Search results

1. UK SEAT Leon CUPRA R ST will have 350, not 370 BHP due to WLTP regulations

I have to agree, you'd need a stopwatch to tell the difference! Q?When does the R go on sale in the UK & have any prices been announced yet?
  2. Manual gearbox Cupra, no more, where do I look next?

Umm, who uses vRS's for work? Politie, NHS......? The v6 Superb is nice, but I prefer my tweaked 2.0 TSi, a bit lighter & better economy, but no 4WD. The Leon ST 300 does have 4WD though, as can the Octavia Estate with the 190 ps 2.0 TSi. Still not sure what to buy next though...........
  3. Manual gearbox Cupra, no more, where do I look next?

I, (actually both of us), are even older oldies, & are quite happy with our DSG Golf R's. I'm now looking to replace my ancient Superb with a narrowish car, such as a Cupra ST which appears to be fitted with a 7-speed DSG. We can still drive manuals, but we no longer enjoy them, we were...
  4. Ateca vs. Stelvio

So, buy a Golf R Estate instead, the boot is bigger than the Ateca & it handles too............ (SWMBO owns one & it's quite useful, fun to drive & a bit of a sleeper.). I managed a test-drive in a Cupra Ateca recently, well equipped, nippy & comfortable. A reasonably priced sports SUV...
  5. Cupra DSG or Manual

Because it's illegal? Back in the day, when the auto-only licence hadn't been introduced, we all learned to drive manuals. Even worse, most of us were self-taught on bikes & scooters, before we were old enough to learn to drive cars......... So, yes I can still drive a manual, but after...
  6. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

So I thought by I've seen something from Seat that stated that it was the new7-speed. If (!) I can find the reference I'll get back to you.
  7. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

Maybe the new 7-speed DSG is also helpful? DC
  8. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

It's not the ultimate performance that's so importance to us, more that the AWD is going to be better on the road in UK weather conditions. The '17 AWD Cupra ST & the '16 Golf R Estate are comparable, (same power output) in performance, but will feel different to live with. The Seat will be...
  9. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

The increased power output is probably down to mapping, as for looks, the less obvious the better, at least for us! DC
  10. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

I think that the ST price will start around £34K, but the desirable options might add a bit to the price! I like the Emocion Red but is it a "good colour" to have come trade-in time? DC
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.