Search results

1. paradisiac82

Does this sound like a leak?

Put stock airbox back on and no BOV so does this sound like an air leak on lift off or is that just normal turbo noise?
  2. paradisiac82

Few issues

Hi, So been giving the leon a bit of a run and got a few things to check. Firstly: Is this common and just a case of buying a new one? Secondly: Any ideas? Also... Does this fuel trim look ok? And any idea why fuel gauge does this? And finally do these look ok, the requested vs...
  3. paradisiac82

Wheel wobble

So yesterday I got new tyres all round and got the wheels balanced. I drove it for the first time (tyres were perished so didn't risk it) since buying it and get wheel wobble between 60 and 70. Obviously should be able to rule out tyres and balancing, what else could cause it? They said the...
  4. paradisiac82

Upgrade advice

Hi, looking to do a few upgrades. Not got a massive budget but dont want to buy cheap and end up buying twice. Looking at the handling mainly so thinking front and rear ARB, any difference in makes (pro/con) between h&r and white line? Also looking at coilovers had pro sport before but they...
  5. paradisiac82

Centre section

Hi, After fitting a centre section without a muffler on my 1.8t cupra. Other than cupra ones which will be a direct fit and are the petrol and diesel sections different? (Golf mk4, a3 mk1, octavia, passat) as prices seem to be for for leon bits
  6. paradisiac82

Subframe

What subframes fit a 2002/2003 cupra 1.8t? Will any non 4wd mk4 golf, mk1 a3, mk1 tt fit or are they different depending on engine and fuel type?
  7. paradisiac82

Dial repair

Hi, Is there any way to easily repair the screen on the dials as mine is missing numbers, without replacing the whole thing as I believe that would need coding in
  8. paradisiac82

Quick random question

So, I hadn't noticed this but a friend pointed it out the other day, when the hazards are on, why is there a 1 in the middle of the two arrows?
  9. paradisiac82

Couple of annoying problems

So bought a "project" cupra, thinking wouldn't be too hard to get on the road. How wrong was I?!?! Sorted out most of the main big issues, however, what I thought was just replacing the dogbone mount turns out they also snapped a bolt off in the subframe. Have tried drilling and easy out, but...
  10. paradisiac82

Clutch pedal replacement

Hey, Does anyone have a how to on removing and refitting the clutch pedal. My plastic retainer has worn through so needs replacing
  11. paradisiac82

Auq supporting mods

Not long got a leon 1.8T, it needs work to get it back on the road so slowly ticking off the list. Plan is to ideally get it to 270bhp-300bhp. I know being an AUQ this will need a fair bit of upgrades. From what I gather I need: Fmic Cupra r injectors Cupra r fpr (4 bar) Cupra r fuel pump Cupra...
  12. paradisiac82

Clutch pedal

Hi, Bought a mk1 cupra, needs work doing to it so slowly working through the list. Quick question, clutch pedal drops to about half way within pressure, then from half way to the floor has pressure. When you lift off the clutch it settles at half way, it doesnt return to fully up. Any suggestions?
  13. paradisiac82

Locking issues

The key fob that came with my mk1 Leon has never worked, doesn't even flash with new batteries, so I ordered one off ebay which does flash but won't program. I have used vag com and it says only 1 key is set which I assume is the original, but it won't let me change it to 2 (free version). Does...
  14. paradisiac82

My MK1 Leon Sport/SE

So I have had many cars before, my last one being a MK4 Golf GTTDI (PD150) but missed the petrol so got a Leon 1.8T. It had faulty KO3 replaced with a KO3S and is much better now although still needs work. It had the wheels and was lowered when I got it but want to change the wheels.
  15. paradisiac82

Turbo replacement

On the 1.8t can the turbo be swapped from the top or do I need to remove driveshafts and all and go through the bottom? Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  16. paradisiac82

Sluggish

Bought my Leon MK1 1.8T (APP) last week and needs a bit of work. Car seems to be slow accelerating especially in 5th and 6th gear at 4k rpm it seems to hesitate and take an age to go up. MPG seems really low too, I know these aren't great but it can use £6 of fuel in under 10 miles if I put my...
  17. paradisiac82

Running rough

Hi, Bought my Leon MK1 1.8T (APP) last week and needs a bit of work. Car wouldnt run with MAF connected it idled then died and when it did run it was jerky but ran 'ok' unplugged. Did a scan and had some errors, including MAF, replaced MAF with second hand one and cleared the codes. Car is...
  18. paradisiac82

Lateral Acceleration Sensor (G200)

Where is this located on the leon? I can do d it for audi's but struggling to find where it is the leon. Is it under steering column cover like the TT and beetle? Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  19. paradisiac82

Any ideas what DV this Is?

As title suggests, looking at pics I think it looks like a recirc not a blow off, but the recirc hose has been cut... Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk