Search results

1. S14A

Chipped Ibiza Tdi Vs Civic Type R

Sorry Ed took this video footage from the Golf owners club didn't realise it was already on here...thought id share it with the Seat lads anyway
  2. S14A

Fair enough, perhaps like the Leon chap said perhaps my digital clock is out! But for an example The Last time I went to Santa pod I drove there and back spirited driving all the way there and back with friends did 6 runs up the strip and Managed 415 miles to a full tank before the light came...
  3. S14A

Ummm who owns the car me or you? Unless my Digital Average Mileage counter is lying it has never dropped below 40 mpg apart from when the MAF was knackered then power was down and average MPG was about 35/36mpg! Perhaps so but When I was down the Pod I didn't see any CTR get below 15's...
  4. S14A

This is what I have been trying to say in other posts but the petrol boys don't seem to be able to accept it! My Golf runs more power again than that Ibiza! And I have footage of my TDI wasting 2 different Civic Type Rs at the Pod last August over the 1/4 mile.............AGAIN ALL OF THIS...
  5. S14A

Interesting stuff. http://www.tourenwagen.at/video_salzburg/onboard/hoffmann_onboard_salzburg.ra http://www.tourenwagen.at/video_a1ring/onboard/hoffmann_onboard01_a1ring.ra Heres the cars spec sheets: CTR: http://www.tourenwagen.at/template.php?sid=318 Ibiza...
  6. S14A

Shall I tell the 'petrol heads' or shall you

Ease the power in from second gear mate no spin then and great traction...its easier to controll in second but not good for the clutch!
  7. S14A

Id agree 1st gear is hardly usable its just wheelspin and then your out of revs ! but when you have 500 nm torque pulling off in second quickly isnt a problem!
  8. S14A

Your totally right mate....I was a complete Petrol head and would have never considered a Diesel!!!.........Until I found and test drove my Tuned TDI....completley turned me the other way! There are sooo many advantages over a petrol but Petrol heads will not accept it because they do not...
  9. S14A

Its the same on the MK4 Golf club.....the petrol boys hate the fact that I can beat their chipped 1.8T's 1/4 mile time in my diesel!! They need to get to grips with the fact that TDI's are the business they have moved on over the years they can match their petrols for performance and we get...
  10. S14A

Leon PD150 Launch

I have launched in 2nd a few times and if you get it right you can get very low 6's 0-60...also can get you mid to low 14's on the 1/4 mile which is awesome! When I did it on uprated clutch the clutch smelled for an hour afterwards so I wouldnt recommend it! I certainly will not be doing it...
  11. S14A

SMIC on the 130 Remaped Cars

Thanks I will keep an eye out for that...I did have to get Samco hoses for the Intercooler as it kept blowing the standard ones off!!
  12. S14A

SMIC on the 130 Remaped Cars

What about sourcing a FMIC from a PD150 Golf? Mine is doing a fine job of cooling according to Jabba, they said its not far off big aftermarket jobbies!
  13. S14A

Smoking under hard acceleration

Petrol are has beens Diesel is the future! ;)) Performance and Economy Mine smoked under hard acceleration using Tesco/Sainsburrys diesel started using BP Ultimate and after 3 tank fulls I hardly get any smoke now even when flooring it huge improvement!
  14. S14A

Tdi injector cleaner

I just use BP Ultimate all of the time
  15. S14A

Wow Now Thats Fast

I havent got LSD and dont find traction a problem but the TC light on the dash is constantly flickering LOL! They really do pull like trains rediculous torque from these TDI's! I love it
  16. S14A

Cleaning twin exhaust

I use wonder wheels fantastic stuff!! it comes up sparkling like nothing you have seen! oh and the Alloys!! lol But as said once a week with soapy water and a spounge brings it all off, its when you let it get bad you need some strong cleaners like the WonderWheels
  17. S14A

Black Ibiza TDI (Red D & I) 52 Plate

Yep definitly mate, regularly travel to leicester via m50 m5 we could meet up in services or something
  18. S14A

Hey Spaniels I Would like to see what an FR Ibiza goes like with 230 odd bhp!! Rampant!!
  19. S14A

Id imagine you would win then mate I have the disadvantage of a heavily built Golf! about 100kg heavier than the Ibiza I think! Although my Golfs 14.5 1/4 mile time is pretty ace for the spec I think!! I was only managing 14.1's in my 300 bhp Nissan 200sx s14a When I tell people I wasted civic...
  20. S14A

ah right im with you! So the Ibiza FR (130) is damn quick then according to EVO its faster as standard than the (150 Golf) standard......must be due to the weight difference. I have always been a big fan of the Seats! Loved the Ibiza Cupra a few years back but ended up with a 306 GTI-6 as...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members