Search results

1. lleiro

need to replace the serpentine belt pulley

Wonder if any one have replaced that pulley and how many things do we have to remove. Looks quite crammed for space but the pulley has been rattling and is gonna go anytime. Any pointers will be appreciated ;)
  2. lleiro

Anyone replaced the a/c compreasor and/or its solenoid valve?

Took my 07 altea for MOT and asked them to regas the ac. They say I need a new compressor at £475 and they left the system full of gas :( I read that more often than not replacing the solenoid valve on the compreasor will do it. If not a new/used/reman compressor will do it but can use...
  3. lleiro

Headunit upgrade - wiring novice!

I dont know which is your oem headunit but I fit a dension gateway 300 and an ipod cable on my 07 altea and everything works perfectly! wheel controls and MFD. Couldnt be happier with it Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  4. lleiro

Anyone knowlegeable about OEM bluetooth?

I have 2007 altea with the MFD and the OEM Bluetooth (5p0862335b) which only works for the phone. I also installed a Dension Gateway 300 and could not be happier about that. The only thing I miss dearly is to be able to use Whatsapp and Skype calls through the Bluetooth and I suspect it could...
  5. lleiro

Dissapointing MPG at speed limit....

Is this a diy project or a garage only? Im interested in this... Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  6. lleiro

Dissapointing MPG at speed limit....

Really don't know whats the deal. I think I just go lucky. It has the oem bluetooth for the phone and I believe that that option requires the big MFD. I will be cleaning the EGR soon. If I do 70mph (per gps) I get ~42 mpg Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  7. lleiro

Handbrake adjustment

Sorry to bring back an old thread. I am trying to figure out how to fix a rattle that comes from the handbrake (Rear Driver's Side). The rattle happens because the ball at the end of the cable that connects to the ("caliper"?) is a bit loose so anytime I hit a bump it rattles pretty loudly...
  8. lleiro

How to diagnose a rattle?

I took it to the garage that did the full service and they kept the car all day and I came to pick up and none of the 3 mechanics found it! First thing I did was bang the rear driver side wheel with the car on the lift and sure enough I reproduce the rattle right away! It turned out to be the...
  9. lleiro

Weird noise

Dont mix the fluids! Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  10. lleiro

Weird noise

Then you have a fair suspect there. Top it up with proper fluid and keep an eye on it. If it is leaking it will donthat noise. I used to have an Audi A6 (C4) that taught me that lesson Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  11. lleiro

Weird noise

Does it change when you steer? The steering rack could do that if it fails. I would also visually inspect the accesory belt too Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  12. lleiro

Weird noise

Does it sound like a Siren? If so is quite common and its Turbo related. Some say is common others claim the turbo ia going bad. Does it drive ok? Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  13. lleiro

PD 1.9 TDI 105 (BXE) EGR cleaning...Anyone?

Sorry for this double check but did you so it on an Altea with the BXE? Getting more tempted to take your route by the minute. Getting 4-5 mpg more will pay for itself rather quickly with the mileage I put on mine. Any MOT surprises? Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  14. lleiro

I actually saw them for £50 at darkside. Wil seriousky think about it Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  15. lleiro

Wow. Thats significant. Did you installed it yourself? I see them going for £50 but dont you need a remap after to delete it from the ecu as well? Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  16. lleiro

How much woukd you say your mpg improved? Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  17. lleiro

139k on mine... Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
  18. lleiro

Screeching sound on startup

Wherever you go. Do not go to Seat Reading. They will ask you to leave the car for a whole day and when you get back they will tell you that your car rolls on 4 wheels and boasts and impressive combustion engine. If you are lucky they will tell you the color of your car and if you ask nicely the...
  19. lleiro

Screeching sound on startup

I second Speed-FReek, also if the dealer is paying for it why dont you let them sort it? Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise