Search results

1. Tdi 1.9 stage 2?

My pd150 has a remap and i commute an hour each way for work. Easily get 500 miles from a tank of dino juice and thats not bring particularly careful with the right foot. It was mapped at around 110k, the map killed off the standard clutch but i replaced it with a new standard one and its...
  2. Bogging down pd150

Hi all. Ive been having an issue with my mk1 leon. It has the pd150 engine. When i put my foot down, it holds back for a couple of seconds then takes off. Then when i change into the next gear it bogs down and takes off again. If i ease my foot down it picks up well with power right...
  3. where can I get a glow plug harness?

i had my soldering iron out yesterday. Pulled the connector rail off the glow plugs (mines broken on cylinder 3), cleaned up the connectors and applied a blob of solder on 1 and 3 and the light has stayed out. I scanned it for codes earlier after a couple of hundred miles and so far so good...
  4. PD150 Rough starter

I havent but i have found what looks to be the cause. the loom itself is fine but the clips that go on the top of the spark plugs were corroded. ive cleaned them up and the EML hasnt come on since
  5. best modified car insurance providers?

best thing i can suggest is shop around and tell the insurer what your best quote is. Insurance companies try it every time you renew, my renewal was double last year and thats with 10 years NCD.
  6. PD150 Rough starter

Any idea where the point of failure is usually? The reason i ask is because i can make a new loom no problem using new connectors ect
  7. pd150 operating temperature

i am aware that the weather will play a big part in how long it takes to warm up but my commute is 40 miles so it shouldnt take that long even with the heater on IMO. I have removed the EGR and cooler so thats likely to be a factor too. One thing i have noticed is that when the temperature...
  8. pd150 operating temperature

Ive been having some trouble with my car taking a while to get up to temperature recently. A few months ago i noticed my temperature was dropping a little at NSL so i replaced the thermostat. last night my EML came on (unrelated, glow plug loom fault) while i had my code reader out i had a...
  9. Dash lights like Xmas display....

dodgy earths can cause allsorts bud. check battery voltage too because that can cause loads of systems to report faults
  10. PD150 Rough starter

Thank you :) Eventually il get around to yanking out the inlet manifold and cleaning it too its just motivation
  11. PD150 Rough starter

Evening all. I've had my leon mk1 for a year now, done 20k miles in it and it always starts within a few cranks. Theres just a couple of bits that are niggling a bit. As i say, it starts first time, but most of the time its rough for a few seconds like its running on 3 and smokey until...
  12. Wheels not rotating freely - HELP

what did you do to check the bearings? the reason i ask is because failing bearings dont always move side to side or up and down. it takes a surprisingly little amount of wear to make them rumble.
  13. Wheels not rotating freely - HELP

How have you checked the wheel bearings to see that theyre fine? From here id be disconnecting the drivehafts from the wheels along with the brake caliper. if it still doesnt turn there isnt much else it can be other than the bearing. Was the car stood a long time?
  14. How Long Have People pushed the boundaries of oil changes?

I do my oil every 10k using pd spec oil. Id rather spend £30 every 10k than have to change engines/turbos/cams tbh.
  15. Problems with mk1 leon

I mean this in the best possible way, but if you havent got your license yet you need to learn to drive properly before you start modding the car. Your lessons will teach you how to pass your test but the real learning starts when you get out on your own.
  16. Cupra TDI Sump

IMO youre best off going for a second hand replacement. to tap it properly youre looking at having to remove the sump anyway otherwise youll end up with small amounts of swarf inside which will at best eventually get into your oil pump. the cheap ebay ones may well be ok, but a second hand...
  17. Weak acceleration on cold start up.

Sounds like you might have air getting into the fuel. Does it do it if the car has been sat for a few hours or just overnight? Mine had a seep from one fuel pipe, if i left it overnight it would cough a little on start up and be a bit sluggish on acceleration for the first few seconds then it...
  18. mk1 leon pd105 vs 110 non pd

Even a pd130 with a remap will get close ish to 180bhp and be much more reliable than taking a 110 up to 180
  19. Fuel prices??

any pump diesel really. Usually BP because weve got one a mile from my house, usually £1.25/L I don't bother with premium diesel really. last time i used it, i got probably 1 mpg difference over the whole tank so wasnt worth it. didnt feel any different to drive either
  20. sticky turbo vanes carbon deposit cleaning

it does help if you exercise the vnt control arm while its full of cleaner. I could feel it getting easier after the first half hour, left it all in there for about 3h overall, working the mechanism every once in a while and topping it up each time. The first time i started it up, it was smokey...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.