Search results

1. SteveFR

Wet patch underneath nearside front tyre

This was the level when I pulled into petrol station to check coolant after about 10 minutes of driving last night. The warning light hasn't come back on in the 2 times I've used Leon since; hopefully not another intermittent fault like when the previous coolant leak corroded wiring in T14...
  2. SteveFR

Yeah, the heater matrix on mine needed replacing a few years back (due to silica bag bursting) and had new water pump plus thermostat housing fitted in 2020. I would've traded Leon in for something newer then if it wasn't for pandemic but think I might be doing like yourself and trying another...
  3. SteveFR

Thanks for the replies. I took my car to local dealership (as been using them for servicing since SEAT's Black Friday deal) who put it up on ramp but technician couldn't see anything out of place and apparently the only fluid level on low side was oil which they topped up without charge...
  4. SteveFR

Hi, Noticed a wet patch on driveway where my nearside front tyre would’ve been sat a few hours earlier and when driving back from supermarket this evening I could hear something which sounded like it could be a rubber hose / plastic tube rattling against that wheel. I’ll take it to local...
  5. SteveFR

Error: brake Workshop!

Well 6 weeks and 3 workshops later I finally have an explanation for why my Leon won’t start! Seems that some moisture got into the electrical system and corroded the inside of a connector to the spark plugs. So hopefully rewiring that will get my car back on the road again and it was simply...
  6. SteveFR

Britannia sent out a repair van to my home this morning and the technician managed to get enough charge into battery for engine to start but (even though I switched off air-con, Infortainment plus Start/Stop) my car conked out again on the drive across town to the garage! Had to wait couple...
  7. SteveFR

Was driving home earlier when the engine cut out and whilst trying to restart it this message popped up, which seemed rather ominous! Took key out before trying ignition again but this time the Battery Low warning popped up instead, so I called a local tow truck firm to get my car back home...
  8. SteveFR

No heat from vents

Unfortunately the airbag module is knackered and SEAT cannot get a replacement to my local indie garage before Christmas but on the upside I can stick that on January’s credit card bill instead. Oh and FWIW this video from EngineeringExplained featuring HumbleMechanic popped up on my YouTube...
  9. SteveFR

Radio has a mind of it’s own.

Yup, add my 53 plate to the list of cars whose infotainment goes berserk when the temperature approaches zero ??
  10. SteveFR

silica grain in the header tank

I‘m unsure which header tank version my 1.8 TSI currently has but wondering whether it is something that should be replaced :unsure: As local garage fitted a new heater matrix last week when climate control stopped warming the cabin (water pump, thermostat housing and temp sensor were done last...
  11. SteveFR

No heat from vents

Well my Leon is back from garage with a new heater matrix fitted, a relief to have lovely warm air demist my spectacles whilst driving in the freezing fog! Whilst stripping out dashboard the mechanic discovered a leak which had made the passenger footwell carpet damp plus got into the airbag...
  12. SteveFR

No heat from vents

Local garage replaced the thermostat housing (along with temperature sensor and water pump) last summer. At least my Leon is slightly cheaper to repair than those Audis!
  13. SteveFR

No heat from vents

My 1.8 TSI 180 is mit silikat ? Car is currently in garage but here’s photos I took before topping up the G13 last month.
  14. SteveFR

No heat from vents

Found another thread where OP describes similar symptoms to my car... https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/2014-leon-fr-coolant-issues.462049/ My TSI 180 had its coolant pump replaced last autumn but continued to lose coolant this year. Local garage has tried flushing out the heater...
  15. SteveFR

No heat from vents

My Leon’s heating has just given up the ghost too, so am relieved to hear that it should be a fairly straightforward process for indie garage to fix.
  16. SteveFR

Slightly juddery pickup at low revs (FR)

I’ve got a 2013 plate 1.8 TSI (albeit the DSG not manual) which also used to be a bit juddery when accelerating (especially 2nd gear) but that ceased to be a problem after I got a stage 1 Shark remap a couple of summers ago :D
  17. SteveFR

1.8 TSI FR Tuning

FWIW I also own a 2013 plate 1.8 TSI which had a Shark stage 1 remap done in 2018 and my DSG still feels fine after about 15K miles of driving since then. There’s the occasional bit of clunkiness when changing into / from 2nd gear but my DQ200 had that quirk before and it’s no worse than...
  18. SteveFR

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Topped up the coolant tank with G13 plus Quantum Mixing Water, after spotting some fluid on driveway by driver's door. Hopefully just a bit of air in system, as I spent £700 having the coolant pump replaced last autumn (P2681 fault code) which left my car out of action for a week.
  19. SteveFR

2.0 TSI 190 DSG

Crickey, your 1.8TSI must’ve been remapped on the production line to pull those figures! I might’ve to invest in one of those Dragy things to see what mine is doing, as i assume the free mobile apps are inaccurate?
  20. SteveFR

2.0 TSI 190 DSG

Having only driven manuals previously the DQ200 was a revelation for me but it is a tad notchy around 2nd gear and the DQ381 sounds like a nice improvement. Yeah, I’d assume so. I waited until my 1.8TSI was 3 years old before getting mine remapped but it’s continued to be rock solid, well aside...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.