Search results

1. GordonMcC

DSG clutch slipping when cold? Only 1200 miles old

Another moan about my new car. When cold and accelerating it feels like the clutch is slipping on the DSG. The rev counter needle does not rise smoothly and it revs at random rpms when accelerating a bit like a clutch slipping. This is my 4th car with DSG and this is the first experience...
  2. GordonMcC

1.5 tsi DSG wheel spin

I have a new Ateca now with 140p miles on it. Even under what I would call a light foot it has a tendency to wheel spin. Is this common? I recently got rid of a Cupra 290 and I can't remember that wheels spinning as much as this when pulling away ad that was twice the power
  3. GordonMcC

Returning Lease Car

Morning all I have paddleshift extensions on my lease car. Tried getting them off but scared of making a mess. Has anyone had these while returning a lease? Car is hopefully going in June/July
  4. GordonMcC

Removal of paddle shift extensions

Morning all looking for best way to remove the residue that will be left by the sticky backing of the DSG paddle shift extensions. I will use a hair dryer to heat up and remove the extension but what is the best way to remove the residue that will be left on the back of the fitted paddle? cheers
  5. GordonMcC

Digital Service Record

Hi all has anyone ever had their Seat digital service record updated after having the car serviced at an Independant?
  6. GordonMcC

A year with the new Cupra 290

Hi All I have now had my Mk3 Leon Cupra 290 (WLTP Version) for a few days short of a year now and I thought that I would write a small review on it after 1 year and 8,000 miles of driving it. I had originally ordered a Skoda Karoq (preparing for family life) but after 1 month into the 6/7...
  7. GordonMcC

MY19 Cupra 290 Res Delete

Tomorrow the 290 goes in for a res delete which a lot of new owners are desperate to try but there are not many videos around to showcase the mod with the new GPF fitted. Here is a link to the standard exhaust I posted on YouTube. Res delete to follow tomorrow (Zaustworx pipe) &
  8. GordonMcC

Mileage!!!

I have the new MY19 Cupra...how on earth do I find out how many miles I have done?? I had a previous mk3 Leon and I that easy to find however I'm really struggling with the new one. I reset my trip mileage and now cant find my total mileage.:banghead2 any help would be great :thumbup:
  9. GordonMcC

MK3 FR Reiger Rear Splitter

does anyone know how the Reiger Rear splitter is fitted to the Leon FR? does it require any cutting of the rear bumper? its the one that allows you to keep the original exhausts.
  10. GordonMcC

New Member Scotland

Hi All just joined this site as I use it quite frequently to find out useful information. I have had my '65 plate Leon Fr 184 In Nevada white for nearly a year now. what can I say its BRILLIANT! got the aero side skirts fitted, 18" performance alloys as well as the black painted front...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members