Search results

1. Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI potential

Yes it is, the same with the IS38 turbo. Obviously a high flow/decat, uprated intercooler is needed to take full advantage. The OEM clutch only lasted a few thousand miles after I went stage 1 so I fitted a Helix organic .
  2. 2016 Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI

The car was clean for a day.
  3. Coming back to VAG

Welcome back to Seat.
  4. Seat Ibiza (reliabilityindex) rating

The updated Mk5 used the EA888 1.8 tsi which is much more reliable than the older 1.4 twincharged unit.
  5. Bye bye VRS hello Ibiza Cupra

Looking good, these are fun little cars. I previously had a 2015 Octavia vRS tdi and that was a really good chassis but wished I'd got the petrol version, much happier now with a 2016 Ibiza Cupra. James
  6. 2016 Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI

Had the car mapped last week using APR software. I can confirm the EA888 gen 3 engine puts out a lot more power than 192, I've heard quite a few people say they make around 210 standard, with just a Pipercross panel filter and on V Power it made 212. With the new software it's running 247bhp and...
  7. Future Cupra

Love the colour.
  8. New ibiza cupra owner :)

Welcome. I didn't know you could get wing mirrors with side repeaters for the 2016 Ibiza Cupra?
  9. Cupra

Welcome, wouldn't mind seeing some pics of the Nissan. I used to own a 2006 350z GT, loved that car.
  10. Cupra1.8

I have a 2016 Cupra Black that has full link as standard. The low down power is pretty good and pulls hard from under 2k revs, it does tail off above 6k like most turbo engines but low revs to around 5.5k its very strong. James
  11. Leon Cupra newbie....

Did you get Michelin PS4's in the end? I have them on my 2016 Ibiza Cupra and would definitely recommend them. James
  12. Hi im new

Welcome, lovely colour Mk2.
  13. Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI potential

I've not heard of any turbo failures with the EA888 gen 3 engine. It's also used in the Leon FR, Audi A1, Polo gti etc. As far as I know the IS12 turbo is good upto 270bhp, any more and you are looking at the IS20 from the Golf GTI which is good up to 335bhp and after that the IS38 from the...
  14. Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI potential

You can if you like. I think I'll join the Polo owners forum as well as it uses the same engine and sold in greater numbers so will have more members.
  15. Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI potential

Sounds like I'm the only one on here, sad the way forums have gone so quiet over the last couple of years.
  16. Hey guys!

Welcome
  17. 2016 Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI

Just a random question. Does anyone know how strong the standard internals are on the EA888 tsi engine? Obviously you can go stage 1 or 2 on the standard IS12 turbo or there's complete kits available for a IS20 or IS38 turbo kits which make anything upto 370bhp and way over 300ftlb. These kits...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.