Search results

1. weasley

Newbie to mk 3 lighting question

Yes. And to the other point, the middle position is for parking lights. The warning lets you know that the lights will stay on all the time, in case you didn’t want that.
  2. weasley

Newbie to mk 3 lighting question

Stops you getting a flat battery. Lots of cars do this.
  3. weasley

Front radar

For the 'too close' warning there is no audible sign, just a small icon replacing the odometer; it is barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. From the manual:
  4. weasley

Front radar

You can also see it working if you tailgate a car too closely - you get a 'too close' icon in the bottom-left corner of the DIS.
  5. weasley

Annoying Rattle / Clicking from Rear (Interior)

I have recently found exactly the same thing - the rear seat latch on the RHS. I found it is more of a creak than a rattle (so it happens as the latch slides along the loop, rather than being a rattle of a loose catch). I haven't yet fixed it but plan to start with a bit of GT85 or similar to...
  6. weasley

2.0tdi shudder when turning off

Could it be the dual mas flywheel?
  7. weasley

External Hard Drive as Music Source?

I am using an old iPod Video (5th gen) for this - it is essentially an HDD with some user software on it. Works fine; you can pick them up cheap and the car recognises it as an iPod and gives you all the controls you want to play music in various ways, plus manage it via iTunes if you want to...
  8. weasley

Front Assist not working

That's when mine has done it - car in front slowing to turn, I judged I could pass it without having to brake, car thought otherwise. So far just the red warning and alarm, no auto-braking... yet.
  9. weasley

FR 1.4 150 Ecotsi - engine rattling during ACT mode

That is not right. One thing I have always said about the ACT engine is that you can barely tell that it is doing anything. At low speeds and light loads I can just about notice a slight change to the engine note, but not always. Yours needs looking at.
  10. weasley

Help finding gearbox code

From what I can tell it uses the MQ250 gearbox (is it 5-speed?). I think the VW oil for that is G052171.
  11. weasley

Insurance hike - remap

It's a good point, but does OP have a DSG?
  12. weasley

Engine oil help please

Check Amazon for the oil mentioned or EDGE Professional Longlife III 5W-30
  13. weasley

Engine oil help please

This. Regardless of the service interval you need to have an oil with VW 504 00/507 00 specification on it, because you have a DPF that demands a lower ash oil. SEAT recommend Castrol.
  14. weasley

What oil does 1.2 TSI 110 hp use?

Well as it’s a TSi it’ll either be 502 00 for fixed service intervals or 504 00 for variable service intervals. 507 00 is a diesel spec (but always comes bundled with 504 00).
  15. weasley

DIY hardwire dashcam installation

On the two camera thing, I recently picked up a Bike Bro motorcycle DVR with two bullet cams; I’ve yet to fit it to my bike but it looks nicely made and I think would easily be fitted to a car - the cameras are tiny and would be easy to locate inside or out, the DVR could be put wherever you...
  16. weasley

Yeah, I intend to get a different hardwire kit - just using a generic Chinese one which was fine in my Yeti but this didn’t have DAB. I also don’t like that it has a low voltage cutout, presumably to prevent draining the battery if left live but the low voltage limit is obviously set a bit too...
  17. weasley

I fitted a front one a few weeks back and it has seriously dented DAB reception. I gather this is because I ran the power cable up the passenger A pillar - I intend to try and find an alternative route, perhaps along the bottom of the windscreen and up the driver's pillar.
  18. weasley

Brand new car fan running at norm temp

Lets be clear, it will only be a DPF regen if you have a diesel. You guys with TSi engines doing this, it is something else. Could just be cooling down after a spirited run, or could be something else.
  19. weasley

Attention anyone due to collect new car!!

Better stay out of the car then. And your house. In fact, you’ll need to leave the planet altogether and go somewhere in deep space. There are myriad electromagnetic radiation sources around you all the time: your phone, WiFi, Bluetooth, TV, radio, DAB, electrically-induced noise, radar...
  20. weasley

Attention anyone due to collect new car!!

Hmmm..... if I had one I might not let them touch it. It’s like the VW diesel thing... millions of cars sent out in an illegal state but nothing forced them to be recalled or updated. I refused the update on my Yeti.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.