Search results

1. scarface

Leaving the Leon MK1 Family

After 7 years of faithful ownership I have sold my Leon MK1! Was gutted to it go but the mileage was creeping up and needed to sell whilst it still had some value left in it. Thanks to everyone on the forum for helping out with your technical expertise! Im leaving SeatCuper.Net but...
  2. scarface

Orange Low Oil Light - Faulty Sensor Part Number

My low oil light (orange) beeped and stayed on yesterday whilst driving. Pulled over to petrol station and topped up with 1litre of oil which normally stops the light coming on, but it still beeped and stayed on. Checked oil this morning and dip stick showing in the middle so looks fine but oil...
  3. scarface

Steering Wheel Refurbishing

nothing at all, run last over it and feels fine, no colour comes off. I applied the shoe polish on and left overnight to dry.
  4. scarface

Happy to report show polish using the link below works wonders! And only £1 from poundland!
  5. scarface

Thanks for that will try it out!
  6. scarface

The steering wheel on my LCR is looking a bit tired and scuffed with redness coming through on one side and the bottom as well as the gear sticks. Any know what you can but to bring it back to black? Was hoping for like a touch up pen or buffer to restore it. Thanks in advance
  7. scarface

Side Skirt (Jacking Point Cover) Spray?

I think it was £11 for the cover plus about £3 for the attaching clip thing.
  8. scarface

Side Skirt (Jacking Point Cover) Spray?

Ok so ive lost my front drivers jacking point cover and have one on order at Seat. They've told me it comes in a standard colour and I need to spray it red. What should I use to spray it? Was thinking hammerite red that I used on my calipers but not sure that's the right one? Any ideas...
  9. scarface

Rear Drivers Caliper Help

Been having a creaking noise coming from rear passenger side last few weeks, thought it was the bushes but turns out the rear drivers side caliper is knackered. Any ideas how much they are and where best to get one from. Garage i got MOT done from reckons he can get a red one for £87 +...
  10. scarface

The only leaky Leon guide you will need

ok I shud know this one but how do I get rid of the mist inside?
  11. scarface

Anyone know anything about this LCR for sale?

Very strange that there are not more red LCRs for sale considering its by far the best colour! Makes me think selling mine will be easier (55plate 87k mileage)
  12. scarface

HELP Petrol leak

Turns out mine was a faulty petrol filter. Fitted for £20
  13. scarface

HELP Petrol leak

Ive got the exact same problem, petrol leaking from the pipe you mentioned, dropped car to garage this morning, await feedback on what it could be, did notice a petrol smell in car too. What was wrong with yours?
  14. scarface

Sticking indicator sound

Did it solve the issue as mine has started clicking randomly too!
  15. scarface

How Much?

I always go by autotrader prices and piston heads and do inbetween that price range
  16. scarface

Rear Passenger Door Lock Mechanism

no idea, he said something about the roller on the window. who knows! he just said it was messy.
  17. scarface

Well according to him it was a big job, something to do with the window, hence other posters talking about smashing theirs! Im no good at the manual stuff.
  18. scarface

Well i finally got the rear lock mechanism fitted. Cost me £35 for replica part from ebay and got my usual garage to fit, charged me £100 to fit, but that included labour for a full service too. Not bad and working fine. Although he did say it took all afternoon and was a big pain in the...
  19. scarface

Door locked and no access!!

Same problem as you, initially the passenger rear door wouldn't open from the inside and could randomly be opened when the car was locked from the outside?! Today the drivers passenger door doesn't open when car is unlocked, and can not hear the lock opening when double pressing the key as...
  20. scarface

For the last few months the rear passenger door intermittently would not open from the inside, as if the child lock was on when it wasnt. More recently ive noticed that after I lock the car and alarm it, you can still on this door from the outside and the alarm sounds. Taken to a garage...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.