Search results

1. YorkshirePud

Carista App

I don't know if this applies but i noted with a recent update that for one function (indicators) i changed you had to reset the settings for that option group to factory settings in the multimedia display. it did not reset anything else but the light settings. So possibly make your change in...
  2. YorkshirePud

Carista App

Well i noticed something interesting in a recent update on android. It now actually tells you that you may need to RESET factory defaults in certain settings before they take effect. Like i did wanting to change the indicatiors to 5 flashes. Previous app said nothing. Update did. Tried it and...
  3. YorkshirePud

Having electrical issues battery or stop/start

Well 2 months on and the car has been running fine! Even had my best mpg ever. 667 miles on one full tank of petrol haha. I'd definitely consider the matter closed now to be fair.
  4. YorkshirePud

Carista App

Smashing appreciate that, i know these devs can change the apps all the time. I will investigate it! still might sub to it even though i have carista. Which i kinda bought for an emergency.
  5. YorkshirePud

Upgrading boot light? Tricky to get bulb out of housing?

Cheers I've had the actual bulb holder out before no issues. I managed to snag a trim removal tool in the distant past. very handy ;)
  6. YorkshirePud

Carista App

I can't find anything on the google play store that matches that exactly but i found this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ovz.carscanner is that the correct app? Unfortunately i also forgot to cancel my trial with carista so i have it for 12 months now ha.
  7. YorkshirePud

No I am looking into upgrading the interior boot light. The car came with all LED lights fitted barring the reverse, rear fog and rear indicators. I've upgraded them with bulbs from HIDs direct. The video Bendy linked to was just what i needed.
  8. YorkshirePud

It's a 2014 model, so im guessing its the original mk3 as i have seen some facelifts before then. The manual is pretty vague unfortuntely. Ill look at that right now thanks!
  9. YorkshirePud

Morning all! I've recently upgraded the only exterior bulbs on my Leon that were not LED and was pleased with the supplier and quality of the bulbs so i thought i would turn my attention to the weeny rubbish interior boot light. I have seen a very awesome guide on installing a secondary LED...
  10. YorkshirePud

Carista App

The free subscription will be ending soon and im struggling to think of reasons to hang onto it now ive managed to diagnose a fault, fix it and done a few feature unlocks that i could. several of them don't seem to have worked though so im considering ending the subscription and maybe trying obd11
  11. YorkshirePud

Splendid good to know! Leeroy i myself didnt think my 1.2tsi had a battery issue initially. I had two AA patrols check the battery and also an ex colleague at a halfords and both testers said it was fine. I was shown the results as well. But here we are almost two weeks on with a new battery...
  12. YorkshirePud

Good find. i couldn't find a damn list anywhere for them! TU3 deffo is the original exide battery code as i can see it on my old battery. which is still in my boot. on the other matter of the battery type. i took this screen shot of carista yesterday.... so at least in my up to date android...
  13. YorkshirePud

Seems logical to change it if two people have suggested it! I will make sure i check when i next hop in the car, and if i can i shall! I've also posted in the carista thread since i've started tinkering with that. but thats another When i registered the new battery details using carista i just...
  14. YorkshirePud

Carista App

Howdy all. I picked up carista a week ago to help fix an issue with the car. Needed a new battery and used it to register a new battery. Knew it would come in usual for other things. I have a 1.2tsi 2014 sc se techpack. Changed a few things such as: Needle sweep lower the left mirror on...
  15. YorkshirePud

This has just reminded me to check the option for that in carista again before i set off out in car. But i should note its been fine while its been set to AGM. Happy to report the car's had an oil service and a looking at by my trusted garage. My guy has given everything the once over and aside...
  16. YorkshirePud

Of course, when i worked it halfords you quickly realised judging by the age of cars that were coming in for first batteries what the average was. Just couldn't believe how long the battery in my old focus kept going. I used to joke it must have come out of the ark of the covenant haha. even...
  17. YorkshirePud

That's some decent forward thinking. Not splashing out too much on the Leon as i am not sure now how long i will hold onto it for. Bit disgruntled ive had to change the battery so soon. The diesel ford focus i owned from new before this the battery lasted 10 years! absolute tank. Just an update...
  18. YorkshirePud

Given the fun i have been experiencing rum4mo i do not blame you! I will have a look at the weekend to see if there was a fleece option in the carista app. But i don't recall seeing it in the drop down box when configuring the battery. I would have picked AGM since i know that is what the...
  19. YorkshirePud

Not quite sure what you mean by "fleece?" i did change the battery type to AGM should it be fleece instead? Without trying to jinx things, the car has behaved over the last few days. Since i also went back in and edited the manufacturer code and serial number I've had no stop start errors...
  20. YorkshirePud

Thank you very much for the replies so far! The new battery is in and I re-registered the new battery with the manufacturer code YB <with a space after the B) and then as suggested upped the serial with one number. The new battery is an AGM I would have gone for a EFB but sadly Halfords don't...