Search results

1. Trip computer resetting itself

I've had a similar issue in my 2017 Ibiza - after working fine for a couple of years, the clock started to jump to some random time every few days. I didn't notice any regularity in when it happened and to what time it jumped. The date would stay correct. The dealer fixed it by putting new...
  2. New Seat Ibiza FR Plus

Subwoofer can't be located just by the ear, due to the wavelength of low frequencies or something like that. If you are hearing regular or extra amount of bass, it means it's working. Basically it's adjusted on the bass slider on the EQ, I think I keep mine on +2. Are you sure you've got the...
  3. Under bonnet soundproofing & oil usage

Mine at least didn't have any (visible) soundproofing under the bonnet. Maybe there is some inside the firewall.
  4. Under bonnet soundproofing & oil usage

I have some Dynamat soundproofing under the bonnet. It's difficult to say whether it's doing anything. In my opinion, far more noise is generated from the tires than the engine.
  5. Ibiza Beats Audio - EQ settings

Mids and Treble at 0/neutral. I think I've set Bass to +3; but there is no ideal setting, this is too little for some songs, yet too much for others. And I'm too lazy to fiddle with the radio menus to adjust it all the time. Generally I'm very happy with the sound. I don't know about breaking in...
  6. Little annoying things about your Ibiza???

I would like to be able to adjust the volume on the radio in more fine steps. Of course how loud I want it depends on the amount of road noise and loudness of a particular song, just sometimes I have to choose between setting the volume to either too loud or not loud enough, there is simply...
  7. Window Rattle

Everything: doors, boot, floor, roof, bonnet; some heavy rubbery material as the base + noise insulation foam sheets. It took about a week. The only place they've refused to touch was the firewall, supposedly too complex to access and/or disassemble. Indeed, even to me it looks impossible to do...
  8. Window Rattle

Got soundproofing installed. No rattles anymore, anywhere. I'd guess it was some loose wire or something, that's now kept tight by the soundproofing. Though it did not eliminate all the road noise, it's lower intensity now, and I can listen to music on normal loudness levels.
  9. Window Rattle

Same here. End of the month I'm going to an audio store to get some soundproofing installed, I'll report if that has helped with window rattle too (and what specifically they did around the window, if anything).
  10. Ibiza front parking sensors

From my previous experience, Zubak in Velika Gorica should be willing to get the parts. At least I assume that could be an option for you based on user interface language in the screenshots.
  11. Instrument Cluster/Gauges Plastic

Not sure if this is going to be useful: there is a guy on Youtube who fixes toy cars, and among other things, fixes scratches and polishes "windows", which is just a piece of soft transparent plastics in a model. Maybe his procedures - using some kind of polishing paste, and a floor polishing...
  12. Rear wind deflector issue

Mine are very slowly dropping out, so I have to force them back into place every 1-2 months. I think none of the clips fell out, though actually I don't remember how many were there. Opening and closing windows works fine. Overall they're fine - I don't mind adjusting them now and then, and I...
  13. Infotainment Fail To Start

I've discovered a new "feature": yesterday I couldn't change the volume. Neither on the radio, nor on the steering wheel; neither to make it louder or quieter. Fortunately the problem is easy to solve by turning the radio off and then back on.
  14. Infotainment Fail To Start

Interesting... sure these are high temperatures for people, but they are perfectly normal for the electronics. It should eventually shut down at 70-90 degrees C. So either some protection circuit is too sensitive, or the radio has extraordinary bad cooling.
  15. Mud flaps - anyone got them? Any good?

I've got the mud flaps installed by the dealer before I took the car. Hard to say how useful they actually are - I'd guess they reduce the amount of dirt by 10-20%? Many of the roads here where I live got recently repaved, so before that I was glad I've got the flaps to help at least a little...
  16. TPMS useless?

About 0.2 miles - it was a big puncture, an M5 or M6 screw, I think. I don't remember if I've reset the pressure setting on the HU - generally I do that, and follow the prescribed service intervals. It's possible I've forgot and the system was set to (slightly) lower pressures of the summer tires.
  17. TPMS useless?

Fair enough, now that I understand it better, it seems the system is working as designed. I've had one or two slow punctures earlier on another car, so these things apparently happen often enough to justify the TPWS.
  18. TPMS useless?

Yesterday I've got a flat tire, a metal screw punctured it. I've got a warning from an aftermarket TPMS system immediately as the pressure started dropping; the built-in system gave no indication at all that anything was wrong. I've managed to find a place to park when the pressure dropped to...
  19. False boot floor

It's possible to get one from a dealer, one needs the floor board and two matching side panels that hold it in place. They quoted me a price of roughly 1000 euros for all three items. :no:
  20. Wind Deflectors

Those should be fine, if you search the forum there are already a couple of threads with keyword 28244.