Search results

1. Awesome Cupra... but...

Sad to report I have finally let the Cupra go. It was a fine car, and I looked after it well, and apart from one water-pump issue (which was really the garage's fault) it never let me down. Practical and fun in one grin-making package, but the ride was too harsh for my wife and, honestly, the...
  2. Cupra wheel hop, sorted...

So glad I found this thread. My 290 has been a joy. But time passes and tyres wear out so new Pirelli's all round (local company were doing a deal) Boing boing thump bang WTF????? The explanations about what is going on have been so useful so thank you all.
  3. Keep or sell? Cupra 290

Good luck. You put me in a bit of a spot because I don't want to sell but I am getting more and more grief from the wife. PM me if you want to make a private offer for mine. North Somerset region. Can't believe you went for a Volvo - no wonder you have regrets! Ha ha.
  4. Keep or sell? Cupra 290

Thanks for your opinions. I think I agree with you guys - there is nothing particularly special about a stock 290 that has that "classic" feel (though I do regret parting with my Peugeot 205 GTI all those years ago) @KoenG - I get what you say about car Satnav's, and the ride. Trouble is that...
  5. Keep or sell? Cupra 290

I've had my 2016 Cupra 290 Black for 6 years now. It has done me proud (well, apart from the water pump) and been a lot of fun. Hugely practical and driveable; insane if you want to plaster a big smile on your face. But are there problems on the horizon? Maybe it's time for something else? My...
  6. Awesome Cupra... but...

Hi Pete I drive a Leon Cupra 290 Black. Thanks for the points regarding acc. I only really ever use cruise control on a motorway. Here in England it is pretty useful for roadworks with average speed cameras. I don't know if you have this in Finland but here it is a nightmare. I can certainly see...
  7. Awesome Cupra... but...

Hello fellow Cupra enthusiasts and welcome to 2018. I must admit I don't like this time of year - the roads are slithery, the sun is ridiculously low and you can't see for all the **** on the windscreen. Nevertheless, a year on and I still love getting in this car. Servicing was by Holders of...
  8. Awesome Cupra... but...

I have had the Cupra for over six months and several thousand miles now. I'm delighted to say I still enjoy climbing into it in the morning. In the Summer with the windows down a hill climb at full throttle just makes me laugh, and a straight and empty level road will still give you that OMFG...
  9. Jumping over from the VW ship

That's pretty. Personally I preferred the Mk 5 body to any other (previous or subsequent)
  10. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

Ah. I'll bet money it's the 4WD with DSG transmission. And that'll be... the most expensive:D
  11. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

Less than 5 secs? That is not down to added road power but added computer power surely.
  12. Jumping over from the VW ship

I too had a long relationship with VW. Yes build quality is very good, interior quality is good and reliability excellent. Depreciation is also less than most other manufacturers. I thought about the new GTD but you're right - a bit dull, and I have had it with diesels - they are noisy, smell...
  13. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

If we were all sensible we would be driving Nissan Micra's or something. With the top range SEAT's you get a lot of bang for your buck, but depreciation is always going to be a bummer. Still, who cares eh? If it puts a smile in your face, it's worth the price.
  14. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

6K for two and a half years depreciation is a bargain. Either that or you paid way too much for your 280.
  15. Seat Leon Hatchback 2.0 TSI Cupra Black 290 5dr

Sounds like a great deal. Glad you are enjoying it. White is a very good colour for the Leon Cupra. I found Sports setting a bit irrelevant except that with the DSG you can access fast mode well, quickly. Did ya get the big cupra seats as well?
  16. Greetings from an old newbie

There may be a reason why there are only 6 left on the road:p It may be hard to part with, but when you come back from your family car excursion there should still be some nice modern motors to choose from. I just love the idea that with mine you can just press a button to choose between...
  17. Awesome Cupra... but...

Heh heh heh. Who needs hot water botlles now that I have heated seats!:D
  18. Greetings from an old newbie

You have my sympathies. I know exactly what you mean because I went through the same thing with a Peugeot 205GTi. But you will find that priorities change, and even your driving style will change because now you are responsible for several lives, one of them small and very precious. If I could...
  19. SEAT Leon CUPRA 300 - UK details

Ummmm... sorry but perhaps it is just me. Isn't the 300 ST just a bit... ugly? It looks like they superglued a bit to the rear end and didn't really bother to match it up that well. The 3 and 5 door versions look fine (though I struggle to spot the difference that comes from the facelift) but...
  20. Door contact error message

Nope. Just came back again. Bum. :shrug:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise