Search results

1. BT3469

TDI FR 184 with Remap advice??

Yeah traded mine last week,2014, 76000 all motorway miles mapped from a week old, never missed a beat, no issues, turned a nice car into a very capable diesel. If it’s a reputable company doing the map, I don’t see the issue, I did tell the dealer(Although I knew the service manager) didn’t have...
  2. BT3469

Dash Storage/Climate Panel Removal

Yeah was about to agree, no USB port and mines open with no flap? Maybe 3 versions ? Flap, no flap no usb, no flap with usb ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. BT3469

Dash Storage/Climate Panel Removal

Why is my cubby hole box different? 2015-64 plate FR. Mines doesn’t have a flap that folds over to cover the hole? Mines open all the time ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. BT3469

Leon FR Rear spoiler

Mini guide would be amazing and I will have a look then take the plunge... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. BT3469

Leon FR Rear spoiler

Hi Got a actual part number for the cupra one? Do they fit properly? Isn’t a cupra slightly different ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. BT3469

DAB - sudden poor reception

When using the dB dab OBD 11 it’s at -128db , when you revalue it what can you put to make it better 0? +10? Any idea of values ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. BT3469

Speeding Letter

Same colour? Same options? Very probable that it’s either cloned or they have a set of fuzzy number plates 3D type and this further makes it difficult for the machine to read the plate, dependant on speed too. To be fair just writing appealing the fact the number plate is unreadable in the...
  8. BT3469

Speeding Letter

I deal with these for a large company. West Yorks used to offer a log in and PIN number on the NOIP. Or use too, read the NOIP carefully and it usually points this out. Greater Manc and Met just send a letter to provide details. One thing not to do is ignore as this is a automatic prosecution...
  9. BT3469

Boot Gas Struts

Yeah, between us(wastedagen)we got the terminology right, yes it's stiff but grip the plastic knuckle at the end and rotate into position...and don't forget some grease for the hole...used it just now, amazing mod when seen again. Seat should take note. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. BT3469

Boot Gas Struts

Ok well I'm up for that, love to see your Cupra, I will PM you later or vice versa, swap some details etc. Off to work in a mo... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. BT3469

Boot Gas Struts

To be honest the only thing I can think is. The end rotates as mine to look at looked like they fitted the same side. You just twist the top and rotate 180 degrees to fit. Didn't think they come left and right handed ? Also I only ordered the gas struts and that is more than enough to lift the...
  12. BT3469

Boot Gas Struts

Ordered mine, £26.87 for the pair delivered to the door from Germany in 4 days including weekend by DPD.Fitted both in 10 mins. Amazing to see just ...press and pop goes the trunk. You really notice the resistance when closing though. Worth it, just need to get a few OBD 11 treats by someone...
  13. BT3469

Surely not?

Ok small update and seems logical, after speaking with the master tech, he said its drinking oil on a average basis. He did advise that he had seen the sump plug weeping issue but showed me this didn't seem to be the case. Also said the 184 is a strange engine with some not drinking and some...
  14. BT3469

Surely not?

I actually think my stupidity and that is high. I now get it...500 ml is the dipstick and not the sump level. In the great words of Homer Simpson ......DOH. So yes in theory 500ml is nothing in 10k. You gotta have a brain to be considered brain dead right ? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. BT3469

Surely not?

Yeah, having just used a reliable internet search engine, it seems like some do and some don't. Great opinions and advice as I suspected on here. Great site and super informative. I will just get some oil in the morning and top it up with 500 ml doses. Any recommended oils manufacturer ? Vw 507...
  16. BT3469

Surely not?

Well I'm on the minimum mark, so you think there is more in the sump? Just seems odd to have drunk so much oil in so little miles and time. All motorway mileage and 70 mph max? I couldn't check for leaks or marks on the tray. No oil is on the driveway. I will let them have a look as I will make...
  17. BT3469

Surely not?

I periodically check on a monthly basis. I have had vag 2.0 tdi engines before but seriously can't believe this 184 has eaten 4 litres in 10k yet nothing in previous 2 services. I think I will just book it in as it's still in warranty till Friday ? Anyone else had this drinking issue? Sent...
  18. BT3469

Surely not?

2014 FR 184, serviced in Mar 17 28000 miles, full service and oil change/filter change. Sep 17 38000 bong goes the dash telling me, check oil level, so I did, its on minimum, called dealer straight away and they said it's a mileage check and to check the oil level, ok so then I let the car...
  19. BT3469

OBDeleven modifications

Well here is a list of likes but obviously no idea of how many credits this will take, and after these are done,you may have shown me some more lol....always the way needle sweep OPS which i think i may have already? Cornering lights although i have LED pack so maybe not? Lap timer looks...
  20. BT3469

OBDeleven modifications

Good morning In respect of getting these done? I had a look and wow you can do so many things, why don't Seat just enable these themselves ? I will get round to it, fascinating website. I know a lot more about why the car does and doesn't do things now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members