Search results

1. Alloy refurb gone wrong

Shite isn't it
  2. Question About Dump Valves

It's such a comical sound, cracks me up whenever I hear it
  3. Alloy refurb gone wrong

I was basing the £300 on the arnold clark valuator. If I put in one wheel needed repaired or replaced it was knocking £300 off the value. Not the most scientific method I know. It's in for a service on Thursday let's see if the Seat people reckon it's now an unroadworthy wheel
  4. Alloy refurb gone wrong

To be fair the first repair was pretty good and I really couldn't notice it had been done
  5. Alloy refurb gone wrong

Here was the scuff in question
  6. Alloy refurb gone wrong

I had an alloy refurbished today as I scuffed a kerb by accident last week. It's the second time that that alloy has been refurbed. When I picked it up I thought wtf, they've ruined it. They're trying to say it's because it has been refurbed before but I said they should have called me and...
  7. Leon 184 FR vs Golf GTD

I never felt the slightest difference between normal and sport in mine, apart from the steering. You could feel it was much more sluggish in eco
  8. Leon 184 FR vs Golf GTD

They are indeed the same power
  9. Leon 184 FR vs Golf GTD

I thought when you mentioned sport mode you must have been talking about a DSG. Sport mode has zero influence on a manual apart from making the steering a little heavier. Oh and tightening up the DCC if you're one of the very few to have it on a GTD
  10. Leon 184 FR vs Golf GTD

Mine were both manuals so both felt very similar performance wise. Golf was definitely a little heavier but managed to turn into a corner so much sweeter and I found the FR crashy on bad roads and it nosedived horribly when you slammed on the brakes. The Golf did none of that
  11. Leon 184 FR vs Golf GTD

I had a 15 plate 184 FR ST and replaced it with a 67 plate GTD estate. Night and day difference to me in the ride comfort and handling of the GTD. In fact night and day everything really, except the FR was a little bit better on fuel. The facelift FR might be better, I've not driven one of those
  12. FR Hatchback Towbar Dilemma

Haha well there was no Coronavirus in the early 90's, but there was skill and no small amount of balls when it came to towing!
  13. FR Hatchback Towbar Dilemma

I would be quite happy towing up to 100% of the cars weight with most modern cars these days but yes, definitely check the forecast if you're towing something that could catch the wind. I mind my old man towing at least 3 ton of firewood with an old W reg Cortina in the early 90's without any...
  14. FR Hatchback Towbar Dilemma

I used to have a 2015 FR184 ST with a detachable towbar and it needed to have that hatch cut out. I had the cover which matched the car and I hardly noticed it when the towbar wasn't on. The electric point swivelled so you just pushed it up out of sight before fitting the cover. I was always...
  15. 69 Plate Cupra

So in my rural highlands area I unusually passed another Cupra today and it was a Grey 69 plate Lux (I assume Lux as it has a sunroof) but what grabbed me the most was that it had the Silver Seat Logo plus coloured Cupra badge on the front. I had no idea that the Copper Seat logo and black Cupra...
  16. Cupra Performance

I had a 69 plate Mini Cooper S on hire in January (booked a Focus got given that) and it would have had no chance against a Cupra
  17. Fuel Flap

Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll be making a trip to the local Seat dealer to get it fixed under warranty
  18. Fuel Flap

I noticed earlier that with the car locked I was still able to pop open the fuel flap. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be able to do that, can anyone confirm?
  19. Cupra itch...

Don't mess about it's a total no brainer, you should immediately trade in your FR for a Cupra. I used to have a 2015 manual FR184 with a tuning box, now have a 2019 DSG Cupra. I can say a standard Cupra utterly destroys a tuned FR in every way apart from fuel consumption. However the Cupras fuel...
  20. Leon Cupra 100-200 time?

Not very scientific but if you manually time this video, at the appropriate point, I make it that a stock PPF Cupra does 100 to 200 kmh in around 11.4 sec