Search results

1. Headlight bulb replacement

I had read online that this was a nightmare job...when the bulb finally went in one of them I managed to change both in about 10mins!
  2. Rear wiper Exeo ST

Cheers DC - I ordered a reconditioned motor yesterday for what it was worth. Tried the wiper today and it was doing all sorts, although responded differently to whether wipers were set to auto or whether I put the car in reverse. Fingers crossed!
  3. Rear wiper Exeo ST

DC - did you solve this issue? Mine started this yesterday during a monster downpour and has continued today. First thought was water ingress somewhere?
  4. Armrest Latch

I’ll not have a bad word said against my arm rest!
  5. Armrest Latch

My eBay links say they’re unavailable - one was £2.99 and the one that worked was £1.97. Probably something like this: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172836227478 The first one I bought was for the Audi B6 and not B7, there is a stupidly...
  6. Armrest Latch

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but had the same happen to me last month. Bought a catch from China that didn’t work for a few quid then got one from Europe for £5 which did. Top of the armrest pulls off and then the catch and spring pops out. Interestingly enough I also 3D printed a couple of...
  7. Dpf & glow plug lights

I don’t off hand but from memory you can change it fairly easily with removing the air hose and some other basic bits - it’s kind of at the front and low down. I also replaced a boost solenoid (which I originally thought was the N75), it has 3 hoses connected to it and a wiring loom clip which...
  8. Dpf & glow plug lights

I had this on mine last summer. Would go into limp mode randomly with glow plug light flashing. A DPF clean with one of those mobile gunk guys worked for nearly a year, I also replaced the N75 valve and a couple of solenoids along the way. A few months ago it started again, but would go off...
  9. Flashing Glow Plug light

Sorry - forgot to take any photos! It was an annoyingly simple fix and something I probably should have picked up from the fault code showing a Short to Ground as opposed to a fault in the Boost Valve or Solenoid.
  10. Flashing Glow Plug light

After some investigative work... There was an exposed cable in part of the wiring loom that lead to the connector of the N75 valve. Taped and moved away from where it was rubbing and I hope this is going to be it. Test run tomorrow to get the car up to temp to find out!
  11. Flashing Glow Plug light

So I got 2 fault codes... P0047 - Boost Pressure Control Valve Solenoid: Short to ground P069A - ECM Power Relay Load Circuit I've replaced the Boost Pressure Solenoid (and the MAP sensor as I bought the wrong part initially!) and it made no difference. Get car up to temp and then go...
  12. Flashing Glow Plug light

Not this time, last summer when it occurred initially I had it scanned. From memory its the 'Over Boost…' something or other, but I'll probably get it scanned tonight to see if the fault is still there? Will it store the fault even if the light has gone off?
  13. Flashing Glow Plug light

Long story short, well shortened... Glow Plug light started flashing last summer, usually when car was warmed up and in heavy traffic, so stop start after a long run. Goes into limp mode and could initially be reset by turning the car on and off. Carried this on for a while before it just came...
  14. Not starting - help!

To be fair, they're about 20+ years old!
  15. Not starting - help!

Didn't try bump starting as I park on street and was pretty well penned in! Popped a new battery in and it fired up first time... I'm still none the wiser as to route cause or why a new battery would cause a fault like that after 10 months but still!
  16. Hardwire USB 12v charger

Excellent. Not sure why I didn't consider running a wire the 20 or so cm from the front as opposed to the metres from the rear?! Couple of the those cable crimps to split and I should be alright with an inline fuse as back up.
  17. Hardwire USB 12v charger

I suppose the only reason to hard wire was to avoid the extension cable end getting snapped when the boot is full of junk on long journeys…and it would look a bit neater! But that is the easier option, could even come through the rear centre armrest?
  18. Hardwire USB 12v charger

I have the 12v socket in the boot and am tempted to try and extend/split the cabling so I can run a USB charger/12v socket into the rear ashtray behind the front arm rest. Assuming this is possible, has anyone tried it or have any tips? Got my car started btw (see previous post! Dodgy battery)
  19. Not starting - help!

Morning! Before I pay out for recovery I thought I'd ask on here first…here's the story. Replaced battery this time last year after car failed to start. All well and good until last week it sounded as though it was starting to struggle in the cold mornings. Fast forward to this week and...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.