Search results

1. Turbo failure due to overspeed issue.

Thanks for your responses.
  2. Turbo failure due to overspeed issue.

So the turbo on my 100000 mile 2.0Tdi 184 has failed due to overspeed, quite spectacularly apparently. Anybody have experience of the same thing on their car? Apparently the cause is an air leak or blockage in the intake, sensor issue or injector fault. I've checked the intake hoses and the...
  3. Turbo failure

Thank-you, I'll give it a go.
  4. Turbo failure

Thanks. Anyone changed a turbo on a drive way, is it do able?
  5. Turbo failure

Car lost power the other night and there was a strange noise. The garage has diagnosed turbo bearing failure and the car, a 184hp 2,0tdi has done a 100k. They've quoted £1900 to replace it with a new unit from Garratt at £750 plus lots of labour, apparently the seat part is £1500. Anybody...
  6. Helped needed! MIB1 to MIB2 cable management

Bizzarely enough, done this today myself. Assuming it is a RH drive car, take it to the right of the screen into the speedo compartment (you will have to remove the speedo surround (pulls off) and the clocks themselves (two screws underneath), though you don't need to unplug them. Then straight...
  7. Headlights suddenly too low and they no longer sweep up and down when I start the car

Thank-you for the reply. I took the wheel off and the linkage is still connected and it looks ok. At the weekend I'll get it up on some ramps, disconnect the linkage and make sure the variable resistor part works.
  8. Headlights suddenly too low and they no longer sweep up and down when I start the car

Anybody come across a problem where the LED headlight have become too low and they no longer sweep up and down when I start the car? I've checked for error codes and there are none. Could of been like it for some time as I don't use the car much in the summer.
  9. 2.0 tdi Leon (184) timing belt, 2014

I've done it on my drive. Its quite hard, need to follow the procedure exactly especially concerning the fuel pump and I'd recommend you buy the correct kit, I used the Laser Tools kit. You don't need to use diagnostics to properly bleed the 3 coolant circuits. I just checked it regularly...
  10. Fitting media system from a later year

Hi, I have a MIB1 media system in my 2013 Leon. Can I just fit a second hand MIB2 or the latest system in my car but does it need to be coded to work? Thanks
  11. Water in tailight

I took mine off, popped the black covers off the backs, put them in the airing cupboard for a couple of days to get rid of the moisture. Then put clear sealant in the gap round the edge to seal them. Sorted.
  12. Reasonance between 65-80mph

Noise generator disconnected sometime ago. Checked the rear tyres, they look ok on the inside edges.
  13. Reasonance between 65-80mph

Tyres? Not heard that before. It has continental sport contact 2 on the front and Goodyear asymmetric 3 on the back.
  14. Reasonance between 65-80mph

Nope.
  15. Reasonance between 65-80mph

No I haven't tried that yet as its a big job to remove it.
  16. Reasonance between 65-80mph

I've checked all the mounts, they are all there and all tight.
  17. Reasonance between 65-80mph

Anybody get a resonance between 65 to 80mph? I believe it is coming from the heat shield in the central tunnel in which the exhaust centre section runs. I notice that the Audi A3 has the same heat shield but there are some extra parts the seat doesn't have, which may sort it. Anybody tried...
  18. Tank capacity

Why can I only get 44 litres in my tank when the distance to go meter reads 0 miles? In theory there is 6 litres left, but since I don't if I can only get 44 litres in or the gauge is under reading, is there a way to pump the fuel out of the tank to see how much is left? i.e. disconnect...