Search results

1. Water Temp Sender Woes!!

Thanks for the pic credit :D. All you can't see in the picture there are 4 wires coming out of that sensor, was taken on my 52 plate Cupra, 1.8T AUQ for anyone that might be thinking this is a Cupra R problem only. I will have to get over to a parts place and see if I can pick a sensor up and...
  2. Water Temp Sender Woes!!

^^^ what he said! :confused: :D why they have to have sooo many sensors just for the temp! need to get to bottom of this.
  3. Water Temp Sender Woes!!

Ok just been out with the camera to have a look. the coolant bottle prongs look ok to me: And I assume this is the sensor thing? Mine already green, I found it on the passenger side just underneath the smaller plastic engine cover. Doesn't look like too much hassle but see what...
  4. Water Temp Sender Woes!!

I had a look at the prong before but despite the size of the bottle there not much of a hole. Would be interested to know whats going on. Might have a poke about with VAG-COM later see what I can find. dam thing just want it to play nice! Hope all your bits go well though mate. Will go get that...
  5. Water Temp Sender Woes!!

Feel... top info! seem to me that my problem is the bottle and that sensor thingy! :lol: the coolant beeping not something I need to worry about till the winter but I'll give that screw driver thing a go later on. Will have to see if the parts garage is open tomorrow. Cupra_UK am I right in...
  6. Water Temp Sender Woes!!

I was just about to post about what I believe to be a similar problem I'm having (just fixed the dam key fob so I expected something else to go wrong!). Don't mean to hi-jack but I just want to see if this is the solution to my prob too. During the winter months on the cold mornings when I...
  7. Remote key trouble

Update on this, the remote finally gave up on me so I had to ring the garage... rang a dealer in Cambridge they quoted £80 all in for remote and programming and vat. Rung local garage in Peterborough where I live and they wanted about £100. (key fob was the same price both times - £40). I...
  8. Remote key trouble

if i remember right it was something stupid like £55 or there abouts for the reprogramming labour. guy said it was about 45minute job! I find this hard to believe though considering car jackers can grab a remote signal from the air and be inside you car within 5mintues! Might be someone on here...
  9. Remote key trouble

Thanks for the reply! I had a poke about inside the key again and it's again working (touch wood as well!!) Bit of a pain though as you know! I hope I can get them cheaper than that! Guy at the Seat garage said it takes about 40mins and has to have a technician present to program it or...
  10. Remote key trouble

I have been having some problems with the remote locking/unlocking of my 52 Leon Cupra. The battery run out on the key fob (right before I had to go for a meeting as well - typical!) and now I can't seem to get it working consistently. I have replaced the battery and made sure all the...
  11. rear doors holding water

Have noticed this for a while that the rear doors of my 52plate cupra release water when I open them, no water gets in the car it all just sits trapped between the inner door seal and the side skirt. I read ages ago about a "fix" of some sort for this problem on the rear doors, anyone have...
  12. Paint for silver cupra

its 52 plate, is there anywhere else you suggest? it's only a little part
  13. Paint for silver cupra

Had a chip on one of the front bumper bolt covers and finally thought I'd take it off and sort it out so I wanted to ask what silver it is so when I pop to halfords on lunch tomorrow I pick up the right one. even though it ses in my HPI report that the cars colour is grey its definatly...
  14. Just fitted a new centre dash section in my 1.4

looks pretty shiny!!!
  15. Drivers side rattle/vibration

This has been going on for a while now and I'm going to try explain best I can. Ok what happens is at high revs on bumpy roads, when I am over 4k rpm the engine noise is slightly louder than it should it and sounds a little 'rough' but the engine is fine, there is also when going over these...
  16. Removing front anti-roll bar

well i changed the dog bone mount bushing but that didn't sort it, as for the other two top mounts its possible I guess. exhaust seems fine. the noise happens now just as you go over bumps which made me think steering or anti-roll bar as when wheel goes up into arch over bump they are to bits...
  17. Removing front anti-roll bar

i checked all engine mounts are torqued up correctly as it happened couple of weeks after my cambelt change. havent tried what you said though
  18. Removing front anti-roll bar

Hi everyone, i'm still suffering from a long standing issue with vibration at high revs that only started happening a month or two ago, would have taken it in by now but it have come and gone a couple of times and everytime I threaten to take it to the garage b the next morning it is cleared up...
  19. atp eliminator

how mauch are they from star as I know a few people that go over to the states often enough...
  20. REVO free Trial.. What sh*t!!

I had my doubts about the revo trial. from my point of view I done see how the coding can remove itself fully from the ecu, sure it can disable itself somewhat but it I'm sure it couldn't delete it self without taking something with it. and more sinister....revo want you to buy there software...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.