Search results

1. 2017 Leon!!!

Sorry but I can't agree... I had a chance to compare the new GTI and Cupra 300 yesterday and Golf feels noticeably nicer. Leon is OK but my parent's 1st generation (facelifted) Fabia has more less the same hard-to-soft-plastic ratio ;)
  2. 2017 Leon!!!

You mean that under 29mph it will decelerate/stop and just turn the engine off? I guess that should be possible (start&stop is already there). Actually the Traffic Jam Assist was the only reason I was considering going for an auto... somehow I missed that ACC & Front assist might work better...
  3. 2017 Leon!!!

Hope ACC and Front Assist work well with manual?
  4. 2017 Leon!!!

Nice! Yeah, a touch more chrome would be great. http://www.ebay.de/itm/Chrom-Fensterleisten-Blenden-8-tlg-aus-Edelstahl-Seat-Leon-III-5-trg-/151232391605?fits=Make%3ASeat%7CModel%3ALeon&hash=item23362729b5:g:lp4AAOSwG-1Wuc7S can anybody comment on quality of those or suggest a better source?
  5. 2017 Leon!!!

@GazGT looks great! I'm collecting mine (same colour, different rims - Performance I) next weekend, can't wait! How does it look like on a sunny day? Regarding Full Link - apparently that depends on the country. It's not standard in Germany, Poland and Czech Republic :)
  6. 2017 Leon!!!

Full Link is not a standard in Facelift afaik. Btw why would anyone go for an SC? It doesn't look as nice as a normal 5dr plus it's less practical...
  7. Syphon's 2017 MK3 LEON CUPRA 300

Ok then, seems like a good investment. Thanks!
  8. Syphon's 2017 MK3 LEON CUPRA 300

I guess you have to go for either a protective layer (like Gtechniq) or a clearbra, having both is not an opition? I'm not gonna spend a lot of time cleaning the car (usually it's just a quick wash with a pressure washer), will I notice any difference? I would happily invest some of my time...
  9. Syphon's 2017 MK3 LEON CUPRA 300

Syphon - I'm wondering if I should go for the same Gtechniq treatment as you did for my ST FR that I will (hopefully) pick up next weekend. Does it work as paint protection, i.e from scratches, stone chips etc? Cheers, Maciek
  10. seat have released some software updates

It can be done but, from what I've read here, older versions might require a new USB socket. I asked a dealership about activating Full Link in a 2016 Leon and it was just a matter of entering a code.
  11. seat have released some software updates

To activate Full Link you need to go to a dealership and buy an activation code afaik.
  12. Tough choice: ST FR 1.4 ACT TSI or 1.8 TSI

I sent emails to a bunch of dealerships asking for a quote for a specific config and the best offer I received was 7% off the list price. Before deciding on buying the car in Czech Republic I checked Carwow for the best offer I could get in Germany and it was >2k euro higher. After making a...
  13. Anyone else sick of 50 shades of grey (cars)?

That's why I ordered a Boheme Purple Leon :D I'm a little bit worried as I haven't seen that colour in real life yet but it looks good on pictures and videos. My parents own a silver Fabia and it's impossible NOT to find an identical one on a parking lot.
  14. Tough choice: ST FR 1.4 ACT TSI or 1.8 TSI

The car was ordered in Czech Republic (I live in Germany) so hopefully the times won't be that long. +15 weeks because of the rims?? Hopefully they have enough of Performance I's on stock...
  15. Trip computer display - Media System + vs Navi

I don't have the car yet - I've ordered a 2017 FR with Media System Plus (8" display). It's still possible to get that in Germany, Czech Republic and Poland :)
  16. Tough choice: ST FR 1.4 ACT TSI or 1.8 TSI

Good to hear that :) Remapping = bye, bye warranty sadly... I wouldn't say it's useless - still way cheaper in both purchase price and maintenance/running costs. Cupra makes sense only if you plan on going to a racetrack a few times a year imho.
  17. Trip computer display - Media System + vs Navi

Hi, I just noticed that the Media System + doesn't come with full colour trip computer so I guess it's the standard Monochrome display. Is there any difference in functionality? I didn't take the navi as I'm planning to use Full Link and Google Maps but the monochrome display doesn't look...
  18. Tough choice: ST FR 1.4 ACT TSI or 1.8 TSI

Thank you all for the answers! I decided to go with 1.4 and already placed an order. Estimated delivery is beginning of May :) The decision was purely an economical one - over 6 years (the minimum I plan to stay with the car) the difference in purchase price and running costs adds up to around...
  19. Tough choice: ST FR 1.4 ACT TSI or 1.8 TSI

Still possible to get the 1.8 in the rest of Europe though :) Well, at least in Germany, Czech Republic and Poland. What mpg are you getting with 1.8 TSI on motorways (cruising at around 130-140kph)? Most of the people here have 1.4TSI or 184 diesel and those have really grat fuel economy...
  20. Tough choice: ST FR 1.4 ACT TSI or 1.8 TSI

Thanks for the answers guys! 1.8 it is then, still not sold on DCC though... On the other hand taking the DCC will increase the price by ~3% so I might as well give it a try. Do you know about any long term problems with this system? I plan to keep the car for at least 6-7 years. From what I...