Search results

1. SteveGSXR600K1

Carlinkit 5.0 2air (Android Auto) - Before I chuck it out of the window......

After all that fannying about, it was the USB cable! The one that came with it was rubbish. Works perfect now. Been for two 30 min drives and no dropouts, nothing. Have to test it tomorrow with CarPlay, but not expecting any issues. I got the Carlinkit 5.0 2air from AliExpress for £31.30 and...
  2. SteveGSXR600K1

It does the same connect/discoonect loop even when the 2air is plugged into a mobile charger or laptop, so I'll rule out the car for now. Going to charge up a Samsung A12 and see what that does. I've not tried it in the car, but my son's iPhone 13 connected fine when it was on a mobile charger...
  3. SteveGSXR600K1

Hi all, My Samsung S23 Ultra works perfect when connected wired to my Leon 2016 with Android Auto. I fancied converting it to wireless so I didn't have to fanny about plugging my phone in, putting it in the cradle, etc. I had a look about and chose the Carlinkit 5.0 2air as it is CarPlay and...
  4. SteveGSXR600K1

DSG Service & Recall - Undo the recall?

Each time I go in for a service, I have to sign a letter to say I'm refusing the 23CJ update. When I said it was remapped, they said they wouldn't put the update on as they've had problems before with remapped cars. I'm assuming it's just updating sections of the ECU rather than a complete wipe...
  5. SteveGSXR600K1

DSG Service & Recall - Undo the recall?

My SEAT dealer has tried to get me to have it installed twice now, but I've refused each time as it would wipe my remap.
  6. SteveGSXR600K1

Aero pack & dual exhaust kit

The rear spoiler transforms the look of the MK3's. Shame that even the genuine SEAT spoilers aren't a great fit. It is the proper 5-door version. I had mine professionally fitted, but it was a chap on his own, so when he aligned one side up the other side was a bit out, and then it was too...
  7. SteveGSXR600K1

Leon MK3 control for emission control system stays up until engine start

I'm sure that's just what most people refer to as the engine check light. The lights do what you've described and then the engine light should go out once the engine starts. If it stays on, then you've gone an issue.
  8. SteveGSXR600K1

seat leon fr 2017 facelift backup camera install

I don't know why SEAT didn't put the reverse camera in the boot latch like VW did on the Golf's. Probably cost, but it's a perfect design to keep it clean over the Winter months.
  9. SteveGSXR600K1

Panoramic sunroof stuck

If serviced at SEAT (or possibly an Independent), the panoramic sunroof is part of the cars service schedule. This would include cleaning/re-greasing runners, unblocking drainpipes, etc.I guess this is what could happen over the years if it doesn't get looked at during a service.
  10. SteveGSXR600K1

Misfuel device

This comes up if you Google it, https://www.seat.com/car-terms/m/misfuel-prevention-device
  11. SteveGSXR600K1

Auto lights turn on during the day / too soon

Does that just turn the side lights on permanently, so the two LED above the rear view mirror are on, the centre console switches are lit, etc? I remeber trying it with Carista, but it never worked. There is a 'Scandinavian DRL' option in OBDeleven, but I've not tried it.
  12. SteveGSXR600K1

Engine shaking Even after Glowplug replacement

Have you scanned the car for any faults? I'd say it's either the glow plug circuit relay or the glowplug with the sensor. Have a look on YouTube for videos on how to test them with a voltmeter.
  13. SteveGSXR600K1

Water Leaking through bonnet release

If you have your car serviced with SEAT, they would add a panroof service every 2 years. I've not got one, but have read they change alot extra for this!
  14. SteveGSXR600K1

Engine shaking Even after Glowplug replacement

My 184FR engine used to shake the car when the outside temperature was below zero and I left it running to warm up whilst I de-iced the windows. The glowplug circuit runs for something like 5 mins or when the coolant get to 25oC (sominthing like that). If I was still de-icing after 5 mins, it...
  15. SteveGSXR600K1

Water Leaking through bonnet release

Do you have a sunnroof? Use the search function at the top of the forum page as all the possibilities for leaking footwells have been raised before.
  16. SteveGSXR600K1

Can you put a 2020 radio screen in 2015 model replacing screen only as my current one has frozen and need replaced thanks

Go to the Sponsors section and talk to East Yorkshire Retrofit Solutions.
  17. SteveGSXR600K1

Leaking sunroof

Ever thought of trying Google..... https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Unplug+a+sunroof+drain+-+front+and+rear+-+Seat+Leon+MK3-5F+-+Volkswagen+Golf/111385
  18. SteveGSXR600K1

Start/stop failure and EPC light

Have you had the car long? The Stop/Start only works when several conditions have been met like car up to a reasonable temp, battery not under load from air con, etc. It sounds like either the battery is on its way out, or it has been changed and not coded in. Start with @tracktoy's suggestion...
  19. SteveGSXR600K1

Drl not turning off

Unless someone's been fiddling with coding them off, DRL's are supposed to be permanently on daytime or night, but go to (I think) 50% brightness when the headlights are on. That's how the LED strip DRL's work. As yours have halogen bulbs, do you just have the DRL bulb in the corner of the...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise