Search results

1. KXL

Service during lockdown (returning lease car)

Hi all, Anyone here returned their lease car recently? If yes, I know car needs to be serviced prior (or as per the agreement), however, is this even possible under lockdown conditions? Or did the BCA just said, it's ok when they collected it? Thanks!
  2. KXL

How long can a car 'sit' before you would need AA or battery topper to start it?

Dear All, So I would need to leave my car outside (in a secure residential carpark) for a good 2 maybe 3 months, going away for that duration. Plus it's getting cold. On a fully (ish) charged car battery, anybody has any experience on whether when I return after 3 months the battery is likely...
  3. KXL

What would you do in this parking situation (long read, not car related 'sorry')

So I rent my parking spot from the ‘said’ landlord, it’s a decent parking space, one side is free of any other cars with space to open my door fully, while the other side, well it has a car. So I always try my best to park so that my car as close as possible to the empty side, eg…my wheels are...
  4. KXL

Momentum 99 disappearing or just my Tesco?

Has anyone noticed that their local tesco petrol station no longer stocks Momentum 99? Mine disappeared (along with the sign of MOMENTUM 99 in green where they would display the prices). Wondering if anyone has seen the same, or it was just my local one. I'll be heading towards a different tesco...
  5. KXL

Cracked windscreen

HI all, Just wondering if anyone has any advice / experience on cracked windscreen. Crack is about 20 cm, outer layer only. From your experience (if any) are these usually repairable or full windscreen replacement? I am aware these don't affect NCB, and excess is £10 - £75 depending if...
  6. KXL

3 months additional insurance thoughts?

Dear all, So my lease company has given me 3 additional months 'free' to keep the car till at the end of the 2 years, my question to you all is, any advice on what I should do insurance wise? Perhaps some of you who also lease might be offered this, or you can ask if they would (I know for a...
  7. KXL

Good price for PS4S?

Hi all, Actually was looking for 205/55 R16 tyres, but saw this on blackcircles! For those Cupra owners...might be an awesome price! Sorry, I don't know what a 'good price is' but if I recall correctly, this is a good price, even if to mail order and save for later...
  8. KXL

PCN on leased cars

Hi all, Just a query, for those who lease their cars and if you did get a PCN (mine should be a left turn where you are not allowed to do so), how did you get these? Did the lease company notify you, did you have to chase them? And did they notify you relatively quickly, as such you could pay...
  9. KXL

BCA inspection what? So detailed?

So I had my Seat Ibiza 1.0 EcoTSI inspected today, man is it just me or have they become so much more detailed? Last time I did this, they could only inspect it within a 1 or 2 meter radius, minor dings, and stone chips, ok, wear and tear. This time, the person used mirror like things, a...
  10. KXL

Had my first service Ibiza 1.0 EcoTSI DSG

Well, some things I've learnt today. The oil that goes in, is made by Texaco (I always thought they were using Castrol), according to the person doing the service. Car was on long life schedule, they have put it to normal 10k/1yr service schedule @ £189. Maybe brings in more £, as 2 year long...
  11. KXL

End of lease servicing

Hello Everybody, Just wanted people's thoughts, I've got a Seat that is due back to the lease company in Dec, and I would need to service it before returning it as per the contract. At present it's on LL service, and a LL service at a Seat dealer (as per the lease contract, it must be done...
  12. KXL

2 of 6 washer nozzles blocked, what to do/use to unblock?

Hi All, So recently I pulled the washer stalk, and instead of 6 lines of water splashing on the windscreen, the 3 on the passenger side works fine, but only 1 of the 3 on the drivers side work. How does one unblock / re-aim them? with a screw driver or just a paperclip / safety pin? Last time I...
  13. KXL

Seat Sound System on Ibiza SC

Was bored yesterday and whilst shining the flashlight into the speaker grills, I noticed that whilst the front doors have a mid-range woofer, and the A pillars has a tweeter each, the rears, I thought were just a single mid-range woofer like the front doors, looks like a 2 way speaker, but I'm...
  14. KXL

Scratch fixing companies

Hi All, So finally I managed to hit something whilst reversing into an 'unknown' parking space (as in..the parking space has high wooden sides...and it was raining heavilly, and I have no parking sensors...and the 'clunk' happened. So now my rear left back wheel arch bumper area has a 3-4...
  15. KXL

Insurance companies (do you recommend yours?)

Hi fellow SEAT owners, So it's that time of the year again for me to find new car insurance after exhausting my 1st year complimentary insurance from SEAT (thank you!). Out of curiosity, who are you guys with insurance wise, and would you recommend them. I know each person's location, age...
  16. KXL

Esso Supreme 97 experience

Hi all, as the title suggests, anyone tried this before on their TSI (1.0/1.2/1.4/1.8/2.0)? Reason I ask is that, I've got a 1.0 TSI DSG. I guess its a 3 cyl engine 'quirk' from base revs till about 1.7k rpm it tends to 'stutter' a bit. Usually I fuel up with BP/Esso/Shell 95. I have also...
  17. KXL

Ibiza FR 17inch Tagus pressure retention

Hi All, Out of curiosity, how often do you guys need to 'add air' on your Ibiza FR tyres with 16/17inch rims? I have a Ibiza FR with 17 inch Tagus Black rims. Arrived in Dec 2016 with very high pressures, 39/35. Lowered it to ~36/37fronts & ~33/34rears or thereabouts a week after. I do...
  18. KXL

1.0 EcoTSI DSG MPG

So I decided to see how much MPG I could sqeeze out of my 1.0 EcoTSI (yes sad I know). Usually I fill her up with some Shell/Esso/BP 95 RON, and just for curiosity sake, I decided to top up with a full tank of Shell VPower 99 RON, and do a comparison. The journey in question, is a 18 mile round...
  19. KXL

MK3 Led Headlights vs Mk3 facelift LED Headlights

Hi all, As the thread says, for those who had the pleasure of having the original MK3 with LED headlights, and have upgraded (lucky ppl!) to the facelifted Mk3 Leon with LED headlights. Do you guys notice if on the facelift they are any brighter/better etc compared to original MK3 LED...
  20. KXL

Autozoom function on Sat Nav

Dear Fellow Seat Built in Sat Nav owners, In my previous Leon with the old 5.8" Sat Nav, in the menu there was an autozoom function for the maps, eg...in city, it would zoom in, highways, zoom out...pretty neat. I can't seem to find this on the new 6.5" Full Link version of the Sat...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members