Search results

1. E17OTL

compatible VAG exhaust systems for 2l Fsi altea

Thanks, that's really helpful info around finding the codes. I guess I can look up what they all mean online. I'm happy with tinkering with the car but appreciate getting under it to change an exhaust will be a ball ache. I may well heed your advice [emoji51] Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using...
  2. E17OTL

Engine code? Good question. I don't actually know how to find it. It's a 2.0'fsi. The system looks worse than expected.for its age.and.if I can acquire a cheap full.system for the price of a new centre section.then it'll be a darn.sight easier to fit. And yes, I'm doing the work myself. Sent...
  3. E17OTL

Hi, My centre silencer has had it and I've managed to hole the pipe so it's time to replace the whole exhaust I think before the next MOT. Can anyone tell me what exhausts will bolt straight on from the other VAG range. I assume the 8P a3 fsi will, as will the leon. But will a 1.6l...
  4. E17OTL

pictures of your altea

Thanks. I've only seen the S3 wheels in 18" so when 19" came up I gambled and bought them. I love the design and think I'll be keeping these for any future VAG car I buy. They really emphasise the flared arches of the Altea which I'd never really acknowledged before now. Sent from my HUAWEI...
  5. E17OTL

Spring has sprung.....

Replacing the rear spring is one bolt! You need stands, a trolley jack or bottle jack (to raise the bottom arm back up to the hub), 18mm socket and open spanner and lots of penetrating spray. It's a doddle of a job and doing it yourself will save you a few quid too. Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31...
  6. E17OTL

pictures of your altea

Well I've finally completed my suspension replacement with all new front end geometry components, fr brake upgrade and Eibach sportlines. I had high hopes for this kit, which I ended settling for the Golf Plus kit. It didn't disappoint. Neither do the BBS XA S3 19" rims. The ride is surprisingly...
  7. E17OTL

Split PCV membrane

Hi I've steam leaking by the PCV (positive crank ventilation) valve which is located right next to coil pack 4. This is resulting in condensation on the coil pack and it's getting by and causing a misfire. I need to replace this asap. Does anyone know if I can just replace it or do I...
  8. E17OTL

Where to find jack up points?

Check on the grey side skirt. There is usually a small inverted triangle indicating the jacking point on the sill. Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
  9. E17OTL

Recently Fitted Eibach Lowering Springs

If you can get in behind the wheel it's worth giving the plug a good push to ensure it' clipped back in properly, but better still whip the wheels off and if you have some electrical contact cleaner give it a squirt and let it dry before clipping it back together.
  10. E17OTL

Recently Fitted Eibach Lowering Springs

You have sensors on your hubs measuring wheel rotation. You may have an intermittent fault caused by vibration that is making the car think you have wheel slip and cutting the power. Does it happen if you turn esp off. Have you checked for any fault codes? Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
  11. E17OTL

Leon lowering springs fit altea...?

I've just bought Eibach sportlines from Germany for the Golf Plus. Their springs vary based on axle weight and the Golf Plus was the closest match to the Altea. I've just got to find a day off now to fit them.
  12. E17OTL

Seat altea rear diffuser

At the moment the car is looking a shade of filthy salty road grey so I'll post one when it's had a good clean! I also need to contribute a bit more to the forum and get my posts up. Squint at my avatar and you might just make it out.
  13. E17OTL

Seat altea rear diffuser

I had my standard one removed and the upswept centre section painted gloss black whilst the rest is colour coded to the body. It's finished with a red pin stripe to break up the two colours as mine is metallic black (c9z). It looks substantially different to plastic grey.
  14. E17OTL

Mysterious water

I've had this happen to me and it drove me up the wall. It was my Thule roof bars that were the cause. They crush the door seal and let water by. It's only by chance that the bottle holder at the side of the seat catches the leak otherwise we'd all have very soggy rotten carpets! I liked...
  15. E17OTL

Eibach suspension

Hi, This is my first post having been sitting in the shadows for a couple of years now. I've owned various modified Golfs but I need some help with what Eibach suspension to buy for my 2005 2.0 FSI Altea. I want the sportline springs but can not find anything but the pro kit. I figured...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.