Search results

1. KXL

What does everybody recommend for tyres?

Most of the premium tyres should suit your needs. Eg...Goodyear Efficientgrip 2 or Eagle Assy 5/6, Michelin Primacy 4, Pirelli P7C2, Continental Premium 7 and so on. I just cannot recommend Bridgestone, had those, and no grip whatsoever in colder/wetter weather. Currently have Pirelli P7C2 on...
  2. KXL

Ibiza fuel economy dropping

From a non Seat car, but from an Audi A3 1.0TSI MHEV, in summers a said journey of almost 100 miles mainly on motorway going 70mph, gave me 60mpg. I just did the same journey in winter last weekend, it was raining, but not particularly cold (9 degrees), and it returned only 54mpg. 6mpg short...
  3. KXL

Leaving car unused for maybe 6 months - battery?

I guess if you're parking in a private place (gated and secured or similar) then you can disconnect one terminal and use the physical key to enter when you're back. If you're parking on a public road, maybe best to let it (still) power the alarm?
  4. KXL

Real MPG Figures - 1.6 vs 2.0 tdi?

I used to have the 2.0tdi Leon 150 dsg Se tech on 16in wheels. Going 74 ish mph journey got me just shy of 60mpg. On paper the manual should do slightly better. Rented an Audi A3 1.6tdi manual in Portugal, it did similar mpg. Though that had 6 speed Vs Leon's 5 speed manual
  5. KXL

Leaving car unused for maybe 6 months - battery?

I've left a 68 plate Volvo V40 outside during cold winter months for 4 months and it started fine, and did another couple of short trips before it showed low battery. I did do a long ish journey to charge up the battery prior though and bought a Halfords power bank starter. Car started fine so...
  6. KXL

Is my car a facelift or pre facelift

Arona and the current Ibiza both had small 'triangular' LED DRLs up in the corner (top edge corner) for those that otherwise had halogen headlights. Both Arona and Ibiza now has a facelift, in which all versions had LED headlights. The one with projector lens is the premium one, and the basic...
  7. KXL

Cupra leon phev estate 245bhp

I don't understand one thing, front parking sensors? It is not better to just to turn on (or just hold the highbeam stalk), and once the lights almost fully diasppear from view, you are close enough? Rears I understand completely.
  8. KXL

Old tyres with car

Had Bridgestones Potenza RE050 that started cracking after 18 months (yes I park outside, but still, there isn't even that much sun in London), but still had plenty of thread left when car was collected at end of its 24month lease at 10k miles over 2 yrs.
  9. KXL

E hybrid motorway mpg

Ouch, that is pretty bad, considering a 1.0eTSI mild Hybrid equivalent car would do about 60mpg on a national speed limit run. But of course ain't got the 200bhp on the PHEV nor the 200kg plus in batteries and electric motor. Guess these PHEV are more suited to city or maybe 40-50mph zones...
  10. KXL

6J Ibiza … really bouncy on B/C roads

When I had my Ibiza (mind you on FR suspension and 215/40/R17 tyres). As I'm used to the car, I didn't feel it was bouncy / bumpy on broken road. However my dad who's used to a Mini Cooper, said that the Ibiza was very bouncy on country roads when he drove it a bit here in UK. Then after the...
  11. KXL

Tyre Pressure Confusion

Just for comparison got an A3 1.0 MHEV running 225/45/R17, weight listed as 1280kg, recommended tyre pressure for all 4 tyres on '3 passengers 1 luggage' is 36psi all around,
  12. KXL

Crazy Fuel Prices!

Filled my 1.0eTSI till the max last week of Feb. At that time it was slowly creeping up at £1.49 at Texaco near SB Westfield. Didn't use car much, done 250 miles since, tank is around half left and shows about 230 miles remain. My local tesco is £1.57 today for 95RON. Got a £5 tesco voucher...
  13. KXL

Summer tires

Had the following tyre previously: Bridgestone ER300 Ecopia, Bridgestone RE050A, Michelin Primacy 4, and currently Pirelli P7 C2. I can recommend the latter two, cannot recommend the ER300 (had it on a 2.0TDI Leon, and it had no grip, and couldn't even put power down on a 150BHP car)...
  14. KXL

White/blue styleheadlights

Assuming you are keeping the H7 styled bulbs, then you could try Philips whitevision, or Osram Cool blue intense (thought most say it's not really blue). Or even one of PIAA's extreme white plus H7. However these are generally whiter (not necesarly brighter or better). For the latter, perhaps...
  15. KXL

Tyres Pressures for 1.2TSI FR 2016

I recalled that those were the normal pressures, 38/35. Fully loaded I think it was 38 for rears. However the comfort pressures were lower, perhaps by 3-4psi each. I used to put my car smack in the middle of the two pressures 36/33. 38 on FR suspension and 40 profile (I had 215/40 R17) were too...
  16. KXL

Is my car a facelift or pre facelift

Also it has the LED (small) DRLs in the headlights, so facelift...
  17. KXL

Has anyone changed there front fog/driving lights to led ?? Any issues with bulb out lights on dash??

well my previous car (Ibiza) had cornering fogs function on, as well as when I engaged reverse it would turn on along with fog lamps. I turned them off via Carrista. In anycase that car had AFS with Bi-xenon. The person mentioned it comes on only when high beams are on. Assuming Leon's don't...
  18. KXL

Total disaster, engine gone?

At least you stilll have electric power to limp to the nearest workshop / garage. It's a PHEV right?
  19. KXL

2019 Ibiza opinions bs leon

I went from a 2013 Mk3 Leon 2.0TDI to a MK5 Ibiza SC FR FL 1.0TSI both DSGs. As I do not have kids, the Ibiza worked for me, as actually I prefered the handling of the Ibiza and the chunky FR steering wheel. Differences is that the Leon was SE trim with TechPack (LED headlights, Sat Nav, DAB)...
  20. KXL

Nextbase dashcam fitting

I did also recently do this (on a current gen Audi A3), however I 'hardwired' via a different method. I got a OBD port to dashcam. The OBD thing had a option for 5 mins cut off after ignition off, or live current and will cut off if car battery falls below certain treshold. You are going to...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.