Search results

1. Oversized/tighter PD150 Injector Seals

Just adding this for anybody who may come across fuel getting into the oil issue from injectors and having problems resolving. The injectors on my pd150 have been in and out a few times over the past few years and every time they come out the vibration scores/marks on the sides of the injector...
  2. Additives, toothbrush or flooring it?

Issue with getting things clean is that the egr causes build up on the inlet tract and no additive will remove that. Best way to keep things clean , disable egr so the inlet doesn’t get clogged up, take manifold off and clean as best as possible and delete egr from the map. Getting the carbon...
  3. What Electric Handbrake Caliper will Fit? for Leon 1m 256mm x 22mm (vented rears)

Hi Guys, I've searched everywhere but can't seem to find any dimensions on any of the electric handbrake Passat calipers, does anybody know of any handbrake calipers from a newer vehicle that will fit directly in place of the cupra r rear caliper with vented disc? I'm sure some people will ask...
  4. Cooling fan issues

Thought I would add after looking up what I have, they are 'hsc200 1r0' so thats 1 Ohm resistors rated at 200W and RS Components want £30 per resistor currently. However using the rs components resistor selector I found 'hs200 1 Ohm' at £19.09 each. 200Watt is overkill for each but for me the...
  5. Cooling fan issues

I used two of these units (or similar) and both times it only temporarily fixed it until the unit got water ingress into them and we are talking weeks, I eventually went to Farnell and got two large high power resistors and put them in the circuit instead and 3 years later no issues. The power...
  6. Advice on viewing

I'm not going to say this is a definitive list of symptoms but its what I observed on my car, 1. Little by little the engine seemed noisier, not a lot, when the lifter started obviously leaking oil through there was slightly less pressure held in the adjuster so the noise got louder, the...
  7. ARL New valve failed just below collet, anybody else seen this before?

hi all, I’ve redone loads of engines over the years, bikes, cars and vans but have never seen a new valve fail like this, it is snapped right below the collet and the then proceeded to drop into the chamber and take the piston out. Just wondered if anybody else has ever seen this. Opinions...
  8. Advice on viewing

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier but that makes decent sense to me. Unfortunately I got an ECP valve to replace the hammered valve end and it failed directly after fitting and the valve has taken a piston out and the head. the failure was up at the collets side and failed about 5mins after...
  9. Advice on viewing

Sorry for reopening an old thread just thought some people would like some info of my chocolate cam failure, 277k 2005 ARL on original unmodded engine except darkside dev turbo and map. Could have been bad oil but I’ve known and carried out work on the car since ~30k so shouldn’t have been...
  10. Holy Grail of Tyres

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 is my latest, been using them for ~1.5 years on both 17s and 18s. I used to use only Goodyear F1 Assymetric but the Pilot sport 4s are now my favourite so much as they just hold on so well even In the wet. On the other hand though when you find the limit they don’t let go...
  11. Webasto Diagram for Climatronic 1M 05 FR

Yeah, shorts and t-shirt are valid for me all year round now. Yaaasss. Maybe I didn't explain enough, I also have the T100 htm remote so I can see the temp in the car before I get in and start the heater and climatronic remotely rather than just quickly heat the car when the engine is started...
  12. Webasto Diagram for Climatronic 1M 05 FR

Hi Guys, I had a search around for the topic but couldn't find a decent place to add this, I recently put a 4kw webasto evo top on my Leon and nobody anywhere (including Seat) could give me any advice on any aux function in the climtronic module. If anybody is considering doing this, I would...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.