Search results

1. Scraping sound when accelerating

Hi. I have had a look for a thread on this but I couldn't find anything that matched what it seems is happening in my car. So I've noticed that when I accelerate in lower gears, my car makes a horrible scraping sound for around 2-5 seconds maybe. I don't know how else to describe it. When I...
  2. Leaks in rear footwells

Okay so I've had what I would call puddles now in my rear footwells and now the drivers footwell too. I followed the guide to repair the inner door seals and that was successful but hasn't stopped the water getting in. I can't see any signs of where the water may be coming from. Is there any...
  3. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Still wet!!! Okay so I've had what I would call puddles now in my rear footwells and now the drivers footwell too. I followed the guide to repair the inner door seals and that was successful but hasn't stopped the water getting in. I can't see any signs of where the water may be coming from...
  4. Leaks in rear footwells

Sorry to be a pain, I'm new to the whole fixing things on your car yourself. So I've got two extremely wet rear footwells in my Leon MK1. No sign of leakage anywhere other than when I open the doors in the morning(when it's rained) there is often some water that leaks out. It's not wet in the...
  5. Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Wet footwells Sorry to be a pain, I'm new to the whole fixing things on your car yourself. So I've got two extremely wet rear footwells in my Leon MK1. No sign of leakage anywhere other than when I open the doors in the morning(when it's rained) there is often some water that leaks out. Is this...
  6. Installing aftermarket stereo Leon mk1

I've bought my Leon a couple of weeks ago, and I love it!! First thing I want to do though is install a new stereo. I have bought a pioneer single din DEH-2800UI and now I need to fit it! I bought what I thought were the necessary adapters, but now I'm stuck:( I think I need a very basic...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members