Search results

1. EGR Solenoid/P0403 issue

Doh. Well, after 3 or 4 months fault free driving after the service, the fault has stated to rear it's ugly head again. It's now happening once every 3 or 4 journeys. I'm just wondering what the garage could have done in a routine service to stop the error for three months :confused:
  2. EGR Solenoid/P0403 issue

Thought I'd post a little update in here in case anyone finds this post in a search. Nothing worse than an unfinished story! After my last post I didn't change any of the solenoids, nor did I take the car to a garage to get it looked at. I simply used my £20 obd2 scanner to reset the codes...
  3. EGR Solenoid/P0403 issue

I've had a little play under the bonnet this morning. Pretty sure I've found the solenoid I was looking for. Here's the engine (with cover removed). Im pretty sure the egr vacuum solenoid is the part with the green and yellow wires coming out of it. (Remove the spaces from the links)...
  4. Anyone else sick of 50 shades of grey (cars)?

Love my storm grey Leon
  5. EGR Solenoid/P0403 issue

Thanks for the advice, I hadn't heard that about the valves and injectors etc, but I always thought the "We've suddenly found a way to fix the emissions scandle with no downsides to power or economy." line was a bit too good to be true, hence I was planning on steering clear anyway! I'm on...
  6. EGR Solenoid/P0403 issue

Hi CRNeo No I haven't. Would that make any difference do you think?
  7. EGR Solenoid/P0403 issue

Hi all, I've got a 2012 mk2 Leon Fr+ 2.0 CR TDI 170. In the last couple of weeks it's developed an intermittant fault whereby every few journeys the glow plug light starts flashing and the car goes into limp mode. Very frustrating! I've read the OBD code with my little hand held...