Search results

1. What month do you change over to winter tyres on your Leon?

I have the Nokian WR D4's waiting to go on in November. I had them on last year. They are amazing.
  2. Golf R to Cupra 290

Cupras have become more common place in the Glasgow area recently.
  3. 1.4 TSI - super unleaded?

My Cupra 280 either gets V-Power Nitro 99 or Tesco 99 Super. I don't go near Esso or BP for their 97. I do find it strange that BP and ESSO super is only 97. Surely competition is too strong to sell an inferior product.
  4. Wheel hop issues

Super sports are great.
  5. Cupra, putting power down

The bridge stones were so bad that I swapped them for Michelin pilot super sports and sold the bridge stones on gumtree. They had only done 1000 miles. The PSS s are much much better
  6. Auto-renewal question

Admiral is the sister company to elephant but I bet if you got a quote from Admiral it would be similar to your elephant quote last year. I spent every year getting a quote from the sister company and then phoning back the insurer at the time. They just match it and being the sister company...
  7. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 or not

I only replaced the front two as well. When I take off my Nokian WRD4s in a few weeks I doubt ill be buying a further two. While the Bridgestones are crap in comparison, they are fine for the back.
  8. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 or not

No, I don't think there is more than one. You are thinking of the Pilot Sports not Pilot Super Sports... Here is a link to the ones to fit the cupra. https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy2pjw7euns0f4l/Screenshot%202016-03-12%2020.17.25.png?dl=0
  9. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 or not

Pilot Super Sport is the best compromise. Excellent dry and wet grip.
  10. Cupra - Deciding on gearbox

End of the day there's no right or wrong choice. Both are awesome. One is more relaxing and the other has more driver control and involvement
  11. Cupra - Deciding on gearbox

I used to have a Mk2 Leon tai dsg which I had remapped. I had to return it to standard as the clutches were slipping. Maybe I had a Friday dsg.
  12. Cupra - Deciding on gearbox

The DSG6 has the same quirks I am afraid.
  13. Cupra - Deciding on gearbox

I have the Cupra DSG and love the car to bits. In 90% of my driving I know I have made the correct choice. however when I want to really enjoy the performance i would like to have had the manual. Nothing beats a manual gearbox for spirited driving but if you are doing a commute every day the DSG...
  14. New tyres. Goodyear, conti or Michelin

Just wait until the weather is warm and dry.:lol:
  15. V-Power Diesel

The cupra requires 98 ron for optimum performance. On 95 ron performance is reduced. See the tank flap and manual.
  16. V-Power Diesel

A few tanks on V-Power petrol will see a power increase. I was questioning the diesel version.
  17. V-Power Diesel

Well, its my wife who drives the FR184 and I filled it up yesterday with V Power diesel. She had been running in on supermarket diesel. Ill ask in a weeks time if she has noticed any difference. She doesnt know wha fuelt I put in.
  18. V-Power Diesel

The cupra really benefits from the 99 ron petrol but does the V Power diesel benefit the FR184 in performance to any degree? Discuss.
  19. Tyres

Maybe I haven't driven my wife FR hard enough yet. :lol:
  20. Tyres

The FR is ok with the Bridgestones. The extra power of the cupra just too much for them.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members