Search results

1. DrEv1l

Fitting TTRS Clutch to a manual 2016 290 ST - Any experiences?

Hi There, Im pretty sure that it was. This delay has appeared over time so I am sure it was originally removed when I had the first clutch fitted. I will check though, just in sace.
  2. DrEv1l

Thanks for sharing this! I'm still not 100 sure the clutch itself is duff or the master or slave cylinder. I need a good second opinion...
  3. DrEv1l

Sorry for the late reply, life has been getting in the way of the fun stuff. Thanks for the reply. Yep i had you on the sachs, i started getting hip pain off you can belive that as i was doing 15 to 20k a year on it. Anyway, i got a stage one revo map from severn valley automotive in...
  4. DrEv1l

Hi All, My 290 ST has a stage one map on it putting out around 370 BHP. The pedal is not popping back up when cold and it is difficult at times to get it to go into 2nd gear. There also the odd whiff of clutch at times. The garage I went to said that these were signs of the clutch being on...
  5. DrEv1l

Large amounts of condensation on the inside of the windscreen.

When I had my windscreen replaced the tech suggested to keep some silica gel packets that you get from some food containers in the car. They suck up the moisture. Also I used a dehumidifier aero 360 in one of my old cars that was sitting on the drive for a while and did defiantly leak like an...
  6. DrEv1l

EDIFF Service for FWD 280/290/300 anyone done it?

Well I got a local indi to do it for me, VHub in tewksbury. It cost me 110 pounds which for the peace of mind was well worth it.
  7. DrEv1l

Best wheel cleaner? (Cupra 290)

I have those wheels and my detailer hates them! They are so difficult to get into the nooks and clean. Mine have also got some defects on them as well as a little curbing so I'm going to have to just get them refurbished. The bilberry wash is very good and does not smell too evil.
  8. DrEv1l

Anyone used Ferodo pads with the 370 mm Brembos?

I've been using EBC redstuff pads add I had lots of warping issues with the stock pads and the brembo discs. I have not tried the Ferodos as the red stuff gave me much better peddle feel and so far have not warped the discs.
  9. DrEv1l

HELP!!! Need Brake pads for Cupra 280 Sub 8 pack

Hey there MH0 I have the brembos too. Had real issues with warping on the stock pads so I changed to EBC Redstuff. they are not cheap... https://detail-monkey.com/product/ebc-redstuff-cupra-280-290-front-pads-brembo/ I have found them to be great personally, much better modulation of the...
  10. DrEv1l

EDIFF Service for FWD 280/290/300 anyone done it?

I just watched this video on the EDIFF service for the GTI performance pack. I think thats the same as the one in our cars. Has anyone done this service or asked a garage to do it? I asked my local and they said it was not needed... DrEv1l
  11. DrEv1l

Stage 2 question

My 2 pence worth: Ive got a manual FWD 2016 290ST and the REVO stage 2. I wanted the stage 2 because it unlocks heal toe as you can press both accelerator and brake at the same time. I had the r600 intake, pipe and inlet and the DV+ mod same as oldboy as well as a sachs organic clutch and the...
  12. DrEv1l

PROGRESSIVE PARTS ROLLING ROAD DAY SUNDAY 17th NOVEMBER

Id like to boys and girls but its a bit too far for this south westerner. Next time though.
  13. DrEv1l

Cupra Wheel Downsizing (Recommendations?)

Also have a look for Dale Lomas' bridge to gantry blog and video on his 280 st. He went from 19s to 18s butts he could save Mooney on psc2s but he did not have the brembo big kit on his car. Hee is a member of the forum still I think...
  14. DrEv1l

OBDeleven modifications

Wow great detail as always guys - thanks again. Looks like it is much more complex than I had hoped. So it is actually not an option on any Leon as standard then? Seems Seat are missing a trick but it is what it is.
  15. DrEv1l

Help - Removing and painting font and rear "S" badge on Mk3 Leon ST

thanks Guys - ill try to get it done for the 14th!
  16. DrEv1l

How many miles do you get on a full tank?

I regularly get over 40 MPG indicated "from start" on my M4 run - but I do drive like a granny - 65 all the way baby! Highest has been 45 MPG! I save the gas for the B roads :)
  17. DrEv1l

Help - Removing and painting font and rear "S" badge on Mk3 Leon ST

Hi All, I want to colour code my front and read badges as something a little different from black or chrome. Does anyone have any tips, vids, or experience on doing their badges? Is it better to spray or wrap? how did you mask yours off etc. Also what do i need to source for the back badge...
  18. DrEv1l

OBDeleven modifications

Hi Everybody, I have been up and down this thread so apologies if it is a repeat of an older question: Is there such a thing as a blindspot assist on the Leon Cupra ST that could be activated by ODBeleven? It looks like the hard ware would be there (the mini flasher on the wing mirror and the...
  19. DrEv1l

2019 National Meet booking confirmation thread (no discussions)

1. Syphon (Scott) - MK3 Leon Cupra 300 2. Deano j1971 (Dean) - MK3 Leon Cupra ST300 Stage1 + TCU 3. Jimbobcook (Simon) - MK2 Leon Cupra R (Stock+) 4. Legojon (Jon) - MK2 Leon Cupra R (Stage 2+ +LSD) 5. fozzybear - MK2 Leon Cupra 6. Chester (Mark) - Mk3 Leon SC FR (Revo Stage 1) 7. g60stu...
  20. DrEv1l

Please Help. Cupra 300 discs fail/problem!

I had this issue twice with my brembo kit. The disks warped both times within 10k of changing them. Seat refused any warranty claim. In the end I changed to ebc redstuff pads with new disks to see if they were better. They have been much better, the feel is improved and there is no scoring...