Search results

1. PraiseTheSun

Juddering under load after spark plug/ignition coil replaced

So SEAT just called me. They undid the remap and done the tests again and it’s showing all fine. So the problem was the remap. Who knows if the company doing the remap ****** it up or this delicate engine just can’t handle being tuned any other way. Either way they says it’s fixed, he went for...
  2. PraiseTheSun

I spoke directly with the mechanic. He was very polite but I could tell by his half laughing half astonished voice he was upset, like he’s wasted time or the solution is super simple now. I’ll hear back in a few days and will update. Cheers.
  3. PraiseTheSun

Well the error code was originally for cyl2, which was cleared by changing the spark plugs/coil pack. Then a day later this juddering issue reared its head. To be honest I don't really mind if they wipe the remap, I am going to sell it as soon as they fix it. Very interested in Inifiniti and...
  4. PraiseTheSun

I just spoke with them, they were a little "upset" I didn't mention it had been remapped. To be honest it completely slipped my mind. They are going to re-flash the ECU and do the tests again. Welp, that's £250 for the remap down the drain.
  5. PraiseTheSun

So I took the car to SEAT. They tell there are no error codes, which is odd because I 100% saw the check engine light come on. They did some diagnostics and believe there is low pressure in cylinder 3. It is a 2010 car so it's possible the piston rings need replacing? They are going to do...
  6. PraiseTheSun

Hi, thanks for the replies. Sadly, I do not know which coil pack brand they used. The "zone" seems to be around 4,000rpm which I can avoid if I drive slowly. I do trust my garage as I have been going to them for almost 10 years with 4 different cars, but I'm seeing these engines are special...
  7. PraiseTheSun

Morning all, My 2010 Cupra was having issues last week with engine juddering, due to the famous engine misfiring issues. The fault codes were for multiple misfires on cylinder 2. My garage went ahead and changed the spark plugs and coil pack. This seemed to fix the issue for about day, and...
  8. PraiseTheSun

Aux bass noise

Have you tried turning down the bass and see if that does anything? You say you've tried a different aux cable, have you tried a different audio source?
  9. PraiseTheSun

Headlight Removal and Cleaning

Can you clarify if the dirt is inside the headlamp or not? If it's on the outside why do you need to remove the whole lamp? If it's on the inside the only reliable method I've seen of opening the lamps is to bake them in the oven until the sealant becomes loose enough to pry apart. And yeah...
  10. PraiseTheSun

Flasher/indicator relay

I've been looking online for an answer to this for months mate, please update us if you find it!
  11. PraiseTheSun

10 pin headlamp adaptor

Hi all, I've been searching online for this information for what seems like weeks. Does anyone have/know the layout for the 10 pin headlamp adapter? Through trial and error I know pin 9 is the indicator, but I'm trying to find the ground for the indicator so I can install some PY21W Led...
  12. PraiseTheSun

Hazard relay?

Hi mate, thanks for your reply. I'm not sure about the specifics of the ibiza, I've just read people have done this on other cars. I do have some resistors I can use, but I'm not sure which wire in the 10 pin headlamp adaptor is the turn signal ground. If it's the same as the vw golf of the...
  13. PraiseTheSun

Hazard relay?

Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade my indicator bulbs to LEDs. Instead of installing resistors, I've read you can upgrade your hazard relay to an LED compatible one. Anyone have any idea where this relay is installed, or any experience with led indicators/relays? Thanks!
  14. PraiseTheSun

How many left?

I've never seen another Ibiza Cupra on the road, I saw a white Bocenegra once but that's as close as I've come.
  15. PraiseTheSun

Switchback's Installed

So I recently installed some cheap £15 drl strips from AliExpress. I figured they may look a bit crap, but for £15 I took the risk. DRL: Switchback: May have to full-screen to see the full effect. I'm quit pleased with the result, they are surprisingly bright during day time. However...
  16. PraiseTheSun

Cupra/bocanegra fog grills

Anyone have any idea how to remove these? I tried turning the little allen key screw but it just rotates forever. I've found a lot of info online for the regular models but nothing on cupra/bocanegra. Pre face lift mk5. Any advice greatly appreciated!
  17. PraiseTheSun

Quoted MPG - how accurate is it?

I average about 32mpg in my 10 plate cupra which is a lot lower than seat claim. That's mostly to and from work on the A11.
  18. PraiseTheSun

Single Din HU in double din cage

Aloha, I'm upgrading my head unit and was wondering would a single din HU work in the double din cage supplied with a double din conversion kit? Obviously there'd be a big gap but you can get pockets or blank spacers . I have a decent pioneer 9600 single din I'd like to use whilst I save for...
  19. PraiseTheSun

PY21W Switch backs - will these work?

This is what I mean: The holder is just a piece of plastic, the connections must be made inside the assembly, where the buttom on the bulb is exposed - so these wont work as they are expecting the power for the indicator to be supplied via the holder, but in this case it's just a holder...
  20. PraiseTheSun

PY21W Switch backs - will these work?

Thanks for the reply. I get that the bulb goes into the socket, effectively replacing the bulb and holder. But that isn't what image 4 is showing, it's showing a bayonet connection being plugged into the original holder. You're referencing step 6 I think. Is not the holder just a piece of...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.