Search results

1. Hello all

Now I have 15 posts, I can put up some pics of the new Leon. These were actually pictures taken by the garage who had the car for sale, but with the wall behind removed. Si.
  2. OBDeleven modifications

Is there anybody can do VCDS / ODBeleven mods in Leicester or Coventry (Allesley)? I have made a few mods using Carista, but all mods aren't available on it, yet. I don't have an Android device, otherwise I would have gone for ODBeleven myself. Thanks Si.
  3. How to tell

Okay, cool. Just checking. We only bought the car a week or two ago, and the wife has just had her insurance renewal through. It states it as a fr 2.0 tdi 181. It's definitely a 150 as it has the beam rear axle. Even for a 184, their price would still be too bloody much, though. What's...
  4. How to tell

How can you tell an FR tdi 184 from a tdi 150? Any tell tale signs under the bonnet? Si.
  5. Installing Fan washers

Received mine today. Slot screw adjustment also. 30 second install. Very pleased with the result. Si.
  6. Boot Struts

Received my new struts from Germany this morning. Fitting them took literally two minutes for both sides. I used an extending prop to hold the tailgate up at the right height. Fitted them inverted so the angled / canted end would stay at the same end as before. Seems to work brilliantly, not...
  7. Hello all

Just completed my first week with the new car, and my first tank refill. 627 miles on one tank!! Result. Now I've got a baseline, I will stop driving like a granny and have some fun. 60 mile round trip for the Mustang MOT tomorrow first - somehow I think the fuel consumption will be slightly...
  8. good 0bd2 plug for carista app

I'm sure I read somewhere that the v2.1 ones wouldn't work. I recently bought one of the generic Elm327 units from EBay, and although Carista could see it, I couldn't complete a download with it. I figured it was worth the price just to go for the Carista dongle on the hassle front. Carista...
  9. Rear wiper problem

I sometimes have a strange issue with my rear wiper's home position. When it wipes, it will wipe between 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position then come to rest at 1 o'clock. Further wipes again sweep normally, but always coming back to rest at 1 o'clock. Sometimes if I leave it for 10-15 mins and...
  10. Key mod

Only picked up the new Leon last night, but my chrome caps arrived this morning. First mod complete. Rubber cover on order... Thanks Nganasan. Si.
  11. Hello all

I picked up the FR last night. I'm a very happy bunny. First mod completed (plastic key tops change to chrome). OBD2 dongle ordered to allow further tinkering with Carista. Will get some pics taken once I am up to 15 posts. If anybody sees an Apollo blue FR in Leicester or Coventry give us...
  12. OBDeleven modifications

You can get them from hs-cnc.de (sorry, can't post links yet). Si.
  13. ODBEleven device needed

Can anybody recommend where I can get a suitable <cheap> android device that would be suitable to use with ODBEleven? New / refurb / second hand - doesn't matter. I am an iOS user, and would just be buying the android device for this one application, so really don't want to spend very much...
  14. getting mirrors to fold in when u lock the car

How are you finding Carista? I am trying to toss up between it and OBDEleven - however as I have iOS, it's the easier route. Si.
  15. Usb

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but do you only get the extra Gibbons if you order the 'Ape Pack'. Is there an option for funky gibbons? Si. Apologies for the gratuitous attempt to get my newby posts up to 15.
  16. Hello all

Hi gang. Have just bought myself a Leon FR tdi 150 in Apollo Blue. Should be picking it up in a couple of days. Lots of umming and ahhing about 150 vs 184, but in the end, it'll spend most of its time trudging up and down the motorway and after taking both for a good test drive, there really...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.