Search results

1. Longevity of Michelin PS4 tyres ?

Out of curiosity, what PSI do you keep yours at? I also have a 184 fr, on 18inch. Estate
  2. Clunk from O/S front

Yes I've had this... and weirdly it's disappeared in the last few weeks since i've moved house... At my previous house I used to park on my driveway and would always have to take a sharp left turn to get out, off a curb and onto road. I would always get this horrible clunk noise, a few meters...
  3. Retro fit auto lights

From the off 0 position, push in. Then turn to the right about 5mm, [about half way between 0 and the first headlamp selection]. It should stop. Then you should be able to just pull the whole thing out. Photo instructions here...
  4. Retro fit auto lights

Installed mine yesterday. Was an absolute **** to put the side plastic panel/trim back on. I kept bending the little plastic connectors trying to re-attach them. Also a metal connector from one of them pinged off somewhere inside, never to be seen again haha! Other than that, 10 minute job...
  5. OBDeleven modifications

Same boat. This thread has helped me out, and meant avoding coding: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=443686
  6. Retro fit auto lights

Nice one, thanks. I'm all about the ease these days, ordered!
  7. Retro fit auto lights

Interesting! Does this negate the need to code through OBDeleven then? I changed the sensor above my mirror, from regular humidity sensor it came with, to a Humidity+Light+Rain sensor in order to get my auto wipers working. They worked with no coding, like a charm. I was under the impression...
  8. Reasonance between 65-80mph

My mechanic a while ago tried and said no problems when I mentioned the noise in passing. Although he did say he can't 'hand spin the wheels at 60mph' to see if there's a problem. Not particularly helpful! Any luck? I've just had a set of 4 new Pilot Sports added to mine, so I know 100%...
  9. Quick Question about fuel

V Power for me, in Diesel 184 FR. Revo to 230 or whatever. No complaints. Happily pay the extra few hundred quid a year to know that it's getting the best fuel and is running great. Get anywhere between 410 - 500+miles a tank depending on what kind of driving i'm doing between fill ups (long...
  10. FR 184 - Revo Stage 1

Very very happy with mine. Couldn't go back to stock. I did experiment with a DTUK box before and although it's not as immediately aggressive as that, it's a damn sight more consistent with no engine light warnings at all. Very smooth to drive with a real kick when you need it to go when in 2nd...
  11. Reasonance between 65-80mph

I have a resonating sound, but mine starts a little lower, perhaps from 50mph onwards, getting progressively more frequent the faster you go. Very annoying on motorway miles. For me, i'm 90% sure it's the wheel bearing. (Tell me if i'm wrong!) I hit a gigantic pot hole a few months ago, which...
  12. Dilemma: Remapped Cupra 290 servicing indie vs dealer

I'm also pretty interested in this. I own my car, no lease, if that makes a difference. I know i should have waiting until after the warranty expired... but i'm not a patient man, clearly! So out of curiosity, what is worst case scenario?! I.e You have a freshly re-mapped engine (Revo in my...
  13. Remaps

I had my mk3 184 FR Revo tuned a few weeks ago, no complaints and very very pleased! The Black Friday deal was too good to resist (25% off ) as i'd been umming and ahhhing for months about pulling the trigger. Apparently they are now only holding 1 discount a year (Black Friday), possibly 2, but...
  14. Dtuk box has arrived

I have a CRD3+ for sale if you want one? Only ran it for a month, so it's basically brand new. These things don't really 'wear out' as they're just a load of computer chips and a few wires. Absolutely no problem with the box itself, but my engine didn't really agree with it. I've written...
  15. Touchscreen and computer stopped responding to input

Mines also started playing up sporadically, will randomly go into radio settings by itself, in and out again. Only during first few minutes of start-up and only in the last week. I too assume it's the sudden temperature drop!
  16. Depreciation

Bought a 15 plate 'MY16' 184 DSG ST in June 2016, with 6000 miles on the clock, ex fleet car for £16,750 The current valuation with 27,000miles seems to be around £11k - £11.5k private sell. So around £5500 depreciation in 16 months. Taking into consideration the £500 in interest I paid on a...
  17. Leaving a lease early?

A mate of mine is on a lease deal and is under the impression that 'legally' you can get out of a lease a lot easier once you are past the half way mark due to some ownership technicality. Not massively helpful I know, but thought i'd mention it, worth looking into. Also i'd be wary on what...
  18. Miles per tank

I've been running V-Power on every fill up for the past 8 months probably. Noticed a difference of about 2-3mpg improvement... whether that's worth the cost difference... probably not but I've started so I'll finish! For me knowing that i'm putting the best stuff into my car out weighs the few...
  19. REVO remap and dealer servicing/warranty work

I'm also looking at a Remap, selling the DTUK box. Any idea how often Revo seem to discount? Is it the case I just need to just keep checking the website from time to time?! That SPS gadget looks pretty nift, quite expensive tho, when pricing up for my 184 TDI it was £500 for just the remap...
  20. Who has got their Fr tdi's mapped-options/recommendations

DTUK Box: Issues: I've made a few posts about it previous, a few posts down: seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433462&page=2 (Not enough posts to posts link yet sorry!) Just a bit fed up with it to be honest. Without the box installed, absolutely no problems. So I was thinking I'd quite...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.