Search results

1. mjstokes85

More moans about my 'new, Cupra PD160

Normally LED lights will stay on slightly if the bulbs have been changed. Check then first! Reset the windows by holding the switch up or down for 10 seconds after the window has reaches the top or bottom. If you have the convenience pack on a facelift Cupra you’ll have cruise like I do...
  2. mjstokes85

PD160 Ibiza Cupra Turbo inlet hose.

I've fitted it, it's the pipe that goes straight in to the turbo, had it fitted when I had a new turbo about 8 years ago, never had any issues with it.
  3. mjstokes85

AC not cooling below engine temp 70c

Could be refrigerant levels, when it's hotter and expands more it works? Ever get to the bottom of it?My AC is never great even after a regas.
  4. mjstokes85

Combination switch from ibiza MK5 to MK4

I have a spare genuine cruise control stalk from my 6L if you want to buy it?
  5. mjstokes85

Hello from Derbyshire

Welcome from a fellow Derbyshire Cupra owner :funk:
  6. mjstokes85

internal thermometer position

https://seat.7zap.com/en/e/ibiza+st/ib/2004-468/8/820-820020/ Parts 29,30 and 31 are all temp sensors in the dash.
  7. mjstokes85

Car keeps locking immediately after unlocking

Had this on my MK4 Cupra, burnt out 2 convenience control modules, the issue was the alignment of the lock to the door, the car didn't recognize the door was locked, and so then tried to re-lock and unlock it over and over as it was a few mm out, just check that it is perfectly lined up, even a...
  8. mjstokes85

ibiza 6L Gearstick not springing to centre in neutral & sometimes struggles to find reverse.

Not sure if related but that large metal spring on mine snapped years ago and I can't see a way of getting it off without a whole new assembly.
  9. mjstokes85

Can’t remove the antenna?

The top part of the antenna should just unscrew and then pull out, although I've never managed to do it, mine seems stuck.
  10. mjstokes85

Any experts with PD engines still on here?

What's the issue? I'm not expert but you never know it could be an issue someone else has had and knows the solution to.
  11. mjstokes85

Temp Gauge Low Cupra TDI

I've noticed that slowly over the past few years the temp gauge on my Cupra TDI never seems to go very high anymore, once the car was warm it would always sit at 90 smack bang in the middle, now even after a 2 hour drive it sits about a quarter, so I guess that is about 70. Is this anything to...
  12. mjstokes85

Ibiza cupra tdi 160 high idle

Another apology for digging this up, but my Cupra has just started doing this too, If I slightly lift the pedal with my foot it goes back to normal so I am assuming it's a sticking pedal position sensor or something, I'm going to get in the footwell and take a look at some point soon.
  13. mjstokes85

Ibiza 6L joya racer

I believe this is the part number for these wheels 6L0071491, found here: https://seatdirectparts.co.uk/parts/cordoba/mk2-2002-2009/accessories-mk2-2002-2009/seat-cordoba-2003-2009-17-sport-oz-alloy-wheel/ £322.15 each, expensive!
  14. mjstokes85

Facetube, Youbook, Snapagram and Instachat.

Facebook seems to have largely been superseded by Instagram and TikTok, I think the decline in Facebook is already beginning.
  15. mjstokes85

I'm so pleased this forum is still going strong, I've been here for 17 of those 21 years :funk:
  16. mjstokes85

I can't help but feel social media has killed off a lot of forums like this, certainly it's reduced the numbers massively which is a huge shame as it's still a fantastic resource.
  17. mjstokes85

My Mk4 facelift Ibiza Cupra TDi

Finally got the car back up and running after about 3 months off the road. The convenience control module had melted, this is what controls the central locking, the garage took the whole dash out, I bought a brand new one from seat for £400 and they fitted it, and it melted again when auto lock...
  18. mjstokes85

Key fob for windows to go down like on a Mk5 golf and/or anyway to code in when the car is locked that the electric folding mirrors go on as well

It might need another unit actually, I'm not sure you can do windows up on lock with a 6L. Possibly able to do it with this https://polozhou.wordpress.com/2010/08/23/kvw100-auto-window-moduleintelligent-windowtotal-closure-unit/
  19. mjstokes85

Key fob for windows to go down like on a Mk5 golf and/or anyway to code in when the car is locked that the electric folding mirrors go on as well

I believe the windows are do-able in VCDS depending on what CCM/BCM you have, the mirrors can be done, but it requires a separate relay unit to be installed. https://www.elektroda.com/rtvforum/topic3440410.html
  20. mjstokes85

heated mirrors not working

Ok all sorted, appears they are now linked to the rear de mister since the BCM was reset, apparently this is a setting in VCDS that can be changed. Worth trying putting your mirrors to the heat position and putting your de mister on if they don't work on their own.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.