Search results

1. jka

How strong is the DSG ? thinking going Stage 1

ty! feels like there should be no issues :)
  2. jka

How strong is the DSG ? thinking going Stage 1

Hi everyone So i am considering going stage 1 on my 2017 Cupra, and will upgrade the turbo for ease of mind etc if i do. But at the last second i feel hesitant as i started second guessing thinking "what if my DSG box goes". How common is it for the 6 DGS to fail on these cars? Have already...
  3. jka

Cupra 290 to Hyundai i30 N. Mad?

Not mad at all, good looking car, seriously fast one and with good exhaust note stock! Raced with one like 10 days ago on swedish freeway. He keept up nicly could not shacke him or her.. But, have an extra look at the new renault megane rs. I would choose one with legacy performance car...
  4. jka

Tuning boxes Dtuk or TDI tuning

It has 3 Main program modes. 1 is exacly what u mentiond 2 is in middle of 1 & 3 3 is the one i use and its more conservative, comes in late but u still feel it. Just perfect imho. Mode 1 is BEAST MODE Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
  5. jka

Tuning boxes Dtuk or TDI tuning

Using Dtuk here, had it installed 2 months so far. No issues. Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
  6. jka

Cupra R compared against Civic Type R on track

One huge thing to consider, and is RELY important to me. How they car is to live with daily ! i have test driven the new Type R and i would not have it, plus who wants to drive in a car that looks like a fking space ship.. srly !
  7. jka

Cupra 300 ST stolen this morning

here in Sweden that would be against the law ether way - im rely only allowed to hold them until police comes (in practice impossible but still thats it). but i would not care at this point.
  8. jka

Cupra 300 ST stolen this morning

sorry to hear about you car ! hope you get sorted, personally i would want them to burn/crash it so id get a new one. would like to have something like Ghost installed in mine but as usual, nothing like this is available here in Sweden. Funny thing here is that, if someone tries to brake in to...
  9. jka

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Ty, Will report back on the durability, put on about 8 layers so far.. another option is to put on duracoat but then its permanent and then some. I did use plastidip on my rims when i had my Renault RS... those hold up well, even carwash. (Duracoat Paint is used in the militery to coat guns...
  10. jka

Cellink neo installed, and now plasti-dip’ng the S badges front and back Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
  11. jka

I chose DTUK for the same reason, so i can take it off easy. only problem i had so far was the last sensor underneath the car that i forgot to push in first then out. But Andrew and Dtuk has blazing fast support so he could advice me during install :D Map 1 the car is an absolute beast, kick...
  12. jka

Had the DTUK on my Cupra 300 now for about a month, tested it on all 3 maps (on zero setting). I like the map 3 the most as the boost come in later (after 3000rpm). i dont feel like i want more than the zero setting. no issues so far. FYI even the -3 will give more boost than the zero setting.
  13. jka

Cellink Neo on order, installed this yesterday
  14. jka

maxtondesign back spoilercap
  15. jka

Difference in exhaust notes between DSG CUPRA 280,290 & 300

I have the 300 SC not much better tbh, and all the clips with sound from the outside is quite useless. its when you are inside that matters.
  16. jka

Vinyl wrap/stickers or Plasti Dip?

i have used Plasti dip, super easy to work with, stuff rely work as advertised regarding masking between surfaces and materials. just remember to go light sprays but many layers. ex here, 2 minutes in he peels off unwanted "paint" never tried vinyl wrap so cant comment sorry, but i imagine...
  17. jka

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

@ChrisFRTP Yes it is here in sweden aswell. I bought with my brain and sens but should gone with my feeling :D @Jaco2k Got the SC, did test drive the ST aswell. fell for the Sc. As i did mention i am happy with it though but jeez did they fail big time on the exhoust >:( i am already looking at...
  18. jka

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Collected my cupra July last year, im quite happy with it. But if i could do it all over again, i would go for a RS3.
  19. jka

how to clean brakes and brake tops

sounds like a good idea, will be looking into that when i need to change brake discs !
  20. jka

how to clean brakes and brake tops

This might be my OCD kicking off but my brake tops looks awful ! is there any good tips on how to clean the brake tops ? borrowing few images from the net here, as i havent taken any pics of my own car but this is exacley the issue i have Any advice is appreciated. /cheers ! [/url]