Search results

1. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

Finally got round to fitting my neuspeed one today (along with Michelin PS 4S on the front) and even in the short drive home i could notice the difference, there is a slight bit of vibration at idle but you dont notice ones moving. I stopped on the way home just to plant my right foot from a...
  2. Leon Cupra ST 290 resonator

I havent done the work yet :) I was just measuring up for the bits i need to get. Im probably not going to have time now for a couple of weeks to get it done :/
  3. Leon Cupra ST 290 resonator

Sorry not sure why its posted the image upside down. heres a link to it https://i.imgsafe.org/534169224c.jpg and the other end of the resonator as well https://i.imgsafe.org/5369599eae.jpg
  4. Leon Cupra ST 290 resonator

The pipe is 2.5inch and the resonator itself (just the body of it) is 60cm. After another look I am thinking about cutting it after the bend on the next straight run between the two 90 degree bends. On the pic below you will see the back end of the resonator and just above the black bar is a...
  5. 66 plate Cupra 290 black - another white one ;-)

Looks great Nick, as you said it really finishes it off nicely. I had pretty much made up my mind to get the splitter and seeing thats just confirmed it. Dont think im going to splash out on the side skirts just yet, want to get a slight exhaust mod done first :)
  6. Leon Cupra ST 290 resonator

Im gonna measure my exhaust tonight mate so ill let you know. I wasnt planning on doing this that soon but im rubbish at waiting lol My plan is to measure the pipe diameter and length i need to replace the resonator and then order a bit of stainless the same size with expanded ends and some...
  7. Leon Cupra ST 290 resonator

Has anyone else removed their resonator from their Cupra ST 290? I'm thinking about cutting mine out and replacing it with a bit of stainless pipe clamped in its place, the videos / reviews of the 5 door and SC 290 sounded good before i got the car but the ST is way too quiet and obviously...
  8. 66 plate Cupra 290 black - another white one ;-)

Thanks Das, look forward to the pics on Friday. Splitter looks like it finishes the front off nicely and not bad for £93. I see your car is from North Wales SEAT as well :)
  9. 66 plate Cupra 290 black - another white one ;-)

Nice looking car mate, i have the white ST 290 BE myself. I was actually wandering about the front splitter and how its fixed on? being a lease car did you bother getting the permission to fit it? I've never had a lease car before so i wasnt sure how much they look for stuff like that i assume...
  10. Sound actuator

Ah, I guess it's different on the ST and the 5dr
  11. Build week for new Cupra 290's

From build week to delivery is about 4 weeks
  12. Sound actuator

Yes mate, if you are stood infront of the car its on the far left (drivers side) open the bonnet and look through the grill at the bottom of the windscreen and you will see it, I have put a link below to a picture someone posted of it. http://imgur.com/yWrauCO Just need to unplug it and...
  13. Sound actuator

I only used sports mode once and thought it was actually a bit better because it was quieter, yesterday i unplugged the sound actuator though and now no more annoying drowning noise when its in Cupra mode. On the other hand though the ST is now just a bit too quiet.
  14. Sound actuator

Thanks for that mate, i've only done 1200 miles in mine and i want to unplug it :) a job for today.
  15. Build week for new Cupra 290's

Looks really nice mate, as evoke the skirts really finish it nicely i didnt even know they didnt come as standard when i ordered it. I really love the car but I've done over 1k miles now and Im a bit disappointed by the lack of noise the ST makes compared to what i have seen in reviews of the...
  16. Build week for new Cupra 290's

Glad you're enjoying mate :) Had mine since the 14th and just done over 1k miles in it now, i decided id follow the run-in recommendations in the manual, i thought it was fairly quick up to 4k rpm but pushing it to run line is just another level :) it just goes and goes I have been really...
  17. Build week for new Cupra 290's

haha is that in the eco trainer? i havent looked at it and probably never will, it was more how the car drove around town than the fuel eco. I didnt buy the cupra for that :) I've had it a week today its nearly done 500 miles (300 were me), i think average mpg is early 20's last time i looked...
  18. Build week for new Cupra 290's

I tried the eco mode tonight and i quite like it through town :) I noticed if you touch the throttle or the brake at any point it does engage the gear again but when you dont touch the pedals you get an eco sync on the screen as it coasts along
  19. Build week for new Cupra 290's

My only other experience of it was in the rental cars i had while waiting for the Cupra but they were all manual so only activated if you have your foot on the clutch and brake or it in neutral and let the clutch out. I'll see how it goes but i might give the dealer a call and see if there...
  20. Build week for new Cupra 290's

I'll give that one a go later when i pick up the missus from work. Do you guys find that the stop start kicks in a bit too soon as you come to stop? The first time it kicks in seems to wait until you stop but after that the car seems to switch off just before you come to a complete stop...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise