to get a hold on the remains of the tube and lever upwards. Note: Having removed the tube, I think the plastic tab at the...
  20. SOLVED: How to remove a broken dipstick tube?

As per the title, how does one do this?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.