Search results

1. jdubya

Newbie to-do's

Great point made here about the dealer just fitting ‘new’ tyres - ask them specifically what they will fit (was the car on its OEM) tyres when you signed up for it? If the dealer is unsure really press the point and ask that if you contributed would they fit ‘proper’ tyres I.e. Michelin or...
  2. jdubya

advice on cambelt for cupra 300 17 plate

If a genuine Seat dealer doesn’t know if your engine is chain or belt driven then I know I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them! They are clearly only in it for the money so I would research a good local VAG independent and entrustthem with your beastie.
  3. jdubya

Leon ST Boot Mat

Leave this with me and I’ll get out in my garage later to take some photos 👍
  4. jdubya

Leon ST Boot Mat

Yes as it came out of my Cupra ST 👍
  5. jdubya

300 ST Res Delete Pipe

So my Cupra was a FWD variant and after checking the Progressive Parts website to better answer your question it’s a bit vague 😖😖 It reads that the 300 ST 4Drive would need a second clamp as the OEM pipe is a different diameter - can’t comment on that to confirm but the picture attached might...
  6. jdubya

Leon ST Boot Mat

Genuine Leon ST plastic boot mat for sale - sold car so no requirement to keep. Excellent condition £25.00 ovno
  7. jdubya

300 ST Res Delete Pipe

VAGSport Seat Leon Cupra 300 ST Res Delete pipe (and clamp) Version 2 for sale - removed as sold my Cupra. Gives the exhaust a nice raspy sound without being intrusive or droney. Excellent condition £70.00 ovno 👍
  8. jdubya

Leon ST Boot Floor Carpet Inlay

I’m after the boot carpet inlay/sound deadening for an ST that would sit directly on top of the metal boot floor under the false floor board - I think this is “standard” on an Excellence model but would like one for my Cupra to quieten the road noise. Anyone possibly got one that they may want...
  9. jdubya

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

😵‍💫
  10. jdubya

Quiet exhaust advice

@DamoH put up a great diagram outlining the various exhausts on Cupra’s - Might help with understanding which exhaust set up you have - it helped me 😝
  11. jdubya

Quiet exhaust advice

For what it’s worth MaverickCoop I fitted the VAGSport res delete pipe from Progressive Parts (who are a site sponsor so you’ll get a discount mentioning the forum) and it gives the exhaust a nice raspy sound - much better than before but not really loud or intrusive 👍
  12. jdubya

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

In a break from the persistent 🤬 rain I had a window of opportunity to give the 300 a mid year oil and filter change 😍 Is it just me but how satisfying is it watching the dirty oil drain out to then pour in some lovely clean fully synthetic Longlife III oil 👍 She’s a happy Cupra today 👏👏
  13. jdubya

Creaking Cupra

Hi R.Bot - it’s defo from suspension as already resolved noisy door seals but thanks for the advice 👍
  14. jdubya

Creaking Cupra

I’m after a bit of advice & guidance here people - my 2017 300 ST (with 25000 miles) has started creaking from the rear suspension when driving. The strange thing is that when going over speed bumps (slowly of course 🤪) and “general” undulations in the road the suspension is quiet, however when...
  15. jdubya

Cupra Sensitive to Road Camber

Exactly Damo H - I’m struggling to find someone in my area who I can trust to do a 4 wheel check/adjust alignment. Local tyre firms may have the gear but if the operator doesn’t know how to use it then it could actually come back worse than when it went in 😖 Called my local dealer but no...
  16. jdubya

Strange Rubber Seal Issue

👍 Coolio
  17. jdubya

100% Mr Pig - IMO there is a bigger issue that the dealership will attempt to mask by claiming a new seal for a water ingress bogus warranty repair! Rowan83 did you raise a case with Seat CC and send them the photo’s? Just out of interest does your tailgate let in any moisture? For me the...
  18. jdubya

Hi Rowan83, can’t say for sure what may/could’ve caused this - poor manufacture of the actual seal (unlikely as it is very localised), poor alignment of the tailgate (again unlikely as I’m sure you would’ve noticed issues with tailgate opening/closing or squeaking/creaking of the tailgate whilst...
  19. jdubya

Wow - that is really strange Rowan83 as it looks like the boot seal has worn away and the resulting rusty area shown is the internal metal “gripper” that holds the seal to the flange on the bodywork. Have a look at the corresponding area of the tailgate to see if the paint is damaged there. It...
  20. jdubya

ECO Mode

Hi RadioTwo, I’ve got a 2017 Cupra 300 ST (manual gearbox) and I always leave the “drive mode” in “Cupra” (for obvious reasons 😝) - I went out last night and checked what you have asked and on starting the car the mode switch is yellow, the Cupra logo is displayed in the top left corner of the...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.