Search results

1. Need help with power steering pipe

Hi all,so I have this problem with my lcr 225s power steering hose,the one that runs from the back of the steering fluid resivour to the rack,from what I can see(just jacking car up and having crawl under)it's the return pipe from rack to tank,its done.im really having an issue finding the part...
  2. Brembo 4 pot piston sizes??

Hi all looking for some info off you guys again!!when I bought the car a year ago the guy had only replaced one of my brembo calipers as he said the other one was fine(for how long I thought)and didn't need replaced,well now it does but I'm trying to avoid paying seat 400 pound for a new caliper...
  3. Catch can for cupra r.19mm??

Hi all, fitting a catch can at weekend as I've found out my pcv system is a mess(oil everywhere to be what looks like a stuck pcv valve)so I've looked at a couple of guides and it looks easy enough!couple things that wasn't clear or never noticed but is the 19mm the outer diameter of the...
  4. Forge 007 valve started to chatter??

Hey guys,I have a forge 007 valve on my cupra r and I've had no problems with it,till now!wouldnt say its a problem(I hope)but it's started to make a chatter sound on lifting off,I have the k@n s2000 cone so always heard a suttle dump on lift off(changing gear)but today noticed a different like...
  5. 4 pot brembo pad fitting kit!help

Hi peeps back again for some much needed help.i need to get the pad fitting kit for 1 of my calipers,other one is brand newAnyway where the hell do u buy these pins and retainer clip,Spring bit!ive heard that seat are asking for 60 pound a set(1 side)but only sell them in pairs!so £120 for 4x 3"...
  6. Lcr 225 cam position sensor issue

Hi all!im having an issue with my cam sensor,about 6 months ago got a code up for cam posistion sensor(p0340)was advised I needed a new sensor so I got it fitted,problem solved!now the code has came back and I've bin getting quite a bit of misfiring on high boost.i changed the plugs and they...
  7. Mechanic goosed my lcr

Hope someone can tell me what a normally good mechanic has done to my car!put it into him yesterday to get 2 front bearings done, got a call 6 hours later saying it's ready to collect,turned up and was told they where both ceased and it was a real **** of a job to get them out!anyway job...
  8. Brembo calipers rebuild help

Hello peeps,away to get my caliper refurbished from a friend who knows how but for getting the parts I'm stuck on the bolts sizes,the 4 big bolts you need for each one!now I see there is ones on eBay but there are 70mm and 80mm for the cupra r 4pots.can somebody tell me what and why is there a...
  9. cupra r front wheel bearings(bam)

Hello guys,I'm needing my bearing done on the nearside front wheel,going to get both done as I suspect other side wont be far behind.i have a guy who has his own hydraulic ramps and seems to have the right tools for the job,saying that how difficult is the bearings on a 2004 lcr as I've read...
  10. screech/squeals at 6k rpm .cupra 225

Rite guys,was on duel carriage way getting up to speed in 2nd and around 5-6k rpm started getting this horrible screeching kind of noise coming from my engine area,soon as I came off and got in 3rd it stopped.i also think I felt it through the accelerator pedal as well.it was only a short...
  11. silicone t.i.p after remap

Hello guys,just need someone that can tell me if I do or do not need a silicone t.i.p after a stage 1 remap(approx 260 bhp 360 nm) as I've heard I do and then I don't need to get 1.will be getting one at some point but do I need it before the map being done in a couple days.cheers in advance!
  12. LCR steering column part number?

Hi folks,can anybody tell me the part no for the LCR 225 steering column,I've searched the net with no luck,just found out it was not the rack that was the issue and its the knuckles(bearing)on the column that's f****d.found a good value Skoda vrs one and its for Audi vw and seat but not sure...
  13. Forged or pressed, polybush???

Hi folks,rite gettin my wishbone bushes front and rear replaced(needs doing,theyv split)I've found a polyutherane kit that seems to be the ticket.problem is how can I tell if its pressed or forged ones I need for my 2004 LCR:confused: Cheers in advance
  14. Poor milage return.14 mpg

I know guys,(that boys got a heavy right foot!)but its not that,honestly!I changed over the coolant temp sensor as the temp guage was giving dodgy readings(always going well below 90)and was told that would give poor milage.so I changed it over and the guage started getting up to 90 quicker but...
  15. Problem behind the steering wheel,its not the rack!!

Hello guys just had my rack changed over for a low milage one on my LCR 225.was having an issue for a while that 3 separate garages couldn't fix or diagnose.so I changed the rack over as I read online that a feeling of something loose behind the steering wheel would indicate that the rack needed...
  16. LCR 225 steering rack problem.help!!!

Hello guys.having issues with my steering rack.what I need to know is,does the fact I have movement on the driver side arm(tie rod I think)does that mean I have to replace the whole rack or can it be fixed without replacing.I put the car in to garage as I could feel the front passenger wheel...
  17. Hi all,looking for advice on decent seat garage(mechanic)

Hello all.fairly new user here.does anybody know a garage in Aberdeen,scotland who knows what there doing with my LCR 225(apart from seat main dealer) and won't rip me off or tell me I need stuff doing that I really don't.I've got a steering rack issue and I need a good honest fix.already had a...
  18. Hi all,looking for advice on 225 lcr

Hello guys!first off Im New to the forum and would appreciate some quality advice from people who for sure,threw experience will know.i just bought a mk1 LCR 225 (bam),wanted one for ages and the rite one came up.yeah its got higher milage at 103,000 but full seat service history and over £5,000...