Search results

1. CV joint replacement

What are you planning on doing, are you replacing the outer CV joint or the whole driveshaft? I'll throw this your way to give you a rough idea what to expect if replacing the CV joint: http://www.benplace.com/cv_joint_maintenance.htm If you haven't got one of these you'll need this: 36mm 1/2...
  2. CV joint replacement

If you decide to take on the CV/driveshaft I can give you an idea on what's involved. Chris
  3. CV joint replacement

Hi, Yesterday I swapped out a passenger side drive shaft (6Q0407271CE) for a used one off eBay, delivered for £25. My car is a 2006 PD130 FR. You'll probably be better off doing that than replacing the CV joint as it's a messy job dealing with grease and ball bearings. I replaced the outer CV...
  4. FR tdi coolant leak on heater matrix pipes???

Found the o ring part number: N 90890501 size 17.12mm x 2.62mm https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115-IMPERIAL-O-RING-10-PACK-SIZE-17-12MM-ID-X-2-62W-/290594540785
  5. FR tdi coolant leak on heater matrix pipes???

Hi, my Ibiza FR tdi had exactly the same problem as yours. You can go ahead and replace the o rings (I don't have the part number to hand, sorry). However, in my experience and with others, it'll continue to leak - in my case even worse. I know what you're thinking - new o rings should be the...
  6. Matrix pipe O-Rings

Hi, Part number N90890501, or look on eBay for Bs115 17.12mm ID X 2.62MM. Good luck sealing those pipes.
  7. MOT Advisory information last year

Result! At least it's passed and now the pressure is off. Let us know how you get on fixing it.
  8. air con issuses, pulling my sweaty hair out!!

Hi, press econ and recirculate buttons on the climatronic to enter the diagnostic setup. Use temp dial to scroll through present faults. For a faulty ac pressure switch you will see code 31 8, then press and hold econ button to do a reset.
  9. Finally joined

Fellas, get your cars remapped. I recently bought a MPPS V16 cable from eBay and the 165hp map from Blacksmoke - both together £60. She hauls asss now....
  10. Can I put a ibiza from tdi gearbox into my cupra tdi

This one? Ebay item number 142357509460
  11. Newcomer

Hello and welcome, Happy future tinkering! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  12. mk4 FR ibiza 5dr!

Hi there, I recently bought a Mk4 FR Ibiza PD130, and that is also my first diesel too (had enough of gas guzzlers). Perhaps start to purchase your own tools and tackle some of the routine jobs on the car. Caution! tool buying is addictive!
  13. Hi all

Hello there, Take a look at the readers rides section, there's tons of info to wade through. Chris
  14. Greetings from Finland

Hello, greetings from the UK. Looking forward to your car pictures.
  15. Hi Guys

:D Hi, welcome to the site. I'm new too!
  16. 2006 Ibiza FR 130 PD

Yeah, change is as good as a rest, as they say. Well, I've already started to straighten this car out trying to get it up to normal standard, i.e. fresh oil, new air and fuel filter. Oh, nearly forgot - pollen filter too. None of the above has been done for ages judging by the colour of the...
  17. 2006 Ibiza FR 130 PD

Yeah, you're right. But no disrespect to the Ibiza because it's a cracking little car and I'm happy with it. The Volvo has all the bells and whistles, is quick, comfortable and refined it has it's downsides: very thirsty (22mpg avg), expensive parts and unexpectedly unreliable. I've had the...
  18. 2006 Ibiza FR 130 PD

Hi, my name is Chris and I'm a Gemini, and I like a girl who... er, sorry wrong forum.. HA! Let me start again, properly. I bought the Ibiza (FH06 SFU) at the beginning of April from a guy in Colywn Bay. He'd only had it a few weeks as a stop gap car as he was waiting on an insurance payout...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.