Search results

1. Bogging down pd150

Hi all. Ive been having an issue with my mk1 leon. It has the pd150 engine. When i put my foot down, it holds back for a couple of seconds then takes off. Then when i change into the next gear it bogs down and takes off again. If i ease my foot down it picks up well with power right...
  2. pd150 operating temperature

Ive been having some trouble with my car taking a while to get up to temperature recently. A few months ago i noticed my temperature was dropping a little at NSL so i replaced the thermostat. last night my EML came on (unrelated, glow plug loom fault) while i had my code reader out i had a...
  3. PD150 Rough starter

Evening all. I've had my leon mk1 for a year now, done 20k miles in it and it always starts within a few cranks. Theres just a couple of bits that are niggling a bit. As i say, it starts first time, but most of the time its rough for a few seconds like its running on 3 and smokey until...
  4. PD150 Poor MPG

Hi all. Recently ive noticed my Leon is getting worse MPG than before. Ive got a code reader with live data, and although the temp gauge is rock steady at 90, the reported temperature is just below 80 after an hour drive. My initial thoughts are to just replace the thermostat but i...
  5. Oil pressure light. Normal?

Hi all. Found something today which made me a little suspicious. My oil pressure light goes out before i turn the key to start the car. Most cars ive had before keep the light on until you turn the key to start it, mine goes out if i leave it a few seconds. I have to ask as it wouldnt...
  6. Another boost leak

Hi all. Im pretty sure my fr 150 has a boost leak. It hisses when accelerating up to around 2k, stops then the hissing comes back at around 3.5k rpm when using high throttle. Im confident it isnt just normal turbo whistle, it sounds like air escaping. Ive replaced the egr to intercooler...
  7. Remove and clean ARL inlet manifold

Hi guys. I got rid of my egr valve a little while ago and noticed that it was about 30 to 40% blocked. It has been remapped but feels quite lethargic up above 3k rpm. Im thinking its because i need to clean the inlet manifold out of all the egr crap, but im open to any advice. Thanks.
  8. Drying out wet carpets

Hi all, My Leon had the leaking door seals issue. Ive fixed the leaks and im confident it isnt taking on water anymore, because as time passes they are drying out. I cannot get an extension lead out to the car to put a heater or dehumidifier in there because its too far from the house...
  9. New clutch slipping after remap

Hi all. I had my leon fr 150 remapped. I was expecting it to slip tbh as the car has 112k miles on it so it came as no surprise really. Had the clutch, pressure plate and flywheel replaced with OEM sachs along with a new slave cylinder while it was all off. The new clutch slips. At anything...
  10. Ac pulley or alternator clutch pulley

Hi all. Ive got a mk1 tdi fr which has had a maze of issues. Mostly sorted. Ive got a hell of a deep rattle near idle seems like its coming from the LHS of the engine. The tensioner is bouncing like crazy so ive ordered an alternator pulley. The reason i thought it was the alternator...
  11. Drying out the carpets

Over the weekend i got around to replacing my inner door seals. The carpet is soaking wet under the surface. Is it just a case of driving everywhere with the heat at full blast or are there any decent ways to get rid of the water? Thanks in advance.
  12. Cold starting characteristics leon 150 pd

Hey all. Ive had my car a couple of weeks now and just getting round to the niggly bits. Im still getting used to it really. Having never owned a pd engined car before this im unsure as to what they are meant to be like cold starting. Mine starts first time every time, even if i start...
  13. Smoke :( FR diesel

Hi all. So ive had my car literally 2 weeks now and just as i thought id ironed out the niggles it chucks another one at me. It smokes. Its dark now so i cant tell if its light grey or white. All i know is it smells acrid and nasty. Doesnt smell sweet at all. I had just driven home around a...
  14. Interior door mirror trim

Hi all. I managed to snap the retaining pin on my interior door mirror trim panel. Any ideas where i can buy a replacement? Local dealer said they cant get one. Thanks in advance
  15. All filters and oil service PD150

Hi all, Had my fr a couple of weeks now, nearly 600 miles down. I normally service my cars as soon as i get them for piece of mind that its been done. So ive got oil, an oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter. When bleeding the fuel lines is it just a case of cycling...
  16. Locking wheel nut detroyed

Hi all. So yesterday i ended up with a puncture. Got to a tyre place and they have well and truely destroyed the inside of the locking wheel nut. So now its completely flat as the sidewall has gone and i cant get the wheel off to change it. I have tried hammering a socket around the...
  17. Leon MK1 FR 150 boost pipe alternatives

Hi all. So inevitably, one of my boost hoses failed. Its the plactic pipe which runs up the front of the engine to the left hand side. It took out the plastic which holds the sprung clip, so it doesnt hold anymore. What i ended up doing as a temporary is drilling the 2 pipes, through the...
  18. 1.9 tdi FR no power

Hi all. So i have had my leon fr 150 mk1 half a day and already ran into an issue with it. I was on a dual carriageway sliproad accelerating and heard a bit of a bang. Immediately the exhaust sounded like its blowing and the car has very little power. it sounds like its blowing from under the...
  19. So i took a punt on an fr

Hi all ive just got my new purchase home. Its an 05 plate Leon FR . Drive perfectly the 60 miles home :) one hell of an upgrade from my mg zr. Managed to get a good deal after reading up on here. The rear door seal has a leak but after seeing a guide on here i know what i am doing the next...
  20. FR 150 diesel service history...Or lack of it

Hi all. I've recently started looking for another car and a Leon FR is at the top of the list. I found a decent looking one for a pretty good price, the only issue is it has no service history. Its on 109k miles, bodywork and interior are immaculate. Money wise, its in the mid range of...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.