Search results

1. Best headlight bulb 2018?!

What LED H7's are you using LCR? I kind of fancy a set but that many different options!
  2. Holy Grail of Tyres

I've got GY AS2's on my FR550, get the usual resistance if you put the boot down, but generally good grip, sticks like it's on rails in the dry. Wet is fine unless it's the first rain after a long dry spell.
  3. What modifications does my car have?

Yeah I had a diesel fiesta many moons ago and the first thing I knew of any turbo trouble was a loud pop, a loud whine, and no power haha! Good stuff, EML might come and go if the decat isn't mapped in. Try giving it a clean up man, or even try and get a standard box from the scrappers to see...
  4. What modifications does my car have?

The catalyst code is telling you the catalytic converter isn't working correctly, which we know because it isn't there. There's sensors before and after the cat to measure emissions and the second one will be picking up a higher than usual level because the cat isn't there. That's all mate...
  5. FR TDI fumes on tick over?

Mine got the tensioner done but still not quite right, it's fine when you're driving but as soon as you sit still the smell creeps in, so I think they've only adjusted one cam once the belts in and it's overfuelling at idle, fuel consumption is pretty naff too. Fingers crossed they get the...
  6. Leon FR TDI Engine Cut Out HELP/ADVICE PLEASE

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=420277&highlight=inlet+manifold Have a wee look on this thread buddy. Someone wrote up a guide on changing for the BKD inlet but process explains how they removed the current one as well!
  7. FR TDI fumes on tick over?

Mines the same, stinks of diesel when you're sitting still, so strong it makes my eyes sting both inside and outside the car. Went in to get it checked and they went to check timing and the belt tensioner was worn causing slight fluctuation in the timing. Once that's sorted they're going to...
  8. Leon FR TDI Engine Cut Out HELP/ADVICE PLEASE

Where the oil residue looks to be is beside the inlet manifold if I'm not mistaken? These are quite bad for the actuator not staying sealed properly and let's gases and oil residue out, but I'd think you'd see a lot more carbon and soot all over the bay. Could possibly be swirl flap failure? If...
  9. Aftermarket Double Din Radio

Apologies for lack of replies from my original post, not been near a computer and my phone is hopeless. Branded HU's are miles better, i know it might mean a little longer to save but the cheapo ones have terrible amps in them, and will likely sound worse than your factory HU. You'll need the...
  10. Aftermarket Double Din Radio

I wouldn't bother with a cheap unit like that mate, buy cheap, buy twice! Depending on budget you'll get a better setup for circa £250-300... Branded HU's, some don't have a CD drive if that would bother you. https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-mvhav180_p-40020.htm...
  11. DPF Solution in Scotland

Yeah, i'm completely aware of the risks involved, but i'm also very aware of the £1000+ risk for a DPF if it goes wrong, plenty of people have boxes gutted and still pass MOT's no problem so it's a risk i'm willing to take. It's a disaster waiting to happen on the PD170 and i'm sick of having...
  12. DPF Solution in Scotland

It's been an MOT failure for a while. Diesels have always been a soot test though. My last car had a precat and main cat removal and never had any issues! Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  13. Western SEAT, Edinburgh

Correct, Clarkies in Broxburn now converted but weren't much use when i went in looking for parts! They didn't have a clue what i was looking for, I told them more about my car than they could tell me, but they had no idea about the 1 thing i didn't know...
  14. DPF Solution in Scotland

Hi, As post name suggests, does anyone have any previous experience of anywhere in Scotland that could complete a DPF delete and map? Emailed Ecotune but nobody in there until January again for a response. SOS in Falkirk quoted £500 for DPF gutting, EGR blank and stage 1 map but they reckon...
  15. New to the forum...Nearly convinced

Water comes through the pollen filter and into the passenger footwell too once the channel gets blocked on the scuttle panel! Enough water gets in and it damages the airbag sensor under the carpet and brings the airbag light on :( Regular service history is a plus, preferrably at a dealer as...
  16. Newbie from livingston

Welcome mate, Fairly new myself, I'm from Bathgate! Drive a black Mk2 FR, you'll probably see me about, watch for the private plate starting DAZ haha!
  17. Daniel M's FR PD170 - Fixed 24.07.2017

Went off the boot pop mod but I'm still after the bonnet strut kit once it's off mate! Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  18. Boot pop button

Yeah mate it was myself that commented on your RR thread interested in it, but i picked mine up and pressed the boot button and it didn't pop open, i might just leave that as to be honest, i don't think i'd use it very often haha. Still after your bonnet strut kit though!
  19. Boot pop button

Need to find someone with VCDS then...haha. Cheers! Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  20. Boot pop button

Picked up my Mk2 yesterday and the boot release button on the key doesn't seem to do anything. Does this need programmed with VCDS to pop the boot open? [emoji26] Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.