Search results

1. Gex

centre box removal on a FR

I'm considering this myself, how much have you been quoted to cut the center box out and put a pipe in it's place? Cheers
  2. Gex

Starter motor making screeching sound on startup, now this...

Haha, I'm exactly the same with v-power points!
  3. Gex

I am a forecourt regular though haha!
  4. Gex

What I should have said is that I've had the code occurring for that long that I cannot remember how my MPG was before the fault started, but from memory I believe it was average 1-2 MPG less. Afterall its a code relating to the fuel system so it makes sense. Let us know when you fit your...
  5. Gex

I get the error daily too. I believe it is yes but I don't have any hard evidence haha.
  6. Gex

Difficulty Starting K1

Hi, I'm having problems starting my K1 when the engine is cold. I leave the ignition on for a few seconds (usually until my mobile pairs with the Bluetooth) before turning the key further to start the engine. When starting I have to hold the key forward for about 3-4 seconds which sometimes...
  7. Gex

I'm currently chasing this P0441 error on my K1 but so far no luck. I've changed the N80 purge valve and petrol cap and it's still occurring daily. I have a new charcoal canister on route so fingers crossed it will resolve my issue. Out of curiosity what year is your car (wonder if the charcoal...
  8. Gex

Throttle Valve issues (Please help!!!!!!) Leon Cupra

Agreed, sounds like the throttle body needs recalibrated. It can be caused by cleaning it or unplugging it. Can only be done with VCDS afaik.
  9. Gex

2.0 TFSI Issues - help please

Thanks for the response. I'll be booking it in for a major service shortly so will report back. Hopefully it does make a difference as I don't know when the plugs were last changed. (I'm quite sceptical using engine flush as I've heard mixed reviews so not sure to get it or not) On my Golf...
  10. Gex

Just a quick update. Pulled the oil cap off with the engine running and it went really lumpy like it was going to stall. Is this normal? Cheers
  11. Gex

I'll try the misfire counter in torque shortly and report back, fingers crossed! Will also try what you said about taking the oil cap off whilst its running and report back to check the PCV which looks like it's never been replaced, sure I saw a date on it of 2008/9 last time. Judging from the...
  12. Gex

1. I had feared you would say that, is there anything I can do to confirm it? Not quite sure how to pinpoint the fault and I don't want to bypass it. 2. That was my thoughts too, about 750rpm was what my previous VAG cars idled at. I don't have a clue where to start when checking for an air...
  13. Gex

Thanks for getting back to me mate. When you say carbon filter are you talking about the charcoal canister or something different? Do you have a picture of it and the hoses I would need to check? How would I go about checking them? I'll get it booked in for the major service next month which...
  14. Gex

Hoping someone can shed some light on these issues I'm having with my Cupra K1 :cry: 1. Keep getting a check engine light come up with error code P0441 so I replaced the N80 valve last weekend hoping to cure it but it's just come on again tonight! The original was goosed because I couldn't blow...
  15. Gex

How to tell if your K1 is Real

I tweeted SEAT UK (@SEAT_cars_UK) to confirm if my K1 is genuine, I got a reply in a couple of hours and they confirmed it was. I found this the quickest method to find out from the horses mouth. Another way is to use Parkers Free Car Valuation and put in the cars original registration number...
  16. Gex

Buying a K1 - advice please

Nightmare, probably have to give that one a miss and hope for the best.. :blink: Haha, sure they get asked quite a few questions when selling a car (I would hope so lol)
  17. Gex

Yeah, I'll probably give this a go on a weekend for piece of mind, cheers! Nah wasn't me, you got a link though sounds useful lol
  18. Gex

Thanks mate, can this be inspected without taking the engine cover off?
  19. Gex

That's unfortunate, did you check over it before buying or just look at it face value and take a chance like you say?
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.