Search results

1. Seat Extended Warranty

My thoughts exactly, I do 25k a year, car is on 40k, if at 60k 6 years old the dsg goes bust is it warranty covered or not. I had a fly wheel fail before and it was classed as wear and tear :cry: £800 for new flywheel fitted to a dsg box
  2. Seat Extended Warranty

Just coming up to the end of my warranty for my leon, 1.6 DSG, is it worth extending the warranty for 250 notes a year? This is full cover warranty and a £250 excess - I'm dubious as it's given me no issues whatsoever but it is 5 years old now so thinking the warranty might be useful :confused:
  3. Seat Official Servicing with "inclusive" Roadside Assistance - a warning

Sounds like a nightmare! Glad you got it sorted at last My next service is FOC so I doubt it'll be covered for breakdown, but think I might keep my personal breakdown anyway. Gets myself, the car and all passengers to any destination in the UK. Costs £100 for a year but worth it in my mind as...
  4. Foot well lights problems

My footwell lights are on constantly, which if you want that I'd tap into a 12v ignition feed. If not, then tap into a 12v door feed, that should give you footwell lights when opening the doors.
  5. Seat Leon MK3 1.6tdi 105bhp owners?

I've got the 1.6 with tech pack, i bought it as I do 500 miles a week so wanted a mile cruncher car. I see about 62 mpg long term with a 7 speed DSG gearbox. Engine power is sufficient for daily driving, not really for spirited though more than comfy enough, I never ache and I sometimes spend 2...
  6. Install of Auto Dimming Mirror/Dash Cam

A fairly reasonably priced auto dimming mirror. Might give this one a go, tidy up the interior with some new gadgets! Already got the dashcam and find it awkward to mount as the mirror gets in the way at the moment.
  7. Seat Official Servicing with "inclusive" Roadside Assistance - a warning

I bought mine used, so only the 12 months, but if I keep the car serviced at main dealer it continues (which I will).
  8. LED Headlights

Just find the vent hole and jet wash the inside, that'll remove any particles... In all seriousness though, I doubt you'll have much luck with SEAT, unless you can differentiate between dust particles on the glass and scratches. Surely even if particles attach to the glass this shouldn't...
  9. Looking to buy a Leon

I've got the 1.6 TDI with tech pack, for me the purchase was based on my mileage, around 25k a year. I drive like miss daisy most the time and it's 90% or more on motorways, I see around 63mpg / 650 miles to a tank. The power is plenty for normal driving but I'm sure the 2.0 engine gives that...
  10. Seat Official Servicing with "inclusive" Roadside Assistance - a warning

I'm on variable servicing but i'm still within 12 months of original purchase, so I have the roadside assistance. I'm swapping to 20k service intervals as it makes more sense for my driving. I'm also privately covered by the RAC as it covers me, not the car. Very handy at times!
  11. Oil leak

First time i'd heard of plastic sump plugs on the Leon! Makes me shudder a bit if I'm honest! ECP only comes up with a metal magnetic plug, does anyone know where can you get OEM ones other than the dealer?
  12. Why I use a Micro Sd card for music..

My speakers are a bit crackly, so tbh, loss of quality isn't noticed really. I want t retrofit seat sound and then upgrade my door speakers. Does anyone know the size of the door speakers?
  13. Why I use a Micro Sd card for music..

I'm too lazy to be updating cards when my music genre fancies a change, I just use spotify and bluetooth haha
  14. DSG vs Manual really same 0-60 ttimes?

Nothing like a VW company to make up coughemissionscough figures:whistle:
  15. DSG vs Manual really same 0-60 ttimes?

Thinking logically a clever auto box should always be quicker than a manual - mainly because of the driver. Us mere mortals stamp our foot down and the gearbox calculates the right amount of slip and perfect point to change up. However, manufacturer stated times are lab tests, so whatever...
  16. VCDS- Adaptive cruise control Cupra 300

It seems like these jobs are becoming increasingly difficult to pull off. I've not seen a single OEM retrofit for auto wipers, auto lights (when one or the other isn't installed). ACC, or anything else. Shame as retrofits was a great way to modifying your car without actually modifying it. I...
  17. Buying a car from a Seat Dealer - How did you pay?

Same thing, money laundering. I don't know the ins and outs, but had a friend who worked for a motor home place, and they always has this problem with retired folk, they would walk in with £60k cash and ask to walk away with it, couldn't be done! As mentioned, best to be prepared but the...
  18. Why does DSG transmission have manual shift?

It's for those who want to have a little "fun" in a way. I also find it useful when driving at slow speeds, engine can go up a gear but wont as it thinks i'm about to launch, so i knock it over, up and back again. Works a treat
  19. Caffyns SEAT- Tunbridge Wells

Russell sorted me out with my Leon, nice chap! Lovely dealership. I went in today about some post sales issues, however as they are still being dealt with I'll wait until resolved before passing judgement, however so far so good!
  20. just had the call

It's a brand new car, no need to worry! Just enjoy it!:D