Search results

1. Reinstalling Wiper Motor and Mechanism?

Hi, one of my wiper spindles seized and I borked it in the process of trying to get it apart to relube it. I now have a used unit to fit (with nicely greased spindles). I had to remove the motor from the mechanism to get the bloody thing out. Is there some clever way to get it in (and out)...
  2. 1din stereo radio for Ibiza mk4

Looking for a stereo for my mark4 Ibiza, just a regular 1 din. Ideally with aux or Bluetooth input but I'd consider anything
  3. 1.2 AZQ catalytic converter and manifold (maniverter)

Hello again. I think the maniverter on my ibiza is cracked: I can hear and smell the exhaust at the front of the engine. I'm thinking of taking it off myself as access is good however the bolts are all very rusted and I have read that they can be difficult to remove. I have added penetrating oil...
  4. EPC light, P0341 & P0302, limping/won't run (1.2 AZQ)

Hi. Whilst driving yesterday the car, a 1.2 12v 3 cylinder mk4, dropped down on power dramatically and limped along for a mile before stopping completely. It would sometimes start and sometimes not thereafter. At first my OBD2 reader reported P0606 ECM fault and P0341 Camshaft sensor signal. I...
  5. Brake Servo Vacuum Hose (1.2 AZQ) Part or Generic hose

Hello again. My latest issue has been slightly poor running and a p0171 (fuel air mix too lean) error code. I tracked this down to a split brake servo hose where it connects to a union, which I read is a common fault, and one might say mine has done well to last 146k. I have taped the...
  6. Gear box oil

Hello again I am thinking of changing the gearbox oil on my Ibiza 1.2, engine code azq. The car has done 138k and runs well. It is a 5spd manual box. I wondered if the proper oil for this is g052171a2?
  7. Gear stick extension

I am currently driving a few hundred miles a week and I'm noticing more that the gear stick on my little 1.2 64ps is a slight reach for me in my ideal driving position, exacerbating some minor back problem. Is it possible to fit a gear lever extension, either simply taller, or better yet...
  8. 1.2 64ps (2004) O2 Lambda, Major Service.

Hello. My 1.2 which I think has the 64ps engine, has the engine light on. It has about 130000miles My bluetooth elm327 dongle reports this as error P0130: malfunction of O2 sensor 1 bank 1. There is no signal reported. I am planning to replace the lambda sensor myself to see if this resolves...