Search results

1. ignition on power supply ?

My dashcam is powered from a 12v/USB convertor connected to the back of the 12V socket. Easy and clean install, the 12V as standard just works with the ignition on. The convertor was from eBay...
  2. Dash Cam

Love my E-PRANCE 0805. First unit faulty, DOA, quickly replaced. Working for the past 3 years, no problems. Great quality day/night. Problem is: the new models are crap. Bought the Motorola for the missus car, quality nowhere as good as mine, but it's a solid/cheap camera.
  3. Input Appreciated: 1.8TFSI 180 FR Power

PS. I was using a DTUK box, but even without the box, the symptoms were as described, the only difference was that then I could have that at more speed. The lag was shorter, but present. The best way to cure it was using a pedal box. Acceleration was similar to a manual car.
  4. Input Appreciated: 1.8TFSI 180 FR Power

Mine, same engine, DSG, same thing. If you push a bit more, don't need to be "pedal to the metal", get the ESC light at 40mph dry. Stock Potenza, which a hate with a passion. The worst is if you go full throttle, with the DSG, you'll be, in fact, going slower, as the car seems to have a delay...
  5. Cupra 290 to Hyundai i30 N. Mad?

Had the chance to see one, but didn't drive it. Just being pick, didn't like the way the door handles are (too thin). The rest of the car, outside, looks nice. Inside, not a let down, but considering the price, would like a bit more bling. Just to note, the same experience, looking, but didn't...
  6. Boot illumination

Replacing every single standard bulb by OSRAM LED, cost me less than 60 quid. Sure there's cheaper option, but paying 100 for it, for sure won't be similar to the OSRAM and it's 5 years warranty.
  7. Water leaking boot

Thanks. I was going through all the seal and no cracks or any other visible fault. I believe that my issue may be the same as you've mentioned.
  8. 1.8TSI DSG lag

I'll try using a more conservative setting and see how things go. To be fair, every car is different, and despite mine being petrol, the better map from the DTUK box for my car is 3 +2 and 3+3. Using maps 1 or 2, +1, was getting the weird juddering when setting off and the same maps using +2 or...
  9. Water leaking boot

Thanks for the response. Mine didn't have any problem with rear lights, or at least none since I've bought he car. I was, in fact, surprised by the design of the rear lights, which allow water to run behind them. Never had any car with similar design. The dealer quoted 43 quid for the seal...
  10. Water leaking boot

Hello all. There's a last issue that I'm unable to solve in my Leon SC. After few rainy days, just noticed some water in the boot. All started few months ago, when the problem was quite bad, but now seems to be much better, but still not perfect. My first action was to remove the rear...
  11. 1.8TSI DSG lag

After some reading other posts, I've decided to go for a DTUK Pedalbox. The installation was very easy, as won't take longer than 5 minutes, including the setup. At the moment, I'm using the Sport Mode, +3. After some driving around, I'm extremely satisfied with the performance. The only...
  12. Opinions on 1.8tsi engine

I'm glad with my 1.8TSI. As mentioned before, bigger brakes and better suspension was enough to persuade me choosing it over the 1.4. MPG, as many would criticize me for it, but 5-10mpg, up to 10k miles a year, isn't that much money. It's nice to save money, but in my situation, the extra fuel...
  13. 1.8 TSI oil

the one I'm using: https://www.opieoils.co.uk/pv-98491-mobil-1-esp-5w-30-fully-synthetic-engine-oil-service-pack-6-litres.aspx?vehicleid=37013&yearfilter=2014 the one I believe it's the recommended, or at least it's what the dealer was using...
  14. 1.8 TSI oil

Oil, would be 5w30 Castrol. If serviced by dealers, if following the manuals. In between services I'm using Mobil 1, as I'm running a tuning box (DTUK), so choose to change oil every 5k miles, as I'm only covering about 10k a year.
  15. Water leaking, no seals?

Nope. Just a regular sc. Panoramic sunroof usually drains. But mine, so far, no clue.
  16. Dtuk Tuning strange issues

Just had the fault I've mentioned before, but never something to throw a limp mode or keeping an error past a restart of the engine. Even after the "fault", performance isn't affected. Never had the problem with the fan. I would keep one eye on the coolant levels. You may try to run some OBD...
  17. Dtuk Tuning strange issues

Just an update, the box you are using is DTUK® FSR+ MultiChannel Petrol Tuning Box, right? because when you've mentioned TDI, that's the diesel version, which I believe has only two connectors. In our case, 3 connectors, one under the engine, next to the radiator, and two on the top.
  18. Dtuk Tuning strange issues

I'm using the same box in the same engine, DSG. The best balance was 3 +2. If tried 1 +2 or 2+2 or 3 +3, would get an error with the cruise control/stop start, which disappear once restarting the car. Are you using any high performance panel filter?
  19. Water leaking, no seals?

Same problem, again. After removing the rear bumper, sealing around the trunk vents (or flaps, don't know how to call them, sorry), and giving the rubber flaps a good clean, I had about 3 months problem-free. At the same time, I had removed the boot seal, gave it a good clean and carefully put...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members