Search results

1. Brake conversion, will golf gti calipers fit

Golf GTI 1.8T | Golf 130/150 TDI | Golf V5 150 | Seat Leon 130/150 TDI and 20VT The Front brakes are 288mm x 25mm Vented Discs, 54mm ATE single piston calipers Anyone know the Ibiza sizes?
  2. Brake conversion, will golf gti calipers fit

Saw a pair of MK5 golf GTI front calipers for sale and been offered them , I was wondering if these will be a straight bolt on with bigger discs or will I need adapters? Going on a 2007 1.8t fr Ibiza. Calipers I think are 288mm on a golf gti which is same size as my standards? Or are golf gti...
  3. Airtec Fmic only for cupras?

I thought the exact same. My Ibiza is the facelift model, the seller replied this rudiemods: "Hi, Airtec have just finished some testing on the FR model. The kit is slightly different but they can do it for the FR, lead time is approx. 1 week for the FR version" So looks like it's...
  4. Airtec Fmic only for cupras?

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone has the Ibiza FR 1.8t and fitted a airtec front mount? I asked a eBay seller if it would be a straight fit but he's told me that the one for the FR is slightly different? Rather unsure so any advise would be helpful..
  5. Forge Splitter valve problem

I've tried different clicks, seen people saying 10-15 for standard non mapped cars. tried everything from no clicks to high clicks, found that the trumpet was on the wrong side so swapped the trumpet to the intake pip and blanked off the trumpet so its fully recirc and so far not had the issue...
  6. Forge Splitter valve problem

There's also a blanking cap for the Blow off of the valve, would this make a difference? Obviously there would be no blow off noise but would act like the stock DV if not react quicker than OEM DV
  7. Forge Splitter valve problem

Hey guys, recently fitted a forge splitter DV valve, works great for a while then boom out of no where stops boosting and over fuels (I think, plenty of popping from exhaust), is this common as I've read it can go in to some sort of limp mode due to the MAF causing too rich of a mixture and...
  8. Silicon intake hose issues.

Ive trimmed it down at the turbo end. But any more and I doubt the clip will hold enough, also seems too tall. May just have to buy the half intake hose, that should just go straight on to the metal hose that's mounted to the turbo.
  9. Silicon intake hose issues.

Half intake that looks like it would fit. Full intake that fouls
  10. Silicon intake hose issues.

Seem to have found myself a problem, bought a full silicon intake hose, MAF to turbo. Removed rubber hose holding MAF, N75, DV etc, this sort of half intake hose goes to a metal pipe which bolts to the turbo which makes up the other half of the new hose. Fitted new hose... Problems...
  11. Lack of power, no boost.

Didn't even think of limp mode.. sounds about right as a intercooler pipe came off in the past and went in to limp mode killing all power. Guessing remap is the solution to get around it.
  12. Lack of power.

Yeah I sort of realised afterwards I put it in the wrong one. Haha. Unsure how to delete this thread though..
  13. Hi guys

Hello everyone, I'm ches, new to the forum, own a Ibiza 6L FR 150bhp model. Currently lowered, splitter, badge delete grill, cone filter, forge recirc valve, custom decat and centre silencer delete. Located in Lancashire, only seen around 2 other 6L ibizas here but many more of the newer...
  14. Lack of power, no boost.

Here's the issue, car will run fine and boost perfectly. After awhile once heated under acceleration the car lags as if it's missing no longer boosts as well as let's off a couple pops when letting off, this carries on constantly till I come to a stop and turn the engine off. Problem really is...
  15. Lack of power.

Here's the issue, car will run fine and boost perfectly. After awhile once heated under acceleration the car lags as if it's missing no longer boosts as well as let's off a couple pops when letting off, this carries on constantly till I come to a stop and turn the engine off. Problem really is...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members