Search results

1. Engine Cut Out

Re revving, yes I was pulled up, but I think you are going to tell me that is normal. It got worse yesterday so booked into Seat, I think it keeps going into idle mode, can’t drive, but it can tick over stationery. I’m not looking forward to the bill
  2. Engine Cut Out

So, I haven’t changed the relays yet, but decided to give it a small run this morning. The car was fine, then power dropped, but it didn’t cut out this time, it just wouldn’t rev over 2500. Do you recall this happening to yours?
  3. Engine Cut Out

Interesting, I wil check it out Appreciate the info
  4. Engine Cut Out

Yes it is a Diesel Yes, it will try and start again, just won’t tick over Thanks for the reply
  5. Engine Cut Out

In need of a bit of help Saturday night my Exeo cut out, no power nothing, just came to a standstill. I had about 30 miles left in the tank, cutout within metres of the petrol station I was driving to. I proceeded to put a fivers worth in the car, car all fine, just had the engine management...
  6. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

Just wanted to say a big thanks for all the info above and give an update. I had the thermostat changed and everything now seems to be working properly, the engine management light has not come back on and the car is up to temperature and not fluctuating now. The garage also confirmed that the...
  7. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

Thanks for the info here, I've just got back from a holiday and on the drive to the airport I kept an eye on the temperature, it was up and down like a yoyo which was one of the symptoms mentioned above. Im booking it in to have the work done, hopefully I can come back and say all is good :-)
  8. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

I got it from local car parts provider, I think it was the Lucas brand
  9. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

Appreciate the info, I will keep an eye on it and check the items above when I'm out and about
  10. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

What are the symptoms of the thermostat gone? Ive read a few posts and some have said the temperature fluctuates, mine warms to 90 and then seems to remain there, does this mean its ok?
  11. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

So I changed the coolant temp sensor at the weekend, reset the engine management and the light cam back on after a day Whats the next options then?
  12. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

Thanks Matty, I will try and give this a go over the next week and see how it goes
  13. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

Over the last 3 months I did have the revs go up and down a bit and thought it was a bit strange, but at this time the engine management light had not come on
  14. Engine Management Light - Error Code P1296

Ive had the engine management light come on lately, computer has been plugged in and the code was P1296: Cooling System Malfunction Ive read that this is the coolant temp sensor Can anyone confirm this is correct and have actually done this themselves and cured it before I go and buy the...
  15. Slow Puncture/Rear Bumper Repair

Cheers for all the info people, I will look into it
  16. Slow Puncture/Rear Bumper Repair

Cheers for the info, Im gonna get the wheel off over the Christmas period and have a look at it, see what I can find Only had 10psi in it this morning :-(
  17. Slow Puncture/Rear Bumper Repair

I got some great info from another request so I thought that I would ask some queries on some other problems I have. First off I have a slow puncture, I've taken it to the local garage and they have informed me that there is nothing in the tyre and it seems as if the wheels have corroded, I...
  18. MK1 Cupra R Exhaust

Cheers for all the info, I just need to visit the garage now and get it sorted
  19. MK1 Cupra R Exhaust

Thanks, I was checking on Eurocar parts and G&S and couldn't find anything, looks like its gonna be an expensive change :-)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.