Search results

1. mjstokes85

Temp Gauge Low Cupra TDI

I've noticed that slowly over the past few years the temp gauge on my Cupra TDI never seems to go very high anymore, once the car was warm it would always sit at 90 smack bang in the middle, now even after a 2 hour drive it sits about a quarter, so I guess that is about 70. Is this anything to...
  2. mjstokes85

Convenience Control Module Swap

A few weeks back my door locks started going crazy while driving, could smell burning and smoke coming from the dash, car has been in the garage since and had the whole dashboard stripped out to discover a melted convenience control module. I have been in touch with seat motor parts and been...
  3. mjstokes85

Ibiza Cupra TDI 6L Parts

Hi, after a price on a couple of parts for my 2007 Cupra TDI Smaller radiator fan, part no. 1C0 959 455 C Cupra chrome boot letters. part no. 6LL853687 739 Bolts for bumper, only need one but happy to buy a pack, part no. N 90788402 A few bolts and bits for the under engine tray, part nos. N...
  4. mjstokes85

V71 Recirc Air Flow Flap Removal & Replacement

Air Flow Flap V71 I’ll start off with the standard disclaimer that you do this at your own risk, I am not a mechanic, I am not an electrician, all work should be carried out by a professional, I am not responsible for you ruining your car or you injuring/killing yourself etc. After...
  5. mjstokes85

Cruise Control Suddenly Stopped Working

Just went to use my cruise control and it doesn’t do anything, was working fine yesterday! I’ve looked at various guides and can’t see any fuse that cruise control uses. My brake lights work fine so it’s not the brake light switch, only thing I can think is the clutch switch? Not sure where this...
  6. mjstokes85

Snapped gear stick spring

Putting my car in 1st this morning and I heard a snap and my gear stick went very light moving it to the left. Just had the gaiter off and noticed there's a big spring that centres the stick that's snapped in half. No idea what it's actually called but is it hard to change? Can someone give me a...
  7. mjstokes85

Triple R Composites Splitter

Anyone on here fitted one of these? I follow a guy on instagram and he fitted one to his red Cupra and it looks awesome. Thoughts? http://www.triplercomposites.co.uk/product/seat-ibiza-mk4-frcupra-splitter/
  8. mjstokes85

Cupra bumper number plate fixings

I currently have the cupra number plate surround on my front and rear bumpers but am beginning to think the front one looks a bit big and frumpy. I can see the holder is stuck on with pads, but are there holes for the standard plate to screw in, or does the standard plate also stick on? The...
  9. mjstokes85

Anyone know where this clip is from?!

Just cleaning my engine bay for the first time since my car got back from the garage and found the clip pictured sat in the drain bit near the wipers, any ideas?! It's not headlight or n75 and the shape suggests it's not a boost hose.
  10. mjstokes85

Another Blown Turbo Thread

Well today I blew my turbo :cry: I pulled away swiftly from some traffic lights, was going about 40mph in 2nd and all of a sudden an enormous cloud of white smoke bellowed out, followed by a massive plume of blue smoke. My car wouldn't go above 45mph and I managed to make it to the work card...
  11. mjstokes85

AP Caliper seized bleed nipples

A few weeks back I got a local garage to change my discs and pads all round to brembo max discs and pagid pads, front pads were squealing so bit the bullet and got some ferodo ds2500 which same garage fitted today. I asked to do the brake fluid whilst in too. Picked it up and he said the bleed...
  12. mjstokes85

Can I paint my intercooler?

Will be taking my bumper off soonish to replace the upper intercooler pipe with the forge hard pipe and thought about cleaning up (it's covered in oil) and spraying my intercooler silver (so it's a bit more visible through the grilles), not sure if I could do this with it still on the car...
  13. mjstokes85

New discs and pads squealing!

Got new discs (brembo max) and pads (pagid) all round fitted the other week and the front drivers side is squealing like a pig under low speed braking. Before I take I back to the garage that fitted everything is there anything I can do? I have tried the bedding in procedure, getting up to 60mph...
  14. mjstokes85

58 Plate MK4

Seen 2 of these in the past week, never seen beyond a 57 plate MK4 before, anyone on here got an 08 or 58 MK4? Must be very rare.
  15. mjstokes85

What make are standard discs and pads on a Cupra

Does anyone know the make of the standard discs and pads on a Cupra? I am getting discs and pads all round soon and am thinking about just taking it to a Seat garage and getting them to do it, but just wondered what brand they will use!
  16. mjstokes85

Another Cupra TDI Clutch Question...

My clutch has started slipping in 4th gear between 1.5 and 2.5k revs, doesn't do it in any other gears just 4th, and it doesn't do it all the time. Not sure if 4th is the standard starting point for a slipping clutch? I am on 83k miles, does that sound about right for a standard clutch...
  17. mjstokes85

Intercooler covered in oil

The left hand side of my FMIC is covered in oil, it looks like it is dripping down from where the top pipe goes in then running down the front. I thought it was coming from the bottom pipe but the oil is above the bottom pipe too so I think it is coming from the top. Anyway, I don't really know...
  18. mjstokes85

OBD WLAN for iphone

I am just investigating these plug in boxes that you can then connect your smart phone/tablet up to to get real time diagnostics. I have read that iphones won't work with a bluetooth one and that I would need a WLAN one, is this correct? In any case I have seen this "WiFi WLAN OBD2 ELM327" on...
  19. mjstokes85

Power folding mirror "overfolding"

My drivers side power folding mirror is what can only be described as "overfolding". When I fold it in it is fine, when I fold it back the motor doesn't stop it at the flush point but keeps going, so the mirror is pointing forward almost. I am guessing there's some kind of stop inside that the...
  20. mjstokes85

Standard Cupra tyre size

What is the standard Cupra tyre size? My car has 205/45/r17 on (not fitted whilst I've had the car) but my spare is 205/40/r17. I assume the spare has the correct size tyre on. In which case when I go to get new tyres as I need some soon anyway, should I revert to the lower profile (that I am...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise