Search results

1. Davidibiza

Fit 215/40/17 wheels + tyres and spacers to 2008 ibiza 6L

The 17” wheels and tyres and wheel spacers fitted with no issues, no protruding from wheel arches either. That is the limit on that setup though.
  2. Davidibiza

Fit 215/40/17 wheels + tyres and spacers to 2008 ibiza 6L

I want to fit 215/40/17 wheels and tyres to my 2008 Ibiza 6L and maybe wheel spacers 10mm per wheel on front and 15mm per wheel on back, can anyone give me any advice ? the set up at the moment on car is 205/45/16 with 10 mm per wheel spacers front and 15mm per wheel back. The ET on both the 16...
  3. Davidibiza

Best place for a stage 1 map

evolutionchips.co.uk is a good company, had my ibiza chipped there, 100% performance, no problems
  4. Davidibiza

Will this turbo fit

Thanks for reply SEAT RULE, I have been told that 54431015703, a number on the aluminium casting part of the turbo, not on the ID plate is a casting reference number. Many turbos with different ID plate numbers use this casting. My recon turbo has not got an ID plate.
  5. Davidibiza

Will this turbo fit

My seat Ibiza is a 2008 6L 1.9tdi PD100 AXR Engine and I have just bought a recon turbo, it’s a Borgwarner 54431015073. The company who sold it took my registration number to match it to a turbo. I haven’t started taking the old one off yet but I know it’s a Borgwarner BV39, 54399880019. When...
  6. Davidibiza

Engine/turbo whine

My ibiza 2008 1.9tdi pd has started making a different turbo sound when the engine is at normal running temperature. When it is cold the turbo still makes the whistling sound, when warmed up the turbo makes more of a whining sound. It has full service history and has done 102000 miles. Had it...
  7. Davidibiza

Klarius deluxe exhaust clamp

Can anyone help? I’ve got a 2008 Ibiza 1:9tdi with 50mm diameter exhaust where the downpipe butts up to the centre pipe. What size Klarius deluxe clamp do i need to get? I’ve had problems getting the right size before. Thanks
  8. Davidibiza

Intermittent ABS light

Have got an intermittent ABS warning light issue, most of the time it's off, but now and again it comes on for about 10 minutes, it lit up 3 times today in about 4 hours driving. I haven't researched it yet and was wondering if anyone could help, the car is an Ibiza 1.9tdi 2008. Thanks
  9. Davidibiza

Ibiza mark IV front strut spring

Thanks for info
  10. Davidibiza

Thanks for the info
  11. Davidibiza

Just had a near side front strut Spring snap on my Ibiza tdi, I'm gonna replace both springs and both top strut supports, when looking for parts I saw that the top strut support comes with a bearing, does that bearing fit between the spring and the top support? never had to work on these before
  12. Davidibiza

Ibiza 1.9tdi flywheel

Does anybody know what flywheel the Ibiza 1.9tdi 2008 AXR engine has, dual or single mass? Thanks
  13. Davidibiza

Ibiza tailgate won't open

My 2008 Ibiza tailgate won't open, I can hear the actuator working when the button is pressed and it also won't unlock when I use the key in it. Any ideas?
  14. Davidibiza

Turbo whistle

Another thing I forgot to say is that I used a 400ml bottle in a full tank of diesel of archoil turbo cleaner 1000 miles ago, so maybe a cleaner turbo has changed things aswell. As I said, the car is running well. Thanx for the reply
  15. Davidibiza

Turbo whistle

My Ibiza 1.9 tdi 2008 has done 73000 miles, the turbo has just started whistling on tickover, The whistling sound gets less as the revs increase. It had oil + filter change 250 miles ago ( full synthetic 505.01) about 1 month ago I removed EGR valve and cleaned the crap out of inlet manifold...
  16. Davidibiza

Decat pipe questions

Just fitted a decat pipe on my ibiza 1.9tdi 2008. The pipe leaves the turbo at a different angle to the original cat pipe and is closer to the steering rack pipes, to me it seems maybe too close, about 25mm. The pipes sit on top of the steering rack, they are steel and one is plastic. Also air...
  17. Davidibiza

Gearbox oil capacity

I changed the gearbox oil of my Ibiza 1.9 tdi 2008, drained it when engine was warm and when refilling it, the car was level, I could only get 1.6 Litres of oil in, before it came out of filler hole, the manual says it takes 1.9 Litres, anyone else experienced this? I used full synthetic 75W...
  18. Davidibiza

EGR removed

Thanks, will try them
  19. Davidibiza

EGR removed

On my Ibiza 1.9 tdi 2008, I've removed egr and egr cooler, fitted egr replacement and coolant bypass pipe, car goes a lot better, the only thing is, I want the engine management light off, does anyone know how? I contacted my local remappers and they quoted £230. Want to do it cheaper than...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.