Search results

1. andy295

Changing the sound equalizer manually?

The Seat Sound system has Seat Sound badges on the door speakers.
  2. andy295

Petrol vs Diesel (Weight & Handling)

Has anyone experience of driving both a petrol Leon and a Diesel? Especially if they were FR models. The reason is that I'm about to order a replacement for my leased FR 1.4 150. The diesel 150 is currently cheaper to lease than the petrol and as most of my driving is on long A roads at 50mph...
  3. andy295

Facelift leon FR Wheel Pics (17s & 18s)

Another attempt:
  4. andy295

Facelift leon FR Wheel Pics (17s & 18s)

Some photos if my FR 150 with the standard 17" alloys. I'd like to have upgraded to better-looking alloys but I'm leasing and I would have had to pay for the whole upgrade cost. It's just not worth it on a two year lease. Edit: Looks like the photos haven't worked. Back to the drawing board...
  5. andy295

Problem with Seat sound

Just a thought. Could it be that for some reason, your audio settings reset themselves? Have a check, just in case, it may be your bass was turned up a little and now it's not.
  6. andy295

Mk3 fr speakers

I'm surprised by that. I had a 2005 Mazda 6 Sport with the Bose and I thought it was brilliant. I now have a Leon with the Seat Sound and it's not a patch on the Bose. Having said that, I listen to a lot of Classical music. The Bose could handle a big loud symphony and brought the music...
  7. andy295

Leon FR 150 or Leon FR 184?

I had a 184 tdi on loan for a month last year and now have a leased 150 EcoTsi. To be honest, the 150 just doesn't have the grunt. It's really quite a noticable difference. The 150 might have a decent 0-60 on paper, but it doesn't feel anywhere near as quick as the 184, especially overtaking...
  8. andy295

Full link

Frankly, my experience of it is that it's a pile of dog doo-da.
  9. andy295

Start Stop - Push To Turn On?

That's interesting. Mine is a manual FR facelift and it does shut down when I'm coasting to a stop. I notice because the power steering suddenly stops working! It can be disconcerting.
  10. andy295

2017 Leon!!!

I'm with you on that. I was delighted that my FR was going to be a facelift, but now I'd have preferred the pre-facelift. The front end in particular was more muscular. I much preferred the old FR seats with the leather side bolster and the shiny black trim offers little except as a dust-magnet...
  11. andy295

2017 Leon!!!

Is that a straight swap on the bulb? And is it very easy to change?
  12. andy295

Changing the sound equalizer manually?

Do you mean this? Essentially, it gores from low bass on the left to high treble on the right. The middle one is mid range, if you increase it, it will make the vocals louder. The photo shows my settings which I'm reasonable happy with. I find in a car you need to push them all up a little to...
  13. andy295

2017 Leon!!!

Ranxzy, ride is always subjective. But my opinion is that it's pretty firm and yes it can seem unsettled on particularly bumpy roads. Certainly I'm becoming much more aware of the surfaces on certain roads that I didn't notice in my Focus. On the other hand, it feels well planted and...
  14. andy295

2017 Leon!!!

After 6 days, no rattles. Bit I do have the Seat Sound System which I understand prevents the door rattle issue. Not been over 65mph yet so I don't about wind noise.
  15. andy295

Sat-Nav

No, it stays on when I've used it. Being Google, it knew that the main road near my work was closed for roadworks and took me a different route. The built-in one doesn't do that.
  16. andy295

Sat-Nav

I've only had my Leon a few days. But so far, using Google Maps using the AndroidLink is looking the better option. You can use voice activation to enter the location and you can say things like the name of a business, shop or pub rather than the postcode. And the computer-generated voice is a...
  17. andy295

2017 Leon!!!

That's interesting to hear. Although I'd already what I think was a rock-bottom price plus they'd agreed to pay £750 cashback (sorry, "dealer support") off my deposit. so I doubt they'd have budged on the extras. But worth a try next time. What extras did you go for?
  18. andy295

2017 Leon!!!

Chief, if you did want the EcoTSI, the best deal I can see on the What Car leasing site for the EcoTSI is £196.01 with a first payment of £588.03, from a Seat dealer. That's £8000 pa but you said that's all you do anyway. The extra mileage is 5p so it won't cost much if you go over. I got...
  19. andy295

2017 Leon!!!

According to the April pricelist, the Convenience Pack is only standard on the Xcellence, X-perience and Cupra models, not the FR. You can order it as an extra, but bear in mind that the whole cost of any extras goes into your 2 year lease. So if you order £500 of extras, your payments will go...
  20. andy295

2017 Leon!!!

Finally got round to taking some photos.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.