Search results

1. Headlight condensation is this normal?

I dried mine out by removing the rear caps and directing a hair drier on low into the headlight. Worked nicely!!
  2. Switching interior lights to LED

Tried a couple of interior LED lights but found them too bright at night. Just left the glove compartment one in the end.
  3. Warning sign on cruise control (Cupra 280)

Had this on my Golf GTI. Would reactivate if the ignition was switched off then on but not possible on the motorway! Had to replace the stalk eventually as the CC switch was only working intermittently and cut out when I used the indicators. Some Golf forum members have managed to get it working...
  4. Anyone dyno’d MY19 Cupra in standard form?

I have found that V-power leaves virtually no 'soot' at the exhaust tips with Momentum slightly more. Not sure if this means much? Perhaps more complete combustion? Found a lot of regular fuels leave lots of soot so these are the only ones I use these days.
  5. Anyone dyno’d MY19 Cupra in standard form?

Slightly off the subject but noticed that Momentum has 5% ethanol. Is V power the same?
  6. EVOTSI issues

The 1.5 EVO 150 has higher gearing than the outgone 1.4 150 so less fun to drive unless you rev it much higher in gears.
  7. Subtle add on

That looks a lot neater! Was surprised that SEAT did not have an engine cover.
  8. 2016 Leon fr 1.4

I have access to the same car. They are better than the later 1.5 eco - gearing was changed for the worse so better off with the 1.4. Great car.
  9. Speeding !!!!!!!!

Saw a Cupra doing about a ton going north on the A38 at Ripley on Saturday evening. Probably not a member of this forum!!
  10. Approved warranty not covering full cost of repairs!

Issues with shocks appear to be a Seat problem at first or second MOT. Some times pass with the comment they are 'misting'. https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/all-4-shocks-failed-at-40k.449609/#post-4834770
  11. It's not a Leon, but it's illuminating

180mph not bad!
  12. Driver window rattle

Sorry to raise this again but also have this problem with the driver door glass when fully closed. Looks like the rubber seal at the bottom of the window has become unseated but cannot get it to stay in place. Suggestions to sort this much appreciated.
  13. Tyre recommendation for fr 1.4 st

The height of the tyre affects the speedo. It will give false slow readings.
  14. MiB1 Speed Cameras

Needs to be able to access satellite signals and you need to be able to see the light output so footwell probably wont work.
  15. MiB1 Speed Cameras

Yes does need a 5v power supply. Mine is attached to the dash with Velcro.
  16. Dynamic rear turn lights

Thanks guys. Saved myself some money from what has been said.
  17. Dynamic rear turn lights

Sorry if this has been raised before but could not find a thread dealing with this. Has anyone experience of fitting these? Would like to see them in action if you have. https://www.carsystems.eu/seat-leon-5f-dynamic-tail-lights-led-adapter-kit-rear-led-dynamic-turn-lights,id3039.html
  18. MiB1 Speed Cameras

It is accurate to a few metres and spot on for speed - it beeps if you are over the limit near a camera if set for this. It can warn of mobile sites if set. Covers Europe. Uses 9 satellites for GPS location which is better that many detectors. Can be hard wired or use the 12v socket. Can set the...
  19. Keep the diesel or opt for a petrol?

The price of nearly new diesel cars has dropped so if you are happy with diesel you may want to go for another? Doubt you would get 40mpg from a petrol 1.8 TSI (true mpg about 36). A 1.4 petrol 150 EVO would give you about 45mpg and is not slow. On fuel costs with the mileage you do petrol is...
  20. MiB1 Speed Cameras

You can buy aftermarket speed camera detectors quite cheaply and they can be updated for free for lifetime. I use the v4 which is quite small: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inforad-Warning-rechargeable-battery-detector/dp/B001IWOKVE
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise